• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py The Roommate [v0.11.02 Public] - Walkthrough Plus+ Mod

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
new version xD THXX SOO MUCH FORTHIS MOD!!!
You're welcome. I know the new version is out, but I won't be able to release an update to my mod for it for a while for the following reasons:
1. I haven't played it yet. (BTW, I often work on the mod while I play the updates.)
2. Updates take me a little while.
3. The latest update has not been released to the public yet, and won't be for about a week.
4. I'm performing some disk backups. I can still technically work on this while they're going on, but I probably won't.

The good news:
JokerLeader already released an update to his mod, and he only edited four files, so it shouldn't take me too long to edit my mod accordingly when I do get around to it.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
i want to start this game to see how it is..and i will use your mod..hope it will be updated soon. thank you for this.

Reactions: Emelex

capt_obviously

Mar 29, 2023
Really interested in the mod; thanks so much for making it.

I got an exception on startup for 10.07

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 12, in script
    style default:
    style default:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 14, in <module>
    language gui.language
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'language'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
    renpy.game.context().run(node)
    style default:
    style default:
  File "The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 2692, in execute
    self.apply()
  File "The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 2675, in apply
    value = renpy.python.py_eval(expr)
  File "The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
    language gui.language

Darwin-23.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266

Wed Jan 31 10:00:47 2024

Kamilgar

Oct 26, 2018
Really interested in the mod; thanks so much for making it.

I got an exception on startup for 10.07

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    style default:
    style default:
    language gui.language

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
    renpy.game.context().run(node)
    style default:
    style default:
  File "The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 2692, in execute
    self.apply()
  File "The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 2675, in apply
    value = renpy.python.py_eval(expr)
  File "The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
    language gui.language

Darwin-23.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266

Wed Jan 31 10:00:47 2024
You used the .07 mod with .08 game version?
When you use old mod versions with newer game versions this will happen in most cases.
Wait patiently until newer version of mod is available.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I made sure I was modding 10.07
Only two script files in the game folder use language: screens.rpy and gui.rpy, and I didn't touch gui.rpy. I did edit screens.rpy, but I didn't touch Line 14, the one line of it that actually mentions language. So I have no idea what's causing your error or how to fix it.

I am working on the mod, but togs changed a lot more script files this update than JokerLeader did. So I've been having to check the base script files against mine manually. Not all of them, but several. So it will take a while, but I've updated several of the scripts already, and I'll keep at it.

capt_obviously

Mar 29, 2023
I am working on the mod, but togs changed a lot more script files this update than JokerLeader did. So I've been having to check the base script files against mine manually. Not all of them, but several. So it will take a while, but I've updated several of the scripts already, and I'll keep at it.
Appreciate the effort. I'll just wait patiently for the update and try again.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
any progress on update? it's been a bit
Believe me, I'm working on it. I'm just being thorough, making sure that I don't miss anything in the files. togs changed a bunch of the {w=1} tags to {w=0.33} or {w=1.0} in a bunch of different files this update, so I have to go through those files and update them all. I'm sorry for the wait, but the update will get here eventually.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Believe me, I'm working on it. I'm just being thorough, making sure that I don't miss anything in the files. togs changed a bunch of the {w=1} tags to {w=0.33} or {w=1.0} in a bunch of different files this update, so I have to go through those files and update them all. I'm sorry for the wait, but the update will get here eventually.
no problem, we'll keep waiting, just was curious about progress

on a side note - those fucking {w=x} is absolute bane of society and should be removed from ren'py not to tempt young and naive devs, personally - i would just dropped something like this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and never bother with it ever again

Reactions: Off_Kilter

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
no problem, we'll keep waiting, just was curious about progress

on a side note - those fucking {w=x} is absolute bane of society and should be removed from ren'py not to tempt young and naive devs, personally - i would just dropped something like this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and never bother with it ever again
Alright, so I have more news on the update. I finally just finished updating all of the script files that were originally created for earlier versions of the game. So now all I have to do is play through the two new days of the game, ch76 and ch77, for the first time and see if I need to make any additional changes to them beyond the few JokerLeader has made. Then I can package and upload the mod here. I doubt it'll be finished tonight, but it should be done soon.

VForValhalla

Dec 3, 2023
Alright, so I have more news on the update. I finally just finished updating all of the script files that were originally created for earlier versions of the game. So now all I have to do is play through the two new days of the game, ch76 and ch77, for the first time and see if I need to make any additional changes to them beyond the few JokerLeader has made. Then I can package and upload the mod here. I doubt it'll be finished tonight, but it should be done soon.
Awesome! Thanks for the work you have done.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Awesome! Thanks for the work you have done.
I've basically finished v0.10.08 of the mod. I just haven't finished updating the readme and changelog yet. When I have, I'll upload the mod and share it on the main page. I'm just too tired to do that now, but I'm quite confident I'll have the full update posted by the afternoon of 2/13/2024. Of course, there's always a very remote possibility that some unforeseen incident could somehow prevent me from doing so, such as a freak hard drive crash, which is highly unlikely. But I'm so paranoid about something like that happening that I'm going to leave a backup copy of the work I've done on the mod so far here just in case to make absolutely sure it won't be lost. But I had to remove most of the archive's image files so it will fit the maximum attachment size. So in case any of you actually wanted to try running it, you'd have to install the previously posted v0.10.07 WT+ mod into v0.10.08 of The Roommate and then install this attachment on top of it to make it work. But I'd just recommend holding off on playing it until I finish posting it in full tomorrow. Some of the highlights of the upcoming update are a new dynamic save menu, Days 76-77, and a Kari roleplay option. And the reason it's been taking so long is because almost every script file in the mod has been updated in some way since the last update.

Last edited:

jerichodowns

Jan 25, 2023
Emelex I've found an error in your mod. During the first time you take Kiki to the lodge, after obedience training, I wanted to refuse to have her work as a bunny, but it breaks them game in an unrecoverable way. I can't ignore the error, or reload, roll back and share her is the only way forward.

Edit: I'm not at all into sharing, it would be awesome if there were some option to automatically turn down or grey out any choice options that involve or lead to sharing/NTR type stuff.

Reactions: MurrayMods

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Emelex I've found an error in your mod. During the first time you take Kiki to the lodge, after obedience training, I wanted to refuse to have her work as a bunny, but it breaks them game in an unrecoverable way. I can't ignore the error, or reload, roll back and share her is the only way forward.

Edit: I'm not at all into sharing, it would be awesome if there were some option to automatically turn down or grey out any choice options that involve or lead to sharing/NTR type stuff.
Thank you for reporting this error. I checked it myself and fixed the problem. It was caused by a missing label line I neglected to put in. But I can't easily put it into the mod proper until I finish and release the v0.10.09 update, so I'm attaching a hotfix here. Please unzip the 7z file below into your game folder and override the existing files to correct the issue.

As for the greyed out choice suggestion, togs added yellow coloring to the text of any menu options that could lead to sharing/NTR content, and worked hard to add all of those new text colorations in my mod, so while not automatic, it should make those options easier to avoid.

Emelex v0.10.09 is now public.
Thanks for letting me know. That being said, it has not been officially released to the public and I'm a little bit busy at the moment. So while I intend to start work on the update soon, it will likely be a little while before I do so.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Thanks for letting me know. That being said, it has not been officially released to the public and I'm a little bit busy at the moment. So while I intend to start work on the update soon, it will likely be a little while before I do so.
It is officially released to the public, it's a public post on Patreon....

That is as public as it gets.

Reactions: Emelex

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
It is officially released to the public, it's a public post on Patreon....

That is as public as it gets.
Oh, so it is. I'm sorry, I'm so used to waiting a week for it to go public that I just assumed it would be this way this time. I still need some time before I can check it out, but it's good to know it's out for everybody.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes