VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Professor Chapter II - The Black Hand [v2.0] [Pixieblink]

3.70 star(s) 13 Votes

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
We can discuss this if you like - there's a lot of dynamite in there :)

a) If I seem upset, dissatisfied or even angry here, it's not so much because of general dissatisfaction but frustration, disappointment. I had gotten into the game very late and had really fallen in love with the ideas, characters and story and was so excited to see what would happen next. And then? Nothing more...

b) To deal with ONE SINGLE unfinished game doesn't affect me in any way :)

c) Unfortunately it has become the "standard": Unfinished, canceled, forgotten, whatever games are now almost a dime a dozen. It's a shame....

d) In the almost infinite amount of games, there are very few good and original games. Unfortunately, this does not apply to the majority. (Incomplete, hardly any contact with developers, no response to ideas, error messages, etc.). But all the authors of these games (and here I am explicitly NOT addressing you) seem to think they are miracle programmers and gifted game authors, whose primary goal is to ask for money on Patreon first, before you get even a single info about the game...

e) Because of my age I have a lot of time and little money. That's why I use the small contribution I spend on the game very precisely. (You learn too ;):
These are currently only games that have been regularly developed for over 18 months and it is also foreseeable that the developers are full of conviction behind this, their only baby.

f) I don't watch much TV, but many series. Via streaming portals. This is the very first time I have experienced this annoying topic: Maybe someone still knows "Kyle XY"? Was discontinued in the middle of the third season after the midseason break. Meanwhile: If a series isn't set up for only one season from the start, I don't watch it until there are at least two seasons complete.

g) I also like to read and of course have the disappointment of "Game of Thrones" or the Stieg Larson series behind me. But just because there are unpleasant examples in literature, movies and series, I don't have to think it's great when a great game is discontinued?

:)
That's fine. But you also have to take a look at the other side of the coin.

As much fun as it is to create VN's, it's also a LOT of work and expensive.
As a dev sometimes you have to realize that the game just isn't worth the candle.

Pun intended.

And on top of everything else, the Prof is now what? 4? 5 years old?
The graphics and animations are VERY dated, I could do so much better now.

So - regretfully - the time has come to move on to other projects.

Glad you enjoyed it, and you should try out A FATHER'S SINS. It's a VERY different kind of game, you make like it.

What the hell, you can download it here for FREE.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
That's fine. But you also have to take a look at the other side of the coin.

As much fun as it is to create VN's, it's also a LOT of work and expensive.
As a dev sometimes you have to realize that the game just isn't worth the candle.

Pun intended.

And on top of everything else, the Prof is now what? 4? 5 years old?
The graphics and animations are VERY dated, I could do so much better now.

So - regretfully - the time has come to move on to other projects.

Glad you enjoyed it, and you should try out A FATHER'S SINS. It's a VERY different kind of game, you make like it.

What the hell, you can download it here for FREE.
And. Who knows. You might get it in you to completely redo The Professor with updated graphics and everything. Maybe not. But we never know. I hate that part 2 got abandoned. But I understand, seen it happen before. Like I say, though. I never put too much faith in the abandoned for life thought. Look at the game Gates Motel. It was abandoned for almost 2 years, then, all of a sudden, an update happened at the beginning of this year! So, we never know! Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see what happens next on A Father's Sins.

Last edited:

Vicky Sidhu

May 31, 2022
you should try out A FATHER'S SINS. It's a VERY different kind of game, you make like it.
yea no thanks, i don't like dev's who leave their work in middle just because they think it might be outdated without even considering about people who waited for so long or caring how much time they have spent playing their previous games but in the end the players only find out the game was canceled/abandoned because dev has started another project and they think that their other project is too "old" to waste their time or money on it.:mad:

i am honesty not sure about other people but i have been waiting for the professor's story to finish for years and i only got disappointed in the end, also what is the guarantee that you won't feel the same about your new project or projects in an year or two? so no thank you, i think i had enough of your games and i would love to not touch any games created by you anymore...:cautious:

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 13 Votes