RPGM The Proteus Effect [v10.3] [Proxxie]

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
how do you search in the thread. Do tell me I am very new
A little more specific....
At the top right of the page, type in the search box what you want to search, then make sure to select "this thread" from the drop down box. You can use the drop down to search just the thread or the entire site.

Atourq

Nov 21, 2017
Writers block and a, what was it 15 month? update will do that.

Any and all characterization he hoped to artfully weave into the many numerous scenarios these people were supposed to have found themselves in, instead became each one getting a text dump about every aspect of their identity at the dance club.

A horrible shame, and one he recognized, but he'll need to do more rewriting if he wants any of these characters to reveal themselves or grow in a more natural way.

Hopefully now that he's "got the poison out" so to speak he'll be able to write like he used to.
Can you elaborate this "poison" you speak of?

Reactions: FookU2

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
New Patreon progress post summary:

--
I decided to both learn how to use and implement blender art this time, I decided to limit myself to porting Emily but still this ate up "insert ambiguous amount of time".

Also I'm building a computer right now and boy oh boy does that also take up some amount of time. Also Covid has affected this and made it take up much more time. So if you have an idea of how much time this takes, get a new one because rest assured this still isn't done and is still taking up time.

Also Also, writing my script in RPGmaker itself is uncomfortable, I'm now using a writing program called Scrivener. I have hopefully formatted it so that I can get my scripts into RPGmaker easily. It will probably work just fine, but you better be damn well certain I've got a third bullet in the chamber of excuses to not have this out anytime soon.
--

So, what are we thinking this time? It's already been about six months, so double the time he just quintupled down on promising to release updates to his rpgmaker game, I'm guessing if he """""rushes""""" he can have it out 8 months from his last update.

Fingers crossed for a July release.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Also I'm building a computer right now and boy oh boy does that also take up some amount of time. Also Covid has affected this and made it take up much more time. So if you have an idea of how much time this takes, get a new one because rest assured this still isn't done and is still taking up time.
What? He is either technologically illiterate, retarded or just thinking of random excuses.

You select the cpu (AMD in this case, for work and anything else too with Ryzen 5), get a matching mobo with desired features, a graphic card (preferably Nvidia for both gaming and work) and fill the rest of the system, what is there to take up his time? The only limiting factors are money which he got covered and availability which is not up to him and there is no time taken by that as he can't really do anything about it.

If you are on a tight budget it really might take weeks to just find the parts you want, but if you are building a workstation that will improve your workflow it's a no-brainer.

What a joke.

Reactions: HenWen and hr17

Bloep

Sep 2, 2020
What? He is either technologically illiterate, retarded or just thinking of random excuses.

You select the cpu (AMD in this case, for work and anything else too with Ryzen 5), get a matching mobo with desired features, a graphic card (preferably Nvidia for both gaming and work) and fill the rest of the system, what is there to take up his time? The only limiting factors are money which he got covered and availability which is not up to him and there is no time taken by that as he can't really do anything about it.

If you are on a tight budget it really might take weeks to just find the parts you want, but if you are building a workstation that will improve your workflow it's a no-brainer.

What a joke.
He should just hire someone to build the computer with the parts you yourself select. They then ship it over to you, and then all you need to do is plug the computer in. Easy and fast, though more expensive.

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
He should just hire someone to build the computer with the parts you yourself select. They then ship it over to you, and then all you need to do is plug the computer in. Easy and fast, though more expensive.
Nah apparently some part is scarce, he isn't struggling to put it together or anything. (for now)

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
New progress post.

<Can't decide on a character's hairstyle, also writing still involves a lot of writing. No progress I feel is worth mentioning sorry.>

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3181120

At the chickens and frogs challenge.
I saw it was not a turn based challenge.
I am too old to play twitch games, and this interface is hard enough as it is.
I quit. I wish you all the luck.

Reactions: Wooloomooloo

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
At the chickens and frogs challenge.
I saw it was not a turn based challenge.
I am too old to play twitch games, and this interface is hard enough as it is.
I quit. I wish you all the luck.
Just get a completed save. (search save in this thread) The game's good and worth more than a frustration quit from a bad minigame.

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
New giant progress post, the summary is as follows.

<Still can't decide on the oracle's hair. Still polishing Val's hair in blender. Finished building my computer, it's fast but it makes a funny whirring noise so I got distracted trying to fix it.>

Also some guy named Garl something who asked about quests had their comment mysteriously disappear.
If he doesn't comment on any other posts I'm going to assume he was just silently banned on the dot for "stressing" Proxxie out by speaking about it for some reason. Can't imagine why... ;)

flachelence

Jan 5, 2019
New giant progress post, the summary is as follows.

<Still can't decide on the oracle's hair. Still polishing Val's hair in blender. Finished building my computer, it's fast but it makes a funny whirring noise so I got distracted trying to fix it.>

Also some guy named Garl something who asked about quests had their comment mysteriously disappear.
If he doesn't comment on any other posts I'm going to assume he was just silently banned on the dot for "stressing" Proxxie out by speaking about it for some reason. Can't imagine why... ;)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, thanks for keeping the thread updated with the patreon news. But no wonder he releases updates once every millennium if it's been two weeks since the last progress report and he still can't pick a damn hairstye.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
At this point hand off the character duf files and let someone who can be productive develop this VN.

Reactions: Parthornax

gamer012345

Jun 12, 2020
Hi, it's so great to play this game and thanks a ton for providing this. But... it seems you haven't updated yet :( The latest version is 0.9.5 whereas this thread only is upto 0.9.2. (this version is already outdated by 6 months). Kindly check this thread? I had wanted to play the latest VERSION!!!

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
New post

It's just a giant wall of text that communicates all and only that he wants people to test 3 different versions of the 0.9.5 patch.
One is the standard. One has the new lighting removed. Another has the new lighting and the new engine upgrades removed.

No other news.

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes