3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

What would be the next fetish/activity/thing you would like Wegild to do?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
Pretty decent game, but controls could use some work. Seeing that it uses wasd to move around, having z and x be attack and block might be a better place for those controls
In my opinion "Z" and "X" would only work if the game used arrows for movement input. However, similarly to the resolution option (which I thankfully managed to implement for the first build) there will be a control scheme change option for the game, to accommodate people that play on controllers as well as those that want to change the keyboard bindings. I'll play with it for the next update but currently the bugs take precedence.

Reactions: sjs3221

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
it's literally above you but the jump is impossible and I have not seen another way to get to it
It's just me being a dick, the doors will contain another location for the next content update but I failed to appropriately inform the player about it. Even if you get the key, well, the area has nothing. Mea maxima culpa!

• Haha
Reactions: sjs3221

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
When it comes to the sound, I understand that it's not only the slime pool sounds but also the sounds that Wegild makes during Struggle encounters, movement etc? Slime pool sound, I agree, is terrible and I will get rid of it in the hotfixed version, but I am interested if the issue is with any other sound. If it's global, for all sounds, there might be something finnicky going on with the AudioManager for some user configurations and I would need to check that as well.
I thought it was with all sounds, and had to restore the deleted game folder to double check haha. Some sounds are unaffected by whatever is going on, so I'll list a few of the different sounds and how it comes through for me. For context, my volume bar goes between 0-100 and this is with the volume set at 2/100.
The main menu music is heavily distorted and very loud.
Running, jumping and attacking is barely audible, likely the normal volume for my settings.
Navigating the chest has a similarly quiet sound.
Running past a bonfire is so loud and distorted it acts like a jumpscare sometimes. However, the crackle of the fire itself, whilst loud, isn't distorted.
Chopping those plants that give you items down has a sound between quiet and loud.
Opening a loot chest is very distorted and loud.
The ambient noise of the forest is the same as the plants mentioned above.
The combat sounds when hitting those, grey midget things (forget their name) is loud and distorted, as is when they attack.
Sex itself is just loud as soon as it's initiated, but the stages afterward are both loud and distorted.
Inside the left cave, there is a GOD AWFUL constant screeching sound, which is both loud and distorted and can actually be painful to listen to after a long time. One place I hear it happen is the doorway you enter to find the merchant.
The teleport pillars also emit at a distorted and loud frequency, and the teleport animation sound is also distorted.

So, these are what I encountered when just going for a run from the hideout to the pillar in the far depth of the left cave. I know it's not a common issue, or else EVERYONE would be bitching about it because it is painfully obvious something is wrong. I do also recall the slime pools being obnoxious too, but that one you already know about. I'm just wondering why I'm so affected, cause nothing else I've ever played or listened to has ever had any audio issues.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: WegildDev

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
I thought it was with all sounds, and had to restore the deleted game folder to double check haha. Some sounds are unaffected by whatever is going on, so I'll list a few of the different sounds and how it comes through for me. For context, my volume bar goes between 0-100 and this is with the volume set at 2/100.
The main menu music is heavily distorted and very loud.
Running, jumping and attacking is barely audible, likely the normal volume for my settings.
Navigating the chest has a similarly quiet sound.
Running past a bonfire is so loud and distorted it acts like a jumpscare sometimes. However, the crackle of the fire itself, whilst loud, isn't distorted.
Chopping those plants that give you items down has a sound between quiet and loud.
Opening a loot chest is very distorted and loud.
The ambient noise of the forest is the same as the plants mentioned above.
The combat sounds when hitting those, grey midget things (forget their name) is loud and distorted, as is when they attack.
Sex itself is just loud as soon as it's initiated, but the stages afterward are both loud and distorted.
Inside the left cave, there is a GOD AWFUL constant screeching sound, which is both loud and distorted and can actually be painful to listen to after a long time. One place I hear it happen is the doorway you enter to find the merchant.
The teleport pillars also emit at a distorted and loud frequency, and the teleport animation sound is also distorted.

So, these are what I encountered when just going for a run from the hideout to the pillar in the far depth of the left cave. I know it's not a common issue, or else EVERYONE would be bitching about it because it is painfully obvious something is wrong. I do also recall the slime pools being obnoxious too, but that one you already know about. I'm just wondering why I'm so affected, cause nothing else I've ever played or listened to has ever had any audio issues.
Thank you for describing your problem so thoroughly and with clear examples. I believe that the issue might be connected to the way Unity deals with the audio listener (basically player) in various distances towards a sound in the 2d space.
The game is playing sounds from 2 listeners, one that is global and not distance based like running, climbing sounds (for which you do not seem to have those problems) and ambience and the other that "Catches" sounds like aforementioned fire cracks from an object, acid pools etc with which your problem is most likely connected.
It is, however, weird that this problem is so isolated. I'll try to fiddle with the sound settings and get to the bottom of the issue.

Thank you for playing and for giving your feedback, you are a champ!

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Thank you for describing your problem so thoroughly and with clear examples. I believe that the issue might be connected to the way Unity deals with the audio listener (basically player) in various distances towards a sound in the 2d space.
The game is playing sounds from 2 listeners, one that is global and not distance based like running, climbing sounds (for which you do not seem to have those problems) and ambience and the other that "Catches" sounds like aforementioned fire cracks from an object, acid pools etc with which your problem is most likely connected.
It is, however, weird that this problem is so isolated. I'll try to fiddle with the sound settings and get to the bottom of the issue.

Thank you for playing and for giving your feedback, you are a champ!
WeglidDev & DaBouncer -- as a random watcher and reader of the thread (for the same preg tag reasons) - Iv heard of some odd sound related issues in the past for games built with various engines (Unity,HTML-based,etc) in regards to audio bit rate and sample rate configs.
Check to see if your "Default Format" is set too high. Its buried in the Sound Control Panel, go Properties on your speakers of choice, Advanced tab > And if your audio is set to anything other than 16bit 44100Hz, first test setting it to 16/44100 or 16/48000, and relaunch the game and see if that helps or not.
Theres been issues with certain games if its set to 24bit and anything higher than 48000. Sometimes its even just the 24bit side that causes problems.
1718815905962.png
I have not tried the game yet myself, but see if that helps at all to narrow down what might be causing the distortion.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
WeglidDev & DaBouncer -- as a random watcher and reader of the thread (for the same preg tag reasons) - Iv heard of some odd sound related issues in the past for games built with various engines (Unity,HTML-based,etc) in regards to audio bit rate and sample rate configs.
Check to see if your "Default Format" is set too high. Its buried in the Sound Control Panel, go Properties on your speakers of choice, Advanced tab > And if your audio is set to anything other than 16bit 44100Hz, first test setting it to 16/44100 or 16/48000, and relaunch the game and see if that helps or not.
Theres been issues with certain games if its set to 24bit and anything higher than 48000. Sometimes its even just the 24bit side that causes problems.
View attachment 3750578
I have not tried the game yet myself, but see if that helps at all to narrow down what might be causing the distortion.
I did test it abit on my monitor (my headphones for some reason don't have a higher setting than 48000, damn you Razer!) but did not seem to get the effect you are speaking of. I'll try to find a pair that will do the job but in the meanwhile if someone could check it I would be most gracious. I think I can write a method that will interact with the Audio Mixer a bit and make some changes to the audio output in such cases.

deaddog

May 16, 2017
As a matter of fact, I am currently developing potions and planned on adding a contraceptive one.
However, let me be frank, the pregnancy mechanic will still be one of the core ones and much of the progression will be based upon it (permanent upgrades to the base etc) and not only for the main character but for some npc's as well
That's great to hear you'll be adding potions. Maybe some tablets or something (I dunno) to do the upgrades?

I'm 0% kink shaming; I just want to enjoy your excellent looking work, and it's a total dealbreaker for me.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
That's great to hear you'll be adding potions. Maybe some tablets or something (I dunno) to do the upgrades?

I'm 0% kink shaming; I just want to enjoy your excellent looking work, and it's a total dealbreaker for me.
Don't worry about it I completely understand, I have the same feeling whenever I see sexualized gore (I think it's called ero-guro) or scat. A complete and total turnoff, but hey, let people like what they like.

Thank you for your kindness and I'm glad that you are liking my work! I hope that the game will be enjoyable for you more in the future, once those options will be added, but at the moment I cannot put too much much focus on them.
Once the fires are extinguished and some new content added I will be adding those alternative gameplay options ad-hoc, similarly to a gallery, alas I cannot give any promises as to when it will be available.

