4.00 star(s) 6 Votes

What would be the next fetish/activity/thing you would like Wegild to do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stellar5682

Aug 17, 2023
For some reason bandages from chests keep disappearing when I trying to use them in inventory. Also my save is ruined 'cause I wanted to go to glitterforest second time after quest but pillar at the end don't want teleport me back, and it automatically saved me there T_T. [it might be that I didn't completed quest fully 'cause I didn't talked to shaman about completing it].
EDIT: k, u can just die and be teleported to ur bed, but still, you also loses items.
There are 2 areas in glitterwald one with the boss and the one with the merchant in it. Which area and which pillar were you refering to? Because there is a hardlock activing the pillar near the boss cave. But if it's the area with the merchant there are multiple pillars you can use to get out and haven't seen many issues with them.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022
So uh.... I'm soft locked in the tutorial again. Same spot and everything as I was in a previous version. I can't get through the door at the end. When I go near it it says I need to kill spawnlings. I kill them all and nothing.

Stellar5682

Aug 17, 2023
So uh.... I'm soft locked in the tutorial again. Same spot and everything as I was in a previous version. I can't get through the door at the end. When I go near it it says I need to kill spawnlings. I kill them all and nothing.
the spawnies across from the gate are the closest ones so if you can't kill enough of them make sure you run around the spawners until they spawn the amount you need to kill till the quest log changes

EDIT: If you really can't seem to get past this gate just make a new game and skip the tutorial. As its not worth worrying about if you understand how to play.

Last edited:

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
Hi there!

I have not yet encountered such an error, after killing 3 spawnies the quest should progress to the next step. Could you send me the save game so I can take a look at it? You can find it in the following directory:
C:\Users\<WindowsUser>\AppData\LocalLow\WegildDev\The Outcast Tribe
There are numbered folders there, folder 0 holds a save for the saveslot 1, 1 for 2 etc, if you are unsure you can also look at the dates
1721627090816.png
The save file is the .game file inside 1721627115564.png

Mar 23, 2022
Hi there!

I have not yet encountered such an error, after killing 3 spawnies the quest should progress to the next step. Could you send me the save game so I can take a look at it? You can find it in the following directory:
C:\Users\<WindowsUser>\AppData\LocalLow\WegildDev\The Outcast Tribe
There are numbered folders there, folder 0 holds a save for the saveslot 1, 1 for 2 etc, if you are unsure you can also look at the dates
View attachment 3855558
The save file is the .game file inside View attachment 3855560
I also might have had a hardlock with one of the pregnancies earlier. It might be a "me" issue so I'm looking into if I can repeat it and what caused it. If I can repeat it or if I find what caused it then I'll post here. I think this is also the save which I bugged.

edit: for some reason it didn't work so I 7 zipped it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: WegildDev
Mar 23, 2022
I think I found the hardlock. If the player is pregnant and rests (thus causing the birth) then they pause before it actually happening. It locks the game when it attemptss to give birth. The steps I found how to do it is get knocked up by monster, I've been using the large humanoid one in glitterfield. Not the red bull like ones the other one with them. Don't get the game over but die in the hole so you are back in base. Skip the talk, quickly rest and quickly rest again (I think the second rest is just a timing thing) then quickly open the pause menu. I've been looking at the womb status so maybe that has something to do with it I'll test some more just incase.

edit: I think just pausing while giving birth is causing it, I just paused it and again it happened.

edit two exact cause: Pausing before giving birth. Don't matter what or how. If the game is paused when wegild get on her knees to give birth it locks the game.

Side things about it. You can still use the save, it just goes to before or after you gave birth depending on how fast you are at closing the game. It also seems to delete all you children in the inventory if you late/slow at closing the game. That or children aren't saved across play sessions which is weird if it's that.

Last edited:

Stellar5682

Aug 17, 2023
I think I found the hardlock. If the player is pregnant and rests (thus causing the birth) then they pause before it actually happening. It locks the game when it attemptss to give birth. The steps I found how to do it is get knocked up by monster, I've been using the large humanoid one in glitterfield. Not the red bull like ones the other one with them. Don't get the game over but die in the hole so you are back in base. Skip the talk, quickly rest and quickly rest again (I think the second rest is just a timing thing) then quickly open the pause menu. I've been looking at the womb status so maybe that has something to do with it I'll test some more just incase.

edit: I think just pausing while giving birth is causing it, I just paused it and again it happened.

edit two exact cause: Pausing before giving birth. Don't matter what or how. If the game is paused when wegild get on her knees to give birth it locks the game.

Side things about it. You can still use the save, it just goes to before or after you gave birth depending on how fast you are at closing the game. It also seems to delete all you children in the inventory if you late/slow at closing the game. That or children aren't saved across play sessions which is weird if it's that.
I would say it's a softlock because you can return to your save file when you respawned.

Note, If you sleep the moment before the birth sequence triggers it also freezes the game in the same way, you don't need to esc you just need time when the screen turns black. What you said in Edit two pretty much sums that tldr up although I haven't seen the menu used to cause the freeze in general so good find.

Whenever I've used the save after quitting it usually goes before wegild gave birth but that might have to do with the sleep freeze consistently stopping at before the birth can start. So I suppose you have some flexibility over the other method if your quitting makes a difference on the menu. Also weird.

Mar 23, 2022
I would say it's a softlock because you can return to your save file when you respawned.

Note, If you sleep the moment before the birth sequence triggers it also freezes the game in the same way, you don't need to esc you just need time when the screen turns black. What you said in Edit two pretty much sums that tldr up although I haven't seen the menu used to cause the freeze in general so good find.

Whenever I've used the save after quitting it usually goes before wegild gave birth but that might have to do with the sleep freeze consistently stopping at before the birth can start. So I suppose you have some flexibility over the other method if your quitting makes a difference on the menu. Also weird.
I think it counts as a hardlock because the game becomes unresponsive. Any bug where it either crashes, freezes or locks the game to a static image is considered a hardlock in my opinion. Save being recoverable or not isn't a factor. Though in this case the player actually loses stuff so it's both? To be fair there isn't exactly a proper term for the two.

I think the interrupting the birth is causing the issue. Using the bed seems to lock the player at when they went to sleep where as my method the code still runs through partly. This might help narrow the issue if it's the same thing. Also I added the inventory bit because it might also help narrow the problem down. For all I know the issue might be adding a child to the inventory, as I don't know the code and haven't seen it I can only speculate. More information about abnormalities with bugs like this helps narrow potential issue.

Stellar5682

Aug 17, 2023
I think it counts as a hardlock because the game becomes unresponsive. Any bug where it either crashes, freezes or locks the game to a static image is considered a hardlock in my opinion. Save being recoverable or not isn't a factor. Though in this case the player actually loses stuff so it's both? To be fair there isn't exactly a proper term for the two.

I think the interrupting the birth is causing the issue. Using the bed seems to lock the player at when they went to sleep where as my method the code still runs through partly. This might help narrow the issue if it's the same thing. Also I added the inventory bit because it might also help narrow the problem down. For all I know the issue might be adding a child to the inventory, as I don't know the code and haven't seen it I can only speculate. More information about abnormalities with bugs like this helps narrow potential issue.
Honestly your probably right about the hardlock word but to me whats a "hard" or soft-lock to me is just how fucked you are and you are completely fine if you can just restart your game and keep playing. Compare that to if you were to lose a quest item that never respawns then you are just fucked. ill just be calling it hard for that reason but its not worth debating

On the menu freeze method worth mentioning the pause menu doesn't really "pause" everything like if you were to fall into a pit then pause after the SFX plays, you still take damage while in the menu and you can see yourself respawn in background if you wait. Might have to do with the "code still runs through partly" so despite freezing it recognizes you gave birth. The dev might already know why menu is causing that issue but its still worth mentioning because its a simmilar bug

Reactions: Throw_AwayPower
Mar 23, 2022
Honestly your probably right about the hardlock word but to me whats a "hard" or soft-lock to me is just how fucked you are and you are completely fine if you can just restart your game and keep playing. Compare that to if you were to lose a quest item that never respawns then you are just fucked. ill just be calling it hard for that reason but its not worth debating

On the menu freeze method worth mentioning the pause menu doesn't really "pause" everything like if you were to fall into a pit then pause after the SFX plays, you still take damage while in the menu and you can see yourself respawn in background if you wait. Might have to do with the "code still runs through partly" so despite freezing it recognizes you gave birth. The dev might already know why menu is causing that issue but its still worth mentioning because its a simmilar bug
I didn't even consider the fact that opening the menu did that. I totally won't abuse it to find more exploits and/or bugs. Nope, no siree, definitely wont break the game more. That was a joke and I will using that knowledge to see if I can break the game more.

• Hey there
Reactions: Stellar5682

ColelossalGuy

Jul 17, 2024
Is there a way to reduce the MC's hearts/lives to 1 somehow by adjusting a data value? So the "game over" scenes can occur faster ergo, more impregnation.

Last edited:

Stellar5682

Aug 17, 2023
I didn't even consider the fact that opening the menu did that. I totally won't abuse it to find more exploits and/or bugs. Nope, no siree, definitely wont break the game more. That was a joke and I will using that knowledge to see if I can break the game more.
Go ahead lmao, but in all seriousness you should consider joining the if you ever plan on sharing more of whatever gamebreaking stuff you could find. Over there is a dedicated channel for bugs the developer checks frequently.
I find using it better than congesting this comment section about glitchy interactions

Draco0xd

Sep 16, 2023
Help! I am stuck. I found the first pillar I am supposed t activate and go inside the cave, I lost to the mutated spawnie, got pregnant, when giving birth the gave bugs, I had to restart it, but now she no longers go inside the cave and the pillar remains unactive. Am I missing something or is it a bug?

Draco0xd

Sep 16, 2023
Go ahead lmao, but in all seriousness you should consider joining the if you ever plan on sharing more of whatever gamebreaking stuff you could find. Over there is a dedicated channel for bugs the developer checks frequently.
I find using it better than congesting this comment section about glitchy interactions
The invitation link doesnt work

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
Hi there Draco!
There is an invitation link in the game + in my main post, which should both work.
Concerning your question, it was reported that if you restart the game during a quest step which involves an item recovery, upon a restart it bugs out and doesn't allow for the quest to proceed. DM me with your save file (which can be found in one of the numbered folders in this location C:\Users\<WindowsUser>\AppData\LocalLow\WegildDev\The Outcast Tribe>

1721799823759.png
1721799832921.png

I can fix the savegame for you, in my current development build the issue is already fixed as well, I will post it publicly next week ^^

Stellar5682

Aug 17, 2023
Help! I am stuck. I found the first pillar I am supposed t activate and go inside the cave, I lost to the mutated spawnie, got pregnant, when giving birth the gave bugs, I had to restart it, but now she no longers go inside the cave and the pillar remains unactive. Am I missing something or is it a bug?
The invitation link doesnt work
Thats my bad i tried copying from the game title screen so you can get it there, but apparently sharing that link only works for me. About that softlock you encountered you'll have to talk to dev or start new game, its a shared issue with the game blocking areas if you didn't finish / have already finished your quest, but it'll be fixed soon.

FunnyMoustacheMen

May 16, 2024
The game could be great if it weren't for some game breaking bugs, such as beign stuck somewhere and can't advance anywhere, E key beign useless half the time, and the last one, this is while not game breaking its certainly annoying, the disappearing loot from chests. Its also could use some options like restart level, loot refill, return home teleport item that would allow us to return home from anywhere, and unlocked gates would remain unlocked and wouldn't mysteriously lock itself again

4.00 star(s) 6 Votes