jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
V.0.89 Public Release

Here's the Public Release of V.0.89! This release picks up right where the last one left off (use save slot 36) after Stacy obtained her new work outfit from Morgan. Needless to say, it's pretty ridiculous! In this release, you get new scenes with Donnie, the landlord's friends, Simon, Stevie, Zack, the dog, a new naked outside scene, and much more (including all scenes updated with the new outfit). I've also completely redone the gallery (and it's mostly completed) and created a new animated title screen. The gallery is now organized by Enchantment and gives you a hint for each one. This will help you better track your progress.

If you encounter any bugs, please let me know!

To use the patch file, you have to go to your game file and delete everything in the folder titled The Office Wife except for the folders, then copy everything in the patch file into that same folder and replace all. If you just copy it all without deleting the prior contents (minus the folders), then it won't copy correctly and the game won't work.

Without further ado...

kizuru

Jul 11, 2020
V.0.89 Public Release

Here's the Public Release of V.0.89! This release picks up right where the last one left off (use save slot 36) after Stacy obtained her new work outfit from Morgan. Needless to say, it's pretty ridiculous! In this release, you get new scenes with Donnie, the landlord's friends, Simon, Stevie, Zack, the dog, a new naked outside scene, and much more (including all scenes updated with the new outfit). I've also completely redone the gallery (and it's mostly completed) and created a new animated title screen. The gallery is now organized by Enchantment and gives you a hint for each one. This will help you better track your progress.

If you encounter any bugs, please let me know!

To use the patch file, you have to go to your game file and delete everything in the folder titled The Office Wife except for the folders, then copy everything in the patch file into that same folder and replace all. If you just copy it all without deleting the prior contents (minus the folders), then it won't copy correctly and the game won't work.

Without further ado...

Windows

Windows (google drive)

Mac

Mac (google drive)
Could've sworn there was hobo content coming this update as well

Oh well thanks for the update Mr jsdeacon-sama

warmonger

Jun 25, 2017
Unable to open the mac version :/

Edit - My bad. I downloaded the pre-release. Will now check with the public release and update.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
I mean there's always a contrarian on the internet. Someone who can just claim they "never this, never that" because nobody can prove them wrong. I offered proof of bugs each time I encountered one, you however never offered proof of a smooth playthrough each time, and without a video you couldn't, and to be blunt because one can claim anything there's no reason I need to take you at your word, or even 10 people. The pre-releases are buggy as shit, the people who have smooth playthroughs won't report it because they played the game, are content and moved on, and so the people posting here will complain in some form or another usually because that's human nature. The people who report (ie volunteer information) are usually on two extremes of the spectrum, they have something negative or really positive to say (and the positive reporting is less common than negative, all of this is statistics 101).

Either way you can keep telling me what to type, how to post, how to behave, what to think, good luck with that. I will do what I want. Crying comforts me, and I will bitch about the bugs until banned, or until people stop posting pre-releases. And in the case of ban I will unban, make a new account, smurf and bitch again until banned. I think I'm on my 8th ban/new account. Good luck.

Oh and fuck you. =)
Wow, a human virus!!!! Or is it? (Bot, A.I.)

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I just got to the point where the worthless husband got his dumbass fired - do we get to leave him at some point for a better person or is it just a continual descent into shit with the people around her
She hasn't left him yet. She seems to truly love him, though I agree that it's hard to see why.

Reactions: fusspot

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
I just got to the point where the worthless husband got his dumbass fired - do we get to leave him at some point for a better person or is it just a continual descent into shit with the people around her
Maybe, wifey will turn worthless hubby into a sissy slave and use him to clean up her drenched overflowing holes with his mouth and tongue. Still serving a purpose, lol.

usualhacker

Aug 16, 2022
None of the scenes seemed to work for me, it would just show the RPGM part (along with text) and a flicker of an image/scene that comes and goes in half a second. Saw that someone else mentioned it, but no one seemed to address it.
Had same problem. Gonna wait, if it gets fixed.

usualhacker

Aug 16, 2022
jsdeacon I guess my save must have been mixed with the provided saves then? I used the update patch first time. I downloaded full 5 gigs now, so I will try it with just the provided saves. hopefully it works and no "now loading..." screen... thanks for the reply.

but just so you're aware, you said the game has a new menu screen? yet this all i see... so this is part of what lead me to believe something is wrong with the game, or the downloaded version i got. i saw this both with the patch version, and now with the full 5 gig version? pretty sure i'm supposed to be seeing something cooler than black screen =/

View attachment 2529963

this time im using 5 gig version, didn't touch save folder, save 35 (enchantment 79), (same as when i used patch version) and the game still has the 'now loading' issue. the progress stops progressing first time in elevator in the office, when you sit at desk or after talking to michael.

it also has this bug on the train, where the train is black for a majority of the time, dude. see i knew it wasn't my problem.

View attachment 2529964

i know it's not your fault, and i don't mean to be an ass every time, but it's just fucking depressing dude. i wish people would stop ripping your game the second it's released because i keep having to put up with this shit before its bug tested.

here is the now loading, that stays up forever until you close the game.
View attachment 2529970

to be fair it doesn't seem like a progress issue more than a game engine/pc issue? maybe, but nothing changed about my pc between the updates...

edit: fixed it, i had to run the game in compatibility mode for windows 8... (i'm using windows 11) so i guess it was my problem? or something weird happened.

edit2: nvm that fixed the graphical errors, like the train, and start menu, but i still have the now loading screen of death.
Had same issues. 0.87 worked fine, no pc hardware/software changes.

Reactions: erraticnipples

usualhacker

Aug 16, 2022
I am using the saves in the install?

I downloaded 5 gig version, extracted to it's own folder, opened that folder, ran the game, clicked continue, loaded save 35, echantment 79. Is this not the save provided with the game?

View attachment 2531645

It doesn't work with save file 36 either.

Either way something is shitty about this update, game used to work, now it's black screens everywhere, and I have to run compatibility mode for windows 8 to see the menu title graphic properly, and other in game scenes.

Maybe if the save section had fucking dates on when the saves were made, it would have helped. =/
Seems most win 11 users have that issue, also me.

iceza

Oct 4, 2017
download a public release now loading bug still exist. anyone know how to fix it? i try change compatibility mode but it just fix black scene.

Reactions: erraticnipples

bbbbb5

Jun 6, 2020
Great update, wish they were a little longer but pretty sure JS is a one man team.

No bugs at all for me. I played the prerelease and started from save 36.

Reactions: taglag
4.00 star(s) 102 Votes