4.60 star(s) 165 Votes

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
By the way, I found this video yesterday and it reminded me of the talk about no exhibitionism in the game because someone could report you.

I've never seen something so over the top. Not that I'm trying to convince anyone that exhibitionism should be included in the game, but it kinda felt like a deja vu type thing.
In all honesty it would be a big deal in the institute because there are kids running around, like for example, a chick caught naked at 3am outside of a Denny's? at worst the police will just make sure you arent drunk and telling you to stop causing a spectacle .
But do the same near a school or children's park at 2pm? oh boy there you are in trouble.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: leathermax

MaxRichard

Oct 7, 2023
It's not hard/complex and it's exactly how it's coded. For example, Rogue.friendship on my game looks like this:
{'Laura': 118, 'Charles': 0, 'Kurt': 0, 'Jean': 92}

And Laura's look like this:
{'Rogue': 68, 'Charles': 0, 'Kurt': 0, 'Jean': 86}

Notice how Laura's relationship score with Rogue is lower than Rogue's relationship with Laura. (68 vs 118).

Rival is just when that number is below zero (for the time being and for Jean and/or Rogue. That may change as new characters are introduced). So basically, just keep working on that relationship until it goes into the positive (or cheat).
But then relevant branch will need to check each relationship both ways, which tends to result in inconsistencies unless you actively code against it. I'm not saying it necessarily creates inconsistencies here as I haven't played through every single scene, but it does make it more complex than just modeling each relationship instead of each character

4.60 star(s) 165 Votes