RPGM - The Office Wife [v0.91 Hotfix1] [J. S. Deacon]

1. 4.00 star(s)

radical686

UPDATE: Version 0.75

Good game undermined by a lot of mindless repetition.

The Good:
    -IMHO one of the hottest female protags on this site
    -The story is hot and reasonably well scripted
    - graphics are OK -- good at times -- but not great
    -Update: the graphics of Stacy have improved dramatically and she is now one of the hottest rendered models on the site.

The Bad:
    - RPGM --> The point behind all the travel just seems to be a waste of time. I guess it allows you to do or not do things, but it got tedious.
    - way too repetitious. I ended up fast-forwarding through a lot of grind.

Concerns: A lot of mindless repetition. The story never really evolves with the doctor, so the repeated scenes felt pointless even though you were encouraged to visit. (The doctor scenes have been pared back considerably). Some of the repetition also repeated intro dialogue that made it appear like they were just now having a conversation about something new when it was the 10th time they were having the same conversation. For instance, Michael asks Stacey about the "pains" but the dialogue kept acting like he was seeing her in pain for the first time. Annoying and easy to correct in the game logic.

Upd: Lastly, as much as many are cheering the NTR, from my perspective it simply doesn't exist. The NTR is coming into sharper focus. I opposed this being called NTR initially, bc Jason was not demonstrating jealousy; instead he was encouraging her to tease other men and didn't care when she fucked them. So, it felt more like cuckolding than NTR to me. But that is starting to change, and it is well done. It's starting to feel more like "be careful what you wish for."

In the updated version there are more scenes of him second-guessing sharing her, but for the most part, I really don't see this as NTR. It's games like this where I believe there is a sincere need for a cuckold tag, b/c this feels more like cuckolding than NTR.

Updated final thoughts: Some of the repetition has been pared down considerably, but there is still a lot of grind early in the game and a lot of the travel is unnecessary and sometimes confusing. As a consequence of the changes made, I'm upping my review to a 3.5 and rounding up to a 4 because the main female model is simply one of the hottest rendered models on this site.

I think there's potential here, but for now, I'm rating this a 3.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating for v0.1 is:

Pros
    :
    + Graphics O.K
    + Active Play
    + Nice few Scenes
    + Ntr Game

Cons:
    - Some Grinding
    - Few Scenes
    - No Hint if task completed

Conclusion:
    The Game was pretty good at the beginning,but after some time you start running around all over the Place not really knowing what to do.
    There should be a hint system built in to tell you what you need to do next or a little hint would be nice.
    also if you have reached the end would help.
    Hope that changes will come in the future.
    For a Version 0.1 it was pretty Interesting.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

OMGAPervert

The game has a good amount of content for a first release, renders and animations are great.
    The gameplay is a bit repetitive, in order to progress you have to repeat some tasks several times with little differences in dialogues, this could be fixed by removing the need to do some of the tasks every single day but considering most of the events happens at MC's job (and jobs are monotonous) this is probably not to bad, also the game is pretty straight forward with some minor bugs and interesting story.
    Overall I really enjoyed the game so I recommend it.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

hexenhaus

Version 0.4-Update:
    I do not really know what to say... The writing is still good and the pictures are decent. However, while they grind was negligible in v0.1 because of the games other qualities, progressing or should I say grinding further into the story makes it worse, even with skipping. You just crawl through the days, suffering through the tenth gate or lunch scene with the exact the same dialogue, doing the same "events" with the exact same dialogue, in the hope to find that scene that has 2 new sentences at the end. You never know what to do progress and if there is any choice at all. And all the time you wonder, "do I have to repeat the scene a number of times" or "is there any progression in another work event and I simply did not find it?". It just always feels out of reach (carrot) and it is really frustrating. And of course you have to your noon-work at floor 1, get your stuff in 2, workout in the basement and get back to 1 to leave the building. If there was a game in need of a renpy conversion - it is this one!

Score changed to 2*

Version 0.1:
    Good start to a hopefully succesful NTR game, that atm suffers avoidable common RPGM problems.

In Detail:
    Good art and well-build RPGM world, that seems to be just the right size. The story seems ok (what there is) and the writing is good. There are no serious bugs and the game is stable and performant.

However the game is VERY repetetive - you grind the days (shower->clothing-> breakfast->work->lunch->repeat) with only minor alterations to dialogue/scene - if any at all! The daily stuff and conversations is 90% literally the same, with even the same thoughts and stuff and after clicking through the same scene for the tenth time - hello Einstein and his definition of insanity...
    Do not get me wrong there are some new dialogue snippets after some repetitions and I don't mind a slow pace (if there is interesting content) but if you cut out "daily stuff/scenes" there is maybe 25% game and 75% bloat through grind/repetition.

3* (average) for a promising but tedious start.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

lucas137

Best ntr game i have played in a long while, hands down the most interesting background story.

It could have a bit more decision making experience, but overall you should totally give it a try.

Hoping for future updates to have as much new content as v0.1

Keep up the good work!