The Rape isn't a sexual category..

Status
Not open for further replies.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
So you have to understand: A game in which the objective is to drive very fast and outrun the police cars chasing is not an invitation to do the same on the street in front of your house. The game is a safe way to experience this fantasy.
While reading your list, a name crossed my mind, Grand Thief Auto. A game where, globally, you'll be a bad guy trying to be the best bad guy in town by doing only bad things, obviously check many boxes on the "hey, this isn't legal in real life" list. Yet it's a success that have had five different releases over the times, and a good illustration of what you said.
It's not because someone is in front of his computer/console, dreaming that he's a creeds or a bloods leader, that, once the computer/console turned off, he'll be on the streets trying to join a gang ; there isn't of new gang members because of GTA V.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
Yet it's a success that have had five different releases over the times, and a good illustration of what you said.
It is, but it's also a good illustration of why threads like this exist. Anytime a big game comes out that contains enough violence or sexual themes, normies throw a "won't anybody think of the children" fit, because they wrongly assume that playing games like that will lead you to emulate such behaviors in real life. Also, does nobody remember the GTA 5 "virtual rape" controversy?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] normies throw a "won't anybody think of the children" fit, [...]
It's what amaze me every time, they start a controversy that they totally made up. Of course that someone thought of the children, it's why the game is rated 18+ or equivalent. It's not the fault of the game if the stupid soccer mom that live next door bought it for her 10yo son.
They pass most of their time fighting for more and more rating, but once they have it imposed, they don't care to look at them ; 18+ rating isn't something magical that will make products disappear to the eyes of everyone that is less than 18yo.

And the same apply here. The forum, as well as the games, are for people of legal age in their country, so we are supposed to all be over 18. If at this age you don't know that rape is a bad thing and that you shouldn't do it in real life, it's not banning rapes from all games that will make you realize it.
In fact it's the opposite. If you haven't realize it yet, the fact to have to witness it, even if it's fictionally, will perhaps let you uncomfortable, and then help you understand that it's effectively no good. And if it don't, then it will change nothing to what you are...

dolantin

Jun 6, 2017
yes thanks annemyous. i dont want banned rape or another games. should be all free. i want just make rape word is non-normalization..

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
yes thanks annemyous. i dont want banned rape or another games. should be all free. i want just make rape word is non-normalization..
It is a fantasy/fetish or kink in games and it has to be tagged for 2 reasons.

1: People who like this fantasy.
2: People who hate this fantasy.

People will flood threats with complains if things like this aren't tag so they can avoid it.

215303j

Oh fuck!!! That video taught me that hackers and modders are the same thing! But my mom said that hackers are really bad people! But here there are lot of people who have this shiny green tag which says Modder! I'm really fucked now! Please guys, I'm sorry for everything I said! Please don't hack me! Or tell my mom! Please!!!

(PS please also don't shoot me in my tiny little prick, I may need it sometime)

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
Oh fuck!!! That video taught me that hackers and modders are the same thing! But my mom said that hackers are really bad people! But here there are lot of people who have this shiny green tag which says Modder!
So that's why Maim Lain was banned from Patreon, it all comes full circle.

• Haha
Reactions: 215303j

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I'm leaving a reminder here -

Remember to keep your comments respectful even if you're joking. And resist the urge to troll anyone. This is a "hot button" issue where people are generally against this in real life and it stirs up some strong reactions in many people. Be aware of that.

I see the points here and there's really no "bad or wrong" side to this because most of views presented here fall into 2 perspectives:
1 - Rape is horrible and should never be "normalized"
2 - This is a fantasy and a valid fetish since some participants enjoy the power play involved.

IMO, both perspectives are correct. Nobody's wrong there. The concern some people have is the gray area or the "slippery slope" as mentioned above me. I could go into details and explain it fully but it'll be a TL;DR lecture nobody's got time to read. What I will say is that those who might commit the crime wouldn't have committed it because of the game, they were going to do it anyways. Now, for those who are highly impressionable and have trouble separating reality from fantasy, they generally have a hidden or diagnosed mental issue. And it's the mental issue itself leading to the behavior, not the content. Also, I've noticed that male-dominated societies tend to have a more relaxed attitude towards rape in their media and that is a societal issue. Which is not easy to change- it takes decades of commitment and constant activism with an eye on gaining absolute majority in your respective culture and that might lead to lives lost, among other things. So for your own area, it's on you, not the forum here.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Oh fuck!!! That video taught me that hackers and modders are the same thing! But my mom said that hackers are really bad people! But here there are lot of people who have this shiny green tag which says Modder! I'm really fucked now! Please guys, I'm sorry for everything I said! Please don't hack me! Or tell my mom! Please!!!

you better watch your virtual ass

dolantin

Jun 6, 2017
thanks a lot dear admin. that you cleared what i want say.. sorry for my english

I see the points here and there's really no "bad or wrong" side to this because most of views presented here fall into 2 perspectives:
1 - Rape is horrible and should never be "normalized"
2 - This is a fantasy and a valid fetish since some participants enjoy the power play involved.

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018

Modders, hackers and piraters are all cunts and the scum of the earth.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.