Mod Ren'Py The Roommate [v0.11.02 Public] - Walkthrough Plus+ Mod

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I got a bug on start up with the mod installed; but not when I tried the game without the mod.

UPDATE: It's really weird but somehow the mod made a bunch of the .rpy files change permission so I'm having to one by one, see which one triggers the error and then change the permission? There has to be an easier fix.

ANOTHER UPDATE: RESOLVED, I figured it out; sorry for wasting anybody's time!
That's alright, I didn't even notice until now. But please know that I don't really have a way to troubleshoot or fix any future Mac-specific problems you may encounter.

crisbr

Mar 12, 2018
I appreciate your interest in the mod, but the base game update just came out today, so it will take time to update the mod to support it. A few days, I'd estimate, but it could be longer or shorter.
Thxx soo much for this you are best to help us like that!

Reactions: Emelex

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
I will be waiting your update then.

hopefully next update will have fix + actual mod in one single zip :):coffee::coffee:

btw, in fewer words (that Features and change-log are way to long lol), this WT+ mod adds more scenes to the game, other then the walkthrough itself? is that it? or gives access to all scenes from all different paths the game offers even if we choose one path to follow?

Last edited:
Reactions: crisbr

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I will be waiting your update then.

hopefully next update will have fix + actual mod in one single zip :):coffee::coffee:

btw, in fewer words (that Features and change-log are way to long lol), this WT+ mod adds more scenes to the game, other then the walkthrough itself? is that it? or gives access to all scenes from all different paths the game offers even if we choose one path to follow?
In addition to usual walkthrough stuff, I added a few minor extra scenes, mostly from unused or cut renders, and I also try to make as many branching scenes available to view in one playthrough as possible, though it depends on what options you choose. And the new version of the mod I'm working on will all be in one archive file. I just added the last update as a hotfix last time so I didn't have to update the main archive on all of the different sites I have the mod on for such a minor update.

There are two main tricky bits I have to figure out now to get the new version of the mod finished:
1. JokerLeader updated 50 files in his Walkthrough Mod, and I need to check them all to see which is stuff I already added in the v0.9.14 update that Joker skipped, which are just updated " from " statements which I usually take out anyway, and which is actual new content I need to put in. It won't be hard, it will just take a while to get through them all.
2. The new day added by the latest game update consists of two files: ch71.rpy and kikidates.rpy. kikidates, much like loisdates, has a number of branching paths for what togs intended to be a single date, and I won't be satisfied until I find a way for the player to play them all in one save. That will require me adding a bunch of jumps, calls, variables, checks, and conditionals throughout the two files, just like I did with Lois's dates.

I've already started working on the update, but again, it could take days.

Last edited:

crisbr

Mar 12, 2018
In addition to usual walkthrough stuