Ren'Py Abandoned The Office Wife Unofficial Ren'Py [v0.70b] [Phalzyr]

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Thoughts on updating to latest update please
not in a near future I´m afraid....
Phalzyr is recovering from some very personal Issues at the Moment, please read the tread for more Information

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I wish someone would carry this on I was really enjoying it lol
Well, this is just a linear renpy port of the original game, which is still being developed. Give it a try. It's not so linear though. I doubt the dev of this will return anytime soon. His wife died on him (something that happened to me last year) and believe me when I tell you that it is VERY devastating that impacts your life for a long time. I totally understand why he stopped... it sucks the motivation out of you totally, to say the least. I do hope he recovers some day and maybe returns and continues, but...

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Well, this is just a linear renpy port of the original game, which is still being developed. Give it a try. It's not so linear though. I doubt the dev of this will return anytime soon. His wife died on him (something that happened to me last year) and believe me when I tell you that it is VERY devastating that impacts your life for a long time. I totally understand why he stopped... it sucks the motivation out of you totally, to say the least. I do hope he recovers some day and maybe returns and continues, but...
I knew about Phalzyr's wife but so sorry to hear about yours.... All my thoughts to you

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I knew about Phalzyr's wife but so sorry to hear about yours.... All my thoughts to you
Thank you. These forums have honestly helped me a great deal. There's a lot of caring, compassionate people in here. I was given the cold shoulder by a minister of a church I wanted to attend just to meet with people and get help after my loss... I found it ironic that there are more caring, loving people in here than in church.

GM88

Mar 5, 2018
Thank you. These forums have honestly helped me a great deal. There's a lot of caring, compassionate people in here. I was given the cold shoulder by a minister of a church I wanted to attend just to meet with people and get help after my loss... I found it ironic that there are more caring, loving people in here than in church.
My condolences for your loss. Time is the only true healer. Keep your memories close.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I understand that part... I faced the same uncaring, stone-cold face of the church for a loss in my family. Sorry you had to deal with it on top of your grief...
But I'm glad the forum help you through it ; some little words or act of kindness can help a lot indeed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
Someone who is amazing please continue the renpy version. The dev clearly doesn't care to fix certain things that make the game unplayable. Like where the game freezes at the train station. Its been reported serval times with each of the last 4 to 5 updates but it never gets fixed.

fort4

Nov 18, 2019
Someone who is amazing please continue the renpy version. The dev clearly doesn't care to fix certain things that make the game unplayable. Like where the game freezes at the train station. Its been reported serval times with each of the last 4 to 5 updates but it never gets fixed.
Bro devs wife died. His lack of "care" is justified.

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
The problems come when developers use it for games that lack exploration, random encounters, experience tracking, leveling up, etc because then the clicks to move become a chore and not an opportunity.
And that is the problem. That "chore" is excruciating. Why would I ever waste my time on manually moving between scenes when a single press of the spacebar, or perhaps a short sequence of multiple questions, will do the exact same job with zero loss of erotic charge?

Reactions: darlic

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
Bro devs wife died. His lack of "care" is justified.
Let's hope either he or somebody else returns. I am thankful to Phalzyr because without him, I would never have gotten an inkling what JS Deacon's game was about.

Unless the break is permanent, just give the guy some space. It's not like it matters much whether the next version comes today or 6 months from now.

Reactions: fort4 and xapican

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
And that is the problem. That "chore" is excruciating. Why would I ever waste my time on manually moving between scenes when a single press of the spacebar, or perhaps a short sequence of multiple questions, will do the exact same job with zero loss of erotic charge?
As I noted, Ren'py either doesn't work, or doesn't work well, when the game needs exploration, accumulation of some type of experience points, leveling up, and other aspects of RPGs. For visual novels like this game, Ren'py is superior to RPGM.

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
As I noted, Ren'py either doesn't work, or doesn't work well, when the game needs exploration, accumulation of some type of experience points, leveling up, and other aspects of RPGs. For visual novels like this game, Ren'py is superior to RPGM.
I'm pretty sure the dev-teams behind Summertime Saga or Milfy City disprove all your points about Ren'Py not working well for anything other than a (linear) VN

Reactions: Aizar

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm pretty sure the dev-teams behind Summertime Saga or Milfy City disprove all your points about Ren'Py not working well for anything other than a (linear) VN
Since I am not making any "points about Ren'Py not working well for anything other than a (linear) VN," neither those dev-teams nor I care about whether those dev-teams could destroy your strawman argument.

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
As I noted, in a sex game, all momentum is lost if the user is asked to play a fucking game in the middle of having an erotic experience, so RPGM is utterly useless for games posted on f95. I'm sure it's functional for regular loot and xp games, but that's not what we're here for.

Sex games can have exploration elements and choice points sure, but this is not the way to deliver them. Asking the player to navigate a maze-like map has only one result: separating one sexy-time encounter from the other, utterly bringing you out of it.

RPGM games are gobsmackingly useless when it comes to providing some kind of erotic charge, and any effort buried beneath the astoundingly ill-suited mechanisms of the engine simply will never be experienced by someone like me, and likely the absolute majority of f95'ers as well. I remain dumbstrucked on how this piece of crap keeps getting selected by authors that have an ambition to arouse.

So thanks to people like Phalzyr. He has singlehandedly saved valuable contents from the grasp of RPGM. Sure, the resulting RenPy implementations are streamlined, but that's a result of the conversion, and definitely a worthy compromise. Had JS Deacon chosen literally any other engine, none of this would have been necessary, and even people like me could have had the complete experience. So no shade falls on Phalzyr, and no shade falls on RenPy.

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well, it's too bad that you are not wired to appreciate erotica presented in an RPG, but I'm thinking that you are not, as you claim, in the majority here. I'd argue that the majority appreciate variety far more than you do. Different strokes, etc.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes