Ren'Py Abandoned The Office Wife Unofficial Ren'Py [v0.70b] [Phalzyr]

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The very reason it is on hold is the reason that phalzyr is in no position to, and has no obligation to, come back here and satisfy someone's desire that he tell us it is abandoned.

Just let it go. It would be best if everyone just unwatched the thread. I'm going to right now.

KingMaLiTHa

Feb 27, 2020
View attachment 1067860

Overview:
This is an unofficial Ren'Py port. I tried to cut some of the repeated scenes out more as it progresses, but not too much... Hopefully I struck a good balance. This game is fully linear no scenes are really avoidable! You can bypass petting the dog/bestiality...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2021-05-18
Release Date: 2021-05-18
Original Game/Creator: J. S. Deacon Original Thread -
Developer: Phalzyr
Censored: No
Version: 0.70b (Equivalent to 0.70 of original)
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - -
Android: - MEGA - -
Mac: - GDRIVE - MEGA - -

Compressed

Patch 0.70b MEGA (Already part of android version)

View attachment 1067812 View attachment 1067813 View attachment 1067814 View attachment 1067815 View attachment 1067816 View attachment 1067821
Boys !! Is this not going to continue?

Young&Pretty

Jan 28, 2023
Too bad, I'll have to find a backup of the end of this version because I don't think I have the courage to redo everything in rpgm mode...

Reactions: kiori008

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
View attachment 1067860

Overview:
This is an unofficial Ren'Py port. I tried to cut some of the repeated scenes out more as it progresses, but not too much... Hopefully I struck a good balance. This game is fully linear no scenes are really avoidable! You can bypass petting the dog/bestiality...

Thread Updated: 2021-05-18
Release Date: 2021-05-18
Original Game/Creator: J. S. Deacon Original Thread -
Developer: Phalzyr
Censored: No
Version: 0.70b (Equivalent to 0.70 of original)
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - -
Android: - MEGA - -
Mac: - GDRIVE - MEGA - -

Compressed

Patch 0.70b MEGA (Already part of android version)

View attachment 1067812 View attachment 1067813 View attachment 1067814 View attachment 1067815 View attachment 1067816 View attachment 1067821
Phalzyr I feel and understand your loss friend and I am sorry. I don't know how you lost your wife and it doesn't matter, you are hurting and so the grieving begins and it eventually gives way to the healing. I am in the dead of winter of my life and at this point of my life, I hurt and weep for all who suffer a loss. You will eventually heal, it's a fact of life, but, you will always remember, and may her memory be a blessing to you. I pray for your quick healing.
Thank you for this renpy conversion, you are a master of this art. Obviously, you enjoyed doing this work, so hopefully, someday you will decide to come back and continue your great work. God bless you, young person.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Never attempted it from a RPG game to Renpy before... but with a quick look at the original game's files, it looks like the pictures used in this game are in "The Office Wife\www\img", mainly in the "pictures" folder, with other tiles etc... in the other folders. So you may be able to recreate the scenes needed.

I don't see much else you would need to use other than renpy and a WHOLE LOT of time to figure out the various paths etc.

Reactions: michaelcros

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
FYI in RPGM the game code containing the scenes are in JSON format. Each map/location has its own json file in the www/data folder.
So all you need is to do is create a parser+convertor and drive that parser to convert the scenes in the correct order and output to ren'py script.

Besides the standard RPGM game code, game-developers might also use additional (java-script) plug-ins. The more plug-ins, the more difficult the game code could become.

AEA (which I have converted) and Laura Lustful Secret use very basic plug-ins and mostly standard game code so they are or could be easily converted.

I also looked a little in Elena's Life at the time and besides the game developer splitting a lot of scenes in 2 or 3 parts (where deepsleep in AEA would make it one big scene) so it would have been do-able except it would take a whole lot of more work to make the file used to drive the parser.

This game uses some extra plug-ins that complicates the game code.
Normally a scene is attached to a location (tile on the map) and can be dependent on up to 3 condition variables. You can attach multiple scenes to the same tile by using different variables matching different values. So for instance implementing a closet would be setting a scene for each outfit to the same tile and manipulating those condition variables. At least that is how the Stacy getting dressed in the morning should have been implemented. Except here it seems all outfits are in the same scene and most scenes I looked at had a lot of if-conditions in them complicating conversion by a lot

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
Hi I remember you making a wonderful porting of AEA and thanks for the eloquent explanation, my idea would be not to convert it to a Ren'Py VN, but to a Ren'Py Sandbox.
The main problem is precisely as you say to create a decompiler or paser plus the converter which I certainly don't know how to create and I hypothesise, that if you wanted to achieve a different result with the Sandbox, perhaps you could get around the problem you mentioned of the plugin and variables.

Reactions: michaelcros

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
We have Super-devs all over this website. Somebody should be able to redo this game in Ren'Py so that we may all enjoy the game. I don't understand why the original dev doesn't switch to Ren'Py, which would end all this turmoil. I love the other system (RPGM), it's just so buggy.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes