Ren'Py Abandoned The Office Wife Unofficial Ren'Py [v0.70b] [Phalzyr]

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Please understand that while you may find it difficult to comprehend the difference between things being temporarily on hold and permanently abandoned most of the rest of us don't.

For the life of me I can't fathom how somebody in the internet age could still believe that anything more complex than immediate gratification would be welcomed.

I simply don't understand how somebody could reply "the answer is upthread" thinking this to make a difference. People will ALWAYS just keep asking, so why not just keep answering (or stay silent)...?
Eventually, we may give up trying to convince people. I guess it can depend on the person's mood that day, to whether they're annoyed enough to type a response or not. Sometimes without an answer, people just keep spamming. At the same time, some younger people may learn that a forum thread is a wealth of info, and there's a handy search feature.

Reactions: xapican

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
For the life of me I can't fathom how somebody in the internet age could still believe that anything more complex than immediate gratification would be welcomed.
While I can understand the/your reasoning behind someone wanting "immediate gratification" in this internet age, the reality of matter is that "gratification" from posting such a question was never likely to be "immediate".

eg. Time between question asked and a related reply 33 minutes, so not exactly "immediate", and the next reply relating to that original question hasn't occurred yet!

Where as taking the time to review the tags associated with this thread would of gain that "immediate gratification" being sort after.

Wabbit

Jun 3, 2017
Please understand that while you may find it difficult to comprehend the difference between things being temporarily on hold and permanently abandoned most of the rest of us don't.
you do realize that he said he wasnt coming back right ??

Reactions: xapican

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I simply don't understand how somebody could reply "the answer is upthread" thinking this to make a difference. People will ALWAYS just keep asking, so why not just keep answering (or stay silent)...?
Especially when the amount of effort put into telling someone to look elsewhere for the answer could have been put into simply answering the question.

Reactions: anedwcan

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
Especially when the amount of effort put into telling someone to look elsewhere for the answer could have been put into simply answering the question.
True.

But there is also the old adage "If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime." to consider when it comes to supplying an answer to a problem.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
True.

But there is also the old adage "If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime." to consider when it comes to supplying an answer to a problem.
Okay, so if I ever meet someone who is starving, and I have a stack of fish, I should tell them "go fishing"? How is that teaching them anything? Sorry, but your analogy doesn't fit here. You're not teaching anyone, anything by refusing to answer the question.

I once asked a question after searching for an answer myself for over an hour, I got the same annoying reply "go look in the thread", well, i did look, hard, I always do... the answer wasn't available. I ended up spending two days looking and when I found the answer, I came back and made a post sharing it with everyone else who may need help in the future.

If I can type a paragraph telling someone to look elsewhere, I can also use that time to type a paragraph which actually helps them. I don't see any reason not to. These forums are toxic enough as it is and I'll be typing anyhow. If you hate answering them, than.... ummm.... don't answer them... at all.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
Okay, so if I ever meet someone who is starving, and I have a stack of fish, I should tell them "go fishing"?
That's a interesting comparison you're doing there:
1. Someone that wants an answer to a question, who are willing to wait for however long it takes for someone else to supply it.
(even though they could gained that answer themselves within seconds by looking at the tags assigned to the thread they posted the question in)
2. Someone that is in danger of staving to death if the don't gain access to food.

And then you seem to misunderstand the meaning of the word "consider"... and seem to miss the fact that I agreed with the part of your earlier statement that I quoted.

If you hate answering them, than.... ummm.... don't answer them... at all.
A couple of points:
1. I did indirectly answer the question by pointing out that the tags associated with this thread gives the answer.
2. My previous comments (relating to the current subject matter) were all replies to what others had commented about the original answer of the initial question.
3. Both on this forum, as on those related to using the Twine development toolchain, the majority of my posts are relating to supplying solutions to others technical problems. So I do have some history with helping others, and I generally use the adage I mentioned when supplying those answers.
eg. I generally teach those others how to workout the solution themselves before supplying an example solution.

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
Guys, anyone can see that there have been no updates for almost a year now and that the Ren'Py version has skipped 3 RPG releases 0.75, 0.78 and 0.80. This can be seen in the OP, and unless Phalzyr gets the will to continue I think it's difficult for someone else to pick up the game where he left off.

Zimowit

Jun 2, 2020
"People will ALWAYS just keep asking, so why not just keep answering "
Really? You think that given the opportunity to check the answer one should, without that check, ask "how is your loved one" when it has already been written about her death many times?
PS. If the creator has the mental strength to continue his work he will do so and asking about the deadline only delays it because it causes him to be upset by the insensitivity of the people he created for!

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Terry Pratchett's version was better: "If you give a man a fire, he's warm for a day, but if you light a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life."

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
You're aware the guy who was doing the rpgm to renpy ports suffered a major loss in his life and currently is no longer doing any porting whatsoever. This could change in the future bit i wouldn't hold my breath...

Odds are this is abandoned and will never be updated again.

Superscrew

Jul 6, 2020
View attachment 1067860

Overview:
This is an unofficial Ren'Py port. I tried to cut some of the repeated scenes out more as it progresses, but not too much... Hopefully I struck a good balance. This game is fully linear no scenes are really avoidable! You can bypass petting the dog/bestiality...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2021-05-18
Release Date: 2021-05-18
Original Game/Creator: J. S. Deacon Original Thread -
Developer: Phalzyr
Censored: No
Version: 0.70b (Equivalent to 0.70 of original)
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - -
Android: - MEGA - -
Mac: - GDRIVE - MEGA - -

Compressed

Patch 0.70b MEGA (Already part of android version)

View attachment 1067812 View attachment 1067813 View attachment 1067814 View attachment 1067815 View attachment 1067816 View attachment 1067821
Why does this game open up as University of Problems, and doesn't open because of some missing info?

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes