RPGM The Proteus Effect [v10.3] [Proxxie]

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hi, it's so great to play this game and thanks a ton for providing this. But... it seems you haven't updated yet :( The latest version is 0.9.5 whereas this thread only is upto 0.9.2. (this version is already outdated by 6 months). Kindly check this thread? I had wanted to play the latest VERSION!!!
Where precisely are you finding a more updated version than this one? And is it possible the 9.5 version was just a playtest version that wasn't even meant to be released? From what I remember (and it's vague just due to how long it has been lol), the released updates were in full numbers and not just decimals.

NM: just saw the last post.

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
New post

<Writing is hard, I'm gonna have to rewrite a lot. Whatever idea you had about how long it should take, please extend it in your mind. Here are some images of how my writing application looks.>

Fun times.

Reactions: Anonymousity

Janice Davis

Sep 27, 2020
Is there any way to skip the rock bomb dungeon? It IS frustratingly long and difficult, but the main reason is that once I get to this point, when I pull the levers, all I get is a buzzing sound (no bombs). It is too bad, because I WAS enjoying the game, but I will have to quit if I can't get past this.

chuckace

Dec 10, 2018
Has anyone ever tried playing this with joi play app on Android? I am computer-less at the moment and tried playing this game on joi play and it worked great.... once... it won't let me load my save. It will let you start as many new games as you want but you can't load a saved game.
Frustrated

Reactions: N1rox98
Mar 14, 2018
I lost my save file a while back, is there any way to skip through content? This game is fairly long and I don't want to spend multiple hours getting back to where I was previously to see new content.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I lost my save file a while back, is there any way to skip through content? This game is fairly long and I don't want to spend multiple hours getting back to where I was previously to see new content.
It's actually pretty linear, from what I remember. If I still had my old save I'd give ya one. But, honestly, I feel as if the game is dead, and if it isn't, it may be likely I'll start over anyway, just to remind myself of the storyline, cause it'll probably be another year or two..or 5. lol

bloodcorn

Apr 9, 2018
it's not dead proxxie updated august 4th Val's-Revenge-2-v3.jpg it seems like there is going to be another three way with val.

also rustyv any chance you could either make or put up the gif's you made from the game?

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
it's not dead proxxie updated august 4th View attachment 1345371 it seems like there is going to be another three way with val.

also rustyv any chance you could either make or put up the gif's you made from the game?
Updated his Patreon with a new post, or updated the game? I see devs post continuously, some for ages, and never actually release a game update. Not that proxxie is doing that...but, after years of watching so many devs string people along, I stay cautious and curious. And considering how long other devs took at times, even 8 months wait isn't all that bad, considering I watched games go a year to nearly 2 years without an update lol. But, it's nearing a year for this one.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I don't get the point of that page. It's a link taking me back to this page, or another link the the Patreon page. Is it solely for letting us know the next update is coming? Can't that be done here? lol
I'm confused.
It is a request thread, asking for someone to leak the new patches of the game (this website prefers that the game discussion threads do not be flooded with requests for a new update instead of game discussion).

But also from what I gather, the new updates Proxxie has been releasing to his patrons are just technical updates where they are trying things like new lighting, some rewrites, and code changes. I don't believe there is any real new content yet so I don't expect anyone to leak new updates until it is a major one with new content.

Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Version 0.9.6 seems to be out?

Supposedly, it's just a bugfix or test version with new lighting ideas and code changes (see comment above yours). Would be cool if it's a new story update, but if I remember correctly, going off of past updates, the ones with new story are generally 0.6.2, 0.7.2, 0.8.2, 0.9.2 etc, and the next update with new story will likely be 0.10.2 or something similar.
Just a guess
Also, not sure I can wait 7+ hours for a slow download. May just wait a while. lol

Reactions: Futanari-CumSlut

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
I really lack the motivation to keep close track of Proxxie nowadays.

His last update took 14-15 months or some such, for which he profusely apologized and promised to do better and get back to his previous schedule of 3 months (for the third time), yet this update is already something like 10-11 months in, and he's apparently been banning anyone who even asks about progress.

I see absolutely no reason to believe that he will ever get any better at this, but I unfortunately have faith that an update will come eventually, only that these updates will take longer and longer each time until he abandons the project or has a psychotic break.

You'll probably get 2-3 more updates to this rpg maker game over the next 5 years.
Whatever that means to you, it's the most likely story.

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Heh.. I thought this was abandoned already. I really liked this one in the beginning, but to start over again... yeah nah, the bomb map and ever expanding world that added nothing thoroughly killed all my will to replay it.

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
Good Lord.. that still goin'?
Amazing. I met puberty playing this game.
:coffee:

Wouldn't hurt to update that description and those promo pics thou.. I mean, the game must be miles away from that by now

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes