• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py The Promise We Made [v0.3] [AdultSpice]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

AdultSpice

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2023
I like the planned tags.

And judging by the characters on the OP pic, "old and young" is gonna be a very prevalent theme.
Yeah, I didn't mean to include this many old people. I had planned for the fat guy to be the MC's dad, but I didn't like it so I made a new dad. However I plan on adding more characters in future updates female ones and young male ones.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Ended up trying out the game and it seems to follow the EvaKiss formula (which can be a great thing if done as as she does).
Remember to allow the player to choose what they want to happen.
This is super important for the formula, though, and this game lacking choices in such a plot-heavy chapter as the prologue makes me a bit pessimistic, as these are the thing that gives GGGB or ORS its main flavor. And I know this is a different game from a different developer but the game is so similar visually and in theme that it's impossible not to compare them. We can't choose how the MC treats her failure of a dad(who, btw, does not look like a 50yo that has been depressed for 4 years AT ALL) or a weird coworker, we can't choose how she deals with the rude stranger, we can't even choose if she fucks her BF!
Now, this is just a very early version and the Dev addresses the lack of choices, but it seems like that's how it will work even after future updates, that choices will just show up on future scenes and events after the prologue. Makes me think the stories might end up being linear and with little to no nuance, which would suck.

Last edited:

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
Yeah, I didn't mean to include this many old people. I had planned for the fat guy to be the MC's dad, but I didn't like it so I made a new dad. However I plan on adding more characters in future updates female ones and young male ones.
I wasn't complaining, by the way. It's a theme I enjoy which is not explored much(or as much as I'd like) in adult games.

Eva Kiss did it very well on her/his/their first game. If that's your main inspiration, you're on the right path.

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
NO!!! this is mistake!!! This is FEMALE game, Bronte sisters and auther never create more npc, girl chois one of two or tree guys, and live romance relationships! Girls not boys!!! She not want many boys, she want BEST boy!!!

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
You have all orchestration , all characters wee need. Just... create relationship.

randombanana

Sep 19, 2018
Mostly on a corruption route, but I'm interested in what you mean. Like approaching this as a kind man and trying to win her heart, kind of romance?
Well usually this sort of thing is always a corrupt based "romance" but I think another angle you could take would be that as an option maybe the fat man comes to care about the MC over time and realises he wants more than just a fun time. If you feel like that could fit into your story ofc.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Losersriot

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
Well usually this sort of thing is always a corrupt based "romance" but I think another angle you could take would be that as an option maybe the fat man comes to care about the MC over time and realises he wants more than just a fun time. If you feel like that could fit into your story ofc.
That right, right, right!!!

AdultSpice

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2023
Ended up trying out the game and it seems to follow the EvaKiss formula (which can be a great thing if done as well or better than she does).

This is super important for the formula, though, and this game lacking choices in such a plot-heavy chapter as the prologue makes me a bit pessimistic, as these are the thing that gives GGGB or ORS its main flavor. And I know this is a different game from a different developer but the game is so similar visually and in theme that it's impossible not to compare them. We can't choose how the MC treats her failure of a dad(who, btw, does not look like a 50yo that has been depressed for 4 years AT ALL) or a weird coworker, we can't choose how she deals with the rude stranger, we can't even choose if she fucks her BF!
Now, this is just a very early version and the Dev addresses the lack of choices, but it seems like that's how it will work even after future updates, that choices will just show up on future scenes and events after the prologue. Makes me think the stories might end up being linear and with little to no nuance, which would suck.
I understand what you've said, and I take it into consideration when making the game I've changed how I want the game to be many times, and I think you're right. I'm trying to make a game like GGGB that had simpler choices than the current game ORS. That's what I like about this forum because you guys make suggestions and give me ideas for improving the game. In the beginning, I had in mind more of a "pick your poison" dating sim where she would choose who she spends her time with and get corrupted in a more linear way. But you're right, I hear you, and I will do what I can to improve the game thank you.

AdultSpice

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2023
I wasn't complaining, by the way. It's a theme I enjoy which is not explored much(or as much as I'd like) in adult games.

Eva Kiss did it very well on her/his/their first game. If that's your main inspiration, you're on the right path.
I like that theme too but I thought that for a prologue it had more than enough but glad that you prove me wrong thanks

Oh yeah, for sure. I had that in my mind also, but to be honest with you the fat guy was added last minute. He was originally going to be the father, but I changed my mind. So I have many ideas for this one but yeah, that's how I wanted him too. I think that all characters will have a good and a bad route. We'll see in the future.

MadAng

Jan 4, 2023
Thanks for sharing! The game has potential. The character sprites are nice, and the erotic art is simple but effective. I would strongly suggest the developer rework the AI-generated backgrounds; I found the faceless legs-back-to-front people and gibberish signage very distracting and unintentionally funny. Good Girl Gone Bad did it well with real photos (using simple art filters and blurs). The sex scenes are OK if basic but I’ll wait till there’s more of them to comment properly. Good luck with the game.

rigoberto2020

Jan 19, 2020
Will it be possible, down the line, to play this where you more or less get to choose who you hook up with? Like, I'm not into blackmail, so would I have the option to choose if the main character falls for/engages in the blackmail or not? It could be another kink here instead of blackmail; it doesn't really matter. I do like corruption games but prefer the ones where the player themselves retain their agency to engage in the content they prefer vs. taking on the character's level of agency themselves (which, often, in these games, is very little), if that makes sense.

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes