3.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Yekram69

Nov 23, 2018
Someone ake a fan version or mod so we can have more blacksmith orc. I will die if he takes a break for a year or more. I need my orcs. ;m; We orc lovers beg of you. Feel free to dm me if you have any mods with more content. Or have him make a Patreon goal for him to restart work on it immediately. I would have all my friends pledge for that. There are legit no good orc games with a small firm orc like the blacksmith.

Last edited:

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
Not to be that party popper, but dunno ppl.

I've seen three things that might suggest this game was just dropped:
  • Creator has an active twitter account and seems to be doing other projects, comissions and so on
  • 1st post that links to a patreon account that isn't same one advertised their twitter
  • Their last post at the 1st patreon is on Dec 2020; their last post on the one linked on twitter is... from yesterday

Not hard evidence per se, but IMHO, it seems the creator started a new patreon account to distance themselves from the game.

Hawkie

Sep 17, 2017
So a FYI if you flip thu his Social areas, The SSD that the game was stored on went dead on him and well he dos not clearly state what was lost its clear he lost all the main artwork for the game. He states that he is putting it down since he dos not want to redo all that art

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
31st of Dec 2020 said:

Updates of Pale Orc have really halted. Few month ago I've lost most of my work files in an SSD crash.
Remaking same art assets for the second time is super boring. I'm on bit of a rough patch in my personal life as well, and it's difficult to find motivation to continue development.

I was aiming to complete The Pale Orc by the end of spring 2021, and could have, but dropped the ball. I need to rest from the project for a little while.

I'm not canceling The Pale Orc, just laying it off for some time. It sucks to not finishing something I started, but I won't fight through frustration to complete it. Development is my hobby, and I'm not having fun.

I'm already working on a little side visual novel set in the same fantasy universe. It will have different main characters and a shorter story.
I'm finishing up the main cast and will be presenting the moon.
Thank you for your support. Have a good 2021
Why in the world would he need to redraw everything?
It's a RenPy game, even I can rip the assets and the code easily, there's no need to remake anything.

Unless it's stuff like .psd files and artwork that was made for the future versions of the game.
Doubt they made that many new things.

Point is, you can recover assets from the game once it's already built, there's no need to remake everything from scratch if you lose the source files.

I'm thinking the project was a lot more effort than it was worth.

I mean, FFS, the artist alone has more patrons on his personal account than the game ever had, in a much shorter timeframe.
Don't even get me started on the programmer.

It's a shame, but nothing we can do if the dev doesn't want to work on the project.

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
FUUUUUUUCK im was wondering where this game had gotten to so i went looking for it ( forgetting the name probably didn't help ) just to find out its bin abandoned come on this was a really good game with great art and story delay it put it on hold but don't straight up cancel it from what i read from the dev's update he MIGHT come back to it but this is a kick in the balls to hear

nonospot

May 15, 2020
Just a post to add to the epitaph, it was a nice game, with really nice drawings and funny dialogs too, hope to see a new one like this.
It worked great on joiplay too. For those who could run into it now, but would pass for it's "abandoned" status, give it a try!

DanglyBang

May 10, 2018
Just a post to add to the epitaph, it was a nice game, with really nice drawings and funny dialogs too, hope to see a new one like this.
It worked great on joiplay too. For those who could run into it now, but would pass for it's "abandoned" status, give it a try!
If nothing else, the artist was given credit and pointed towards in the original post, so any competent writer and programmer here who wants this quality of art and particular art direction, and to revive a similar story and thematic, the artist is free to employ currently I believe.

3.80 star(s) 10 Votes