Ren'Py Abandoned The Office Wife Unofficial Ren'Py [v0.70b] [Phalzyr]

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes

Kroelle Cook

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2018
Hi, this seems like the right place to put this. I have just completed development of a new Ren'Py remake of The Office Wife, complete up to v0.89. This is a from-scratch remake, as I had different goals to Phalzyr:

1. Be as faithful as possible to the RPGM original, while
2. Replacing the RPGM UI with something suitable for Ren'Py.

This version has all of the original game's logic and gameplay.

The downside to this approach is that bugs in the original will also be present here... and I may have introduced new ones in the conversion process (I have hacked a fix for the breakroom bug though.) To help fix these problems, I'm looking for a few volunteers prepared to spend some time this week playing this new Ren'Py version from the start of day 1 up to the end of the current content, preferably with sound on.

If you're interested, message me with your email address and I'll send you a link. Once the issues are ironed out, I'll likely do the first full release at the start of July.

michaelcros
This is fantastic news! If I didn't have other obligations this week I would have jumped at the opportunity. Maybe next time
Best of luck!

DJTEMPAH2020

Jan 24, 2020
Hi, this seems like the right place to put this. I have just completed development of a new Ren'Py remake of The Office Wife, complete up to v0.89. This is a from-scratch remake, as I had different goals to Phalzyr:

The downside to this approach is that bugs in the original will also be present here... and I may have introduced new ones in the conversion process (I have hacked a fix for the breakroom bug though.) To help fix these problems, I'm looking for a few volunteers prepared to spend some time playing this new Ren'Py version from the start of day 1 up to the end of the current content, preferably with sound on.

If you're interested, message me with your email address and I'll send you a link. Once the issues are ironed out, I'll likely do the first full release at the start of July.

michaelcros
cant wait for this to come out really good news to hear that sone picked it back up again. your doing amazing work.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
... and I may have introduced new ones in the conversion process ...
Yep, you certainly did bud. Should fully test anything before releasing imho, even proof of concepts should be as bulletproof as possible. You should aspire for a proper reflection of legit hard work, not a poor one. Don't be hasty. Testing and retesting is mandatory, it simply shouldn't ever be skipped, rushed, or half-assed. Just constructive criticism for motivation to push for better, don't settle for less. Regards.

zenbush

Jul 18, 2020

The downside to this approach is that bugs in the original will also be present here... and I may have introduced new ones in the conversion process (I have hacked a fix for the breakroom bug though.) To help fix these problems, I'm looking for a few volunteers prepared to spend some time playing this new Ren'Py version from the start of day 1 up to the end of the current content, preferably with sound on.

michaelcros
On day 46 (w/37 enchantments), no matter what I do she can't get into the office in her outfit, and there's no option to choose a different outfit. Not sure if it's a bug or if I missed something somewhere.

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
I would really like to thank whoever created this version.
TOW is a great game, but bad to play in the original version.

Reactions: michaelcros

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022

links does not work but this is my link of Phalzyr unofficiial Renpy version!
the only one useful to recap the whole story of this great msterpiece!

Reactions: anedwcan

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022
3 links are working but it's always good to have other options
thanks I was here some month ago and all the the links were offline
that is why i posted my links

the renders in Phalzyr versions are better than in the RPGM spacially in the first part of this version

Reactions: cebs
4.30 star(s) 11 Votes