• Red Heart
Reactions: deaddog

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
View attachment 3750578
So I found the settings for that, and the highest setting my headset can go to is 16 bit 48000 Hz, tried swapping it to 44100 and the main menu is still the exact same.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: coretex

Mister Wake

Jan 6, 2019
I really like your work here! I've played it a few times (0.1) hoping to alievate some bugs to see content. But sadly, right now, the bugs are overwhelmingly affecting my ability to enjoy the game. This game can be perfect if they are fixed though! I love the lore and the gameplay thus far!

The problem lay in defeat scenes. When defeated, it bugs the game out, especially around the boss, who regardless if I win or lose, I can't progress... and if the boss defeats her, she is stuck, unable to respawn with negative health.

I've only ever seen the beastmen gameover when running out of hearts. When excited to see more art, I allowed myself to be defeated by the tentacle... which put me back in the tutorial for some reason?
Same with the spike traps.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
I really like your work here! I've played it a few times (0.1) hoping to alievate some bugs to see content. But sadly, right now, the bugs are overwhelmingly affecting my ability to enjoy the game. This game can be perfect if they are fixed though! I love the lore and the gameplay thus far!

The problem lay in defeat scenes. When defeated, it bugs the game out, especially around the boss, who regardless if I win or lose, I can't progress... and if the boss defeats her, she is stuck, unable to respawn with negative health.

I've only ever seen the beastmen gameover when running out of hearts. When excited to see more art, I allowed myself to be defeated by the tentacle... which put me back in the tutorial for some reason?
Same with the spike traps.
Thank you for playing and terribly sorry for the issues that have been caused by the bugs. Been working on the hotfix and got a way more stable build at this point. Will be releasing a public Hotfix soon, maybe today or maybe tomorrow as earlier advertised.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mister Wake

Drakehunt

Mar 27, 2019
Interesting concept and I like the idea of breeding content in this a lot. Needless to say though games in a pretty early state right now, I am slightly disappointed that trying to bait out a scene with the first boss just breaks the game and causes you to fall through the map.

Everything with the like objective steps and like only falling down to trigger a scene after almost dying needs to be reworked or just outright remove. Like for scenes you could do a thing where after being grappled and the scene ends you have the MC be fainted on the ground or something and if you don't get up a nearby enemy/the same one will go for round two. Also all the dialog stuff needs to be skippable from a single button press or a fast forward thing.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
As promised the first hotfix to the game is live!

Please find the changelog below and Enjoy!

- Fixed enemy pathing
- Boss should no longer go underground (and if he does, he should reappear)
- Fixed tentacle encounters
- Spiders now have fangs
- AutoSave system doesn't save in inappropriate moments (boss fights)
- Implemented a few player soft locks (invisible walls) to prevent omitting important quests
- Fixed defeat scenes on death from environment
- Silenced the acid pools, now they should be more pleasant
- Possibly fixed the "E" button is inactive on start (not 100% sure cause I was not able to reproduce that problem)
- Added Unstuck Functionality
- Many more minor fixes

You might want to create a new save to proceed

Always Yours
~WegildDev

Disclaimer:
Currently the following enemies don't have struggle interactions:
- Spider
- Mutated Spawnie (Boss)

There might still be issues concerning audio for some people, Please make sure to report any issues to me, preferentially through Discord.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
This looks genuinely interesting for the future.
I'll probably wait for a second version release so I can get a more fair first impression, but I do approve if those types of games, which I admittedly have absolutely no skill at, have some actual writing.

• Red Heart

sjs3221

Jan 20, 2021
Extremely pleased at how this game is so far, excited for more. Hope the pregnancy system continues, perhaps an animation to signify when she's impregnated with sperm and the ovum.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
Extremely pleased at how this game is so far, excited for more. Hope the pregnancy system continues, perhaps an animation to signify when she's impregnated with sperm and the ovum.
And pregnancy stages ^^ atm the basic systems are cooking, one needs a solid foundation to build upon. But yes, sperm piercing ovum animation is planned for one of the next 3 releases, along with some expansion to the pregnancy area. I will post a roadmap this weekend where all those things will be (more or less) showcased.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes