Ren'Py Abandoned The Outlier [v0.1] [BlueOktavia]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

bomg

May 16, 2017
I hope it's actually his landlady and not his patched-out mom, cuz that'd be boring

Farnuge

Mar 18, 2018
Is he blowing his teacher back out in that 3rd picture or am i tripping? Either way I'm downloading as my interest has been peaked!!!
Its one of those positions that could only happen in fantasy. Somehow he's both putting all his weight on her, and yet none of it.

I get that missionary is boring to some people, but there's a reason its a super common sexual position - the woman lies flat, the man isn't contoured into some position where is awkward or impossible to thrust, and at the same time he doesn't have to put his weight on her (and she doesn't have to support his). Plus, if there's a height difference missionary basically negates that. Even doggy style which is pretty easy and common is awkward if there's not good communication.

Also, based on a real story? Like what? Getting into a coma? Having a teacher? I guess that means basically all stories are based on reality somewhat.

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
Looks great. I hope there will be a family friendly patch.

>Inspired by real-life events
wat

negative1

Jun 5, 2017
I hope it's actually his landlady and not his patched-out mom, cuz that'd be boring
Let me crack open the code and get back to this thread.

Edit: So the script is hard written in with Landlady every time. The dev started out strong with names being defined as variables at the start of the script in a way that would be easy to mod but did not do the same for relationships. Unless they change the relationship to a defined variable any patches would require changing the story by hand every single update instead of just changed the single relationship definition.

Last edited:

blueoktavia

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Looks great. I hope there will be a family friendly patch.
I'd love to spread the game to a wider audience, but I think that'll be pretty difficult to code without breaking the entire game. Not dismissing the possibility though.
>Inspired by real-life events
wat
It means that the story is somewhat grounded in reality. It's really just based on one of those "what if" scenarios.

negative1

Jun 5, 2017
I'd love to spread the game to a wider audience, but I think that'll be pretty difficult to code without breaking the entire game. Not dismissing the possibility though.
Outside of a few lines I saw at the start it looks like you could very easily create a few relationship variables to insert into conversations instead of just typing out the names on your own every time.

blueoktavia

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Outside of a few lines I saw at the start it looks like you could very easily create a few relationship variables to insert into conversations instead of just typing out the names on your own every time.
Oh I thought he meant a "family friendly" patch...nevermind.

• Haha
Reactions: Grelk

negative1

Jun 5, 2017
Oh I thought he meant a "family friendly" patch...nevermind.
That is what I was talking about too, you could have definitions requested for input using a similar line to what defines the MC name at the start. Just ask how Megan is related to you, (Default: Landlady)and let the user decide. If you are planning on doing something like that now is the time to start it before you get too far into a different direction.

Reactions: pantene

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
I saw in the script that doctor tells MC he might be changed in hospital when he was baby but that scene didn't show in the game.

pecard255

Mar 28, 2020
I bet most people don't know what an Outlier is. I guessing she is a statistics professor. Looking forward to trying the game/VN.

Bond0788

Apr 28, 2020
This game looks promising, will be keeping an eye on it. Only thing I would suggest would be to add a warning that it's the end so the player can start a save. Other than that, not bad for a 0.1 in my opinion

Jan 15, 2019
That is what I was talking about too, you could have definitions requested for input using a similar line to what defines the MC name at the start. Just ask how Megan is related to you, (Default: Landlady)and let the user decide. If you are planning on doing something like that now is the time to start it before you get too far into a different direction.
Please do this, personally I just find the term "landlady" as totally awkward. How many people actually live like this with a "landlady"? Is this common practice and I'm just unaware of it?

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes