PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Abandoned? What the actual FUCK????????????

DUDE!!! The intro/prologue showed potential but v0.02 was through the roof amazing!!! What an awesome revamp!!! You went from a 3 out of 5 star prologue with some promise to a 5 out of 5 next update that totally blew my fucking mind then just drop the whole fucking project like a hot rock??? There better be a damned good reason, that's all I can say. The Relic as of v0.02 was not just a 5 out of 5 but destined for potential top ten AVN of all time!!!

Now... if you are having a family crisis... I totally get it. Family comes first, always. But, if you need cash to help with that family crisis then you had your meal ticket here with this AVN! This 0.02 update was AMAZING!!! You reworked and removed the lame gags from the prologue then kicked into high gear for episode/chapter one!

Marniz... I hope you are well, my friend. I hope your family is well too. I also hope that you will seriously consider picking up The Relic again and seeing it through to completion. There are mean, vicious, ugly folks here in these forums that enjoy tearing devs down. That is an unfortunate reality here. However, you do have loyal fans here that love your work as well. Honestly, after just seeing the first part of 0.02 I was ready to follow you for the full ride! So again, I hope that you can overcome whatever struggles caused you to abandon this project and return to endure and press on to completion.

Okay... enough begging but please at least consider finishing this title...

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Wow! Glad I stopped playing this before I'd finished what was available. Devs "dropping" games like hot potatoes...

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
This is a real downer for me. I tend to separate sci-fi games into those involving actual space flight (like this one, Callisto, 3001 etc.) and those that have a sci-fi/dystopian setting (Cyberlinxxx, Chrome Lifelines etc.). I like both but the former is easily my favourite genre. I can count on one hand the number of good VNs that fall into the first category...and now this :cry:.

Anyone one have an idea on why he abandoned the game? The last line on that Patreon screenshot looks a bit 'conditional'.

Edit: Closed his Twitter account.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
This is a real downer for me. I tend to separate sci-fi games into those involving actual space flight (like this one, Callisto, 3001 etc.) and those that have a sci-fi/dystopian setting (Cyberlinxxx, Chrome Lifelines etc.). I like both but the former is easily my favourite genre. I can count on one hand the number of good VNs that fall into the first category...and now this :cry:.

Anyone one have an idea on why he abandoned the game? The last line on that Patreon screenshot looks a bit 'conditional'.

Edit: Closed his Twitter account.
You and I both, my friend. Going to miss this and hope that once the dev resolves whatever crisis caused him to abandon this project that he returns to complete the intriguing story.

Adventure ever on, Phat:alien:(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hornyowl

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
Oh wow. I came to see what the deal was with the LT. coming back to life only to see the game is dead. Was an interesting game, but at least he told everyone he was out instead of just disappearing.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Wow. That seems to be a rather abrupt ending of a game which had obviously put a lot of thought in it.
Why would you work so hard on something, make it technically impressive, visually stunning and funny with an interesting story for an erotic VN and then abandon the project after half a year?

I hope it had nothing to do with people attacking him over the rape scene, because they don't understand shit all about story-telling.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Wow. That seems to be a rather abrupt ending of a game which had obviously put a lot of thought in it.
Why would you work so hard on something, make it technically impressive, visually stunning and funny with an interesting story for an erotic VN and then abandon the project after half a year?

I hope it had nothing to do with people attacking him over the rape scene, because they don't understand shit all about story-telling.
I agree, my friend. The update released, the bullshit ensued, the dev dropped it like a hot rock. Seems awfully suspicious to me. I really get sick of all the cruelty and negativity here on this site and elsewhere online.

I had made some strong critiques on the prologue in private message to the dev just to avoid the sniggering commentary from the forum trolls and made sure to include all of the best things the dev had done up to that point before making suggestions. He took it all to heart and put it to good use in the recent update. IMHO, he had taken an initial great idea that had a few flaws, maybe a 3 out of 5 star effort into not just a 5 star effort but a contender for one of the top titles of all time. I know that it was certainly on it's way to becoming a personal favorite, that is certain.

I sincerely hope that the dev will reconsider resuming work on this project or this will be the absolute worse loss I've ever seen to abandonment. Far too many titles get abandoned on this site. So, I keep posting here, keeping the watchfires burning in hopes that the master of this game will eventually see that his fans are still here and return to grace us with more of this fascinating story telling.

Adventure ever on m friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Last edited:

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
A rather abrupt end to the game, I had enjoyed the beginning a lot,and it has a lot of potential even if everything was not perfect with some too extreme choice maybe but if it has to do with the rape scene it would be a shame.

Of course I didn’t like the scene but in a good way, because it is the one to generate an emotional response in the player, to make us hate the governor and to feel bad/sad for misami and yumiko and from this point of view I find the scene successful, and I really hope also that the author reconsiders his decision and will change his mind, even if since he deleted his twitter,patreon and even his account here it seems unlikely unfortunately:(

Reactions: botc76

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
Is there enough content to try it? I want to try it but i hate those abandoned games,it leaves you on a clifhanger and makes you feel more sad that it got abandoned,what do you think? Also is there a gallery for the scenes?

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Came here to share a giggle about this...

Screenshot_2022-11-09_120151.jpg

...but instead saw that the game is abandoned. Shame, really. I hope the Dev either continues at a later time, or starts up something new with the same humour as this.

EDIT: Oh, c'mon!! This ↓ makes abandoning the game a fucking travesty!

Screenshot_2022-11-09_121108.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: botc76 and PapaPhat
3.70 star(s) 6 Votes