RPGM The Proteus Effect [v10.3] [Proxxie]

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes

agerid

Mar 22, 2019
how do i beat Dranax or does someone have a save before i ended up saving right before the fight and now it automatic starts the fight and i think i have the wrong gear on. and when the band ress me the game just freezes

Swapper69

Mar 22, 2020
Is there a gallery cause I lost all my saves and do not want to play the hole game again. Good game tho not really have the time to do so

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
New post from Proxxie.

No longer doing the port to the newer rpgmaker because the benefits can be achieved without doing so and it means he will not have control over the codebase. Dunno what that means, but hopefully the lack of an engine port means this update can be sub 6 months in the making.

The rest I'll just copy paste.

All right, back to the new information! I've tentatively settled on what content to include in 0.10, and here's what it's going to look like:

Quests:

• The Hell's quest (name TBD): Alex has to try to convince The Hell to help him/her with the dragon. Likely to be long.
  • The Seer's Tower: Quest to go ask The Oracle about that strange hooded guy from Cape Hope.
  • Another quest: I don't want to share what this one is about yet. Might be a little long, but not as long as The Hell's quest.
H-Scenes:

• One scene, but I'm not going to reveal what it's about yet :) It might be the first scene I do in Blender (Blender would be really nice for this scene,) but that's still up in the air at this point.
Features:

• Relationship plugin: This isn't something that you'll see as a player, but I'll probably be writing a plugin that lets me get more nuance on Alex's relationship with the various characters. This will make it easier to write scenes/dialogues/plot branches that make more sense and are more expressive of your relationship with them.
Others:

• More Nightclub: I'll be adding more dialogue (and a couple of other things) to the nightclub, and probably the ability to invite more than one Bunny at a time. I might add the ability to invite non-Bunnies, but that may have to wait for a later release.
I think that's enough for a release that I hope to get out in a reasonable span of time. I'm already working on The Hell's quest, though it's still in the "planning everything out" stage. This week I plan to finish up the planning and start working on actual writing! I also hope to get out 0.9.3, which will incorporate the engine upgrades from the test build, as well as bugfixes for everything I'm currently aware of (which is quite a long list!) Well, that's all I have for now. Thank you for your support!

Reactions: wulfhaz

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018
Maybe someone can help me out here, I don't have access to a pc that often, so any games I find that I like, as long as they're renpy or RPGM, I tend to port to android so I can play them on my tablet. I've done this with many, many games.
Now, I tried doing it with this game, cause the only android versions I can find are old versions of the game. But when I choose new game from the main menu, it just goes to a black screen and that's it, it never moves on.

But the android copies of older versions that I found made by other people work find, so I don't get it...

xdggnore

Jul 17, 2020
How to unlock these 4 scenes:

Apparently the right most one for the bunnies, next to the Val scenes is Ana and Alex and you feed them both coffees and sleep, and I know I've done that and it just doesn't ever pop.

UnlockScenes.png

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018
WELP! After performing some editing to the coding, a very small amount, I got a apk of v0.9.2 to work :D Yay! :D

Small bit of forewarning, in order to perform certain things in the game you'll need to connect a keyboard to your tablet. Thankfully I have a tiny pocket keyboard to do that with. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Boyim

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
if your taking requests for the game add a bad slave ending having the mc be trapped forever
The dev would have to actually be around to take requests. lol
If we EVER get a new update within the next decade, I'd be entertained by whatever is in the update, as long as it was enough to justify the long wait.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
anyone have endgame saves because I wiped my pc and forgot to save to a external drive?
I've had 2 computers since the last time I played this game. Would help ya if I could. I was actually gonna wait till another update came out before asking the same thing lol.

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
Saves get posted all the time, I wish the OP was updated with proxxie's saves he released last patch, but barring that people just need to search the word "save" in this forum and bob's your uncle.

Reactions: FookU2
3.70 star(s) 36 Votes