Others Abandoned The Orc's Tale [v0.04] [tl101]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
The release will be in about a week, two weeks at most. Now almost everything is ready, only text and pictures need to be added :) The basis of the script is written. That is, all the events that will occur and their conditions, but instead of some text in common words about what should be a dialogue.
Render is 85% complete.
Debug completed - I checked the game on three machines with different architecture.
The number of events in the update I had to reduce:
  • "Rob a vault 1 - You and Ivy successfully get into the vault and take what you need" - Remains.
  • "Deep Throat Training" reduced to lvl 1-2
  • "rob a vault 2 - Ivy goes alone, fails, and needs your help to get out" combined with "Ivy collects magical energy (by masturbating and having an orgasm)" and reduced to only one level.
Work on this update took a very long time because it contains a lot of internal work. In the next few updates I plan to mostly move the story, and the engine improvements will be cosmetic only. So the next few updates should be done much faster.

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
I've uploaded a new version.

In this release:
  • Added 4 new events:
    • "Rob a vault 1" - You and Ivy successfully get into the vault and take what you need;
    • "Rob a vault 2" - Ivy goes alone, fails, and needs your help to get out;
    • "Deep Throat Training" lvl 1-2.
  • Added a time of day system. But so far it is not very important, because all the new events are happening in the afternoon. But in the next update will be added events, which depend on the time of day.
  • Big internal engine upgrade, which I described in more detail here.
  • Added opportunity to save and load the game. The save and load menus have only been implemented in a basic form so far, in the next release I will make them more renpy style. The release includes one savefile for the new content. If you played the first release, you can load from this file.
  • Small changes in the engine and UI.
In the next release I plan to:
  • Add a few new locations in the human settlement and a few new characters.
  • Add the ability to watch Ivy through a magic orb. There will be a few events related to it. The orb itself is already in the game, but for now it's practically useless.
  • Make minor changes to the UI and engine: add the ability to enter text, implement a save/load menu, character customization menu, implement the ability to rollback, etc.

Reactions: newguy42

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
I've uploaded a new version.

In this release:
  • Added 4 new events:
    • "Rob a vault 1" - You and Ivy successfully get into the vault and take what you need;
    • "Rob a vault 2" - Ivy goes alone, fails, and needs your help to get out;
    • "Deep Throat Training" lvl 1-2.
  • Added a time of day system. But so far it is not very important, because all the new events are happening in the afternoon. But in the next update will be added events, which depend on the time of day.
  • Big internal engine upgrade, which I described in more detail here.
  • Added opportunity to save and load the game. The save and load menus have only been implemented in a basic form so far, in the next release I will make them more renpy style. The release includes one savefile for the new content. If you played the first release, you can load from this file.
  • Small changes in the engine and UI.
In the next release I plan to:
  • Add a few new locations in the human settlement and a few new characters.
  • Add the ability to watch Ivy through a magic orb. There will be a few events related to it. The orb itself is already in the game, but for now it's practically useless.
  • Make minor changes to the UI and engine: add the ability to enter text, implement a save/load menu, character customization menu, implement the ability to rollback, etc.
I like what you've done so far. Honestly I still prefer the original dick though some other neat options do exist for those models but of course each dick variant means a whole new rendering needed for every scene image featuring his dick being out so not going to push that possibility heh.

So it looks like with the next release the orc will start building a harem perhaps? I do hope the other female characters will have a wide variety of body types from pudgy milf to muscular. One thing that puts me off from any VN is when every female in the game is just a slight variation of a basic body type the author uses over and over.

Reactions: tl101

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
So it looks like with the next release the orc will start building a harem perhaps?
Not exactly. I mean, those characters that will be added will end up in the harem, but there won't be any active actions for that in the next release yet. You'll be able to look into the magic orb at different times of the day and see Ivy doing different things in different places. And there will be new characters in those places. Then, through Ivy, you'll be able to influence these characters so that they come in for a visit. But that won't be in the next release.

Jun 26, 2020
This game definitley has potential and it is nice to see an orc protagonist instead of a goblin for once. Any chance of impregnation and do you plan a slow burn before any actual sex happens?

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
Not exactly. I mean, those characters that will be added will end up in the harem, but there won't be any active actions for that in the next release yet. You'll be able to look into the magic orb at different times of the day and see Ivy doing different things in different places. And there will be new characters in those places. Then, through Ivy, you'll be able to influence these characters so that they come in for a visit. But that won't be in the next release.
I didn't mean immediately of course I know you just started to develop this and all. One thing I will say I have liked is how the orc mc either forces or tricks Ivy into being nude often. Exhibition and Forced Exhibition is such a rare theme in VNs of this genre so along with playing a non human protagonist it's nice to see that theme in effect to and I hope it continues with the other women.

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Any chance of impregnation and do you plan a slow burn before any actual sex happens?
Impregnation and pregnancy progression are planned. I did not understand the second part of the question.

I originally planned to add sex scenes in the 3rd or 4th update, but now the plans have changed a bit. I want to do several small updates of 3-4 evens each. And then do a big update that will include a battlesystem and sex scenes. Something like sex wrestling. If I can do it the way I plan, it will be roughly similar to jsk studio games.

Reactions: Thegoblinlayer

OrcDra

Aug 22, 2018
Will there be a female Orc in this story? Not sure how it fits but every fantasy game could need an orc girl!

primoo357

Jun 30, 2017
Keep up the great work! Finally a real orc male/human female game. And the dialogue and story content is also hilarious as well as having a direction of seriousness. Very excited to see what the future holds for this game. The brainwashing bit is great. I can sense in the future it'll be like stockholm syndrome where she just accepts her position and place.

Dave3518

Nov 5, 2017
The Orc's Tale is a game you play an Orc explorer...
Fuck.. didn't see that one coming
mine was missing MSVCP140.dll downloaded that now VCRUNTIME140.dll Is missing would'not even start so i cant even rate the game
im using win 10 pro

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020
Impregnation and pregnancy progression are planned. I did not understand the second part of the question.
No problem, the second half of your message answered it. Sounds good although I’m sure it’ll take time since you’re still building your engine.

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
mine was missing MSVCP140.dll downloaded that now VCRUNTIME140 Is missing would'not even start so i cant even rate the game
im using win 10 pro
Did you download the dll file separately or did you install the distributed package as described in the install section?
2. if it says "the MSVCP140.dll is missing." download and setup from microsoft:
Please try to remove this file and install the whole package.

Reactions: Dave3518

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
What tasks do you think takes you the longest time to complete for each update? I.E. Rendering, story writing, scripting.
About half the time it took to create and improve the engine. In second place was rendering. Image post-processing, story writing, and scripting are about evenly split.

Dave3518

Nov 5, 2017
Did you download the dll file separately or did you install the distributed package as described in the install section?
Please try to remove this file and install the whole package.
i reinstaled the whole pack game works now thanks for your help
first i did one at a time

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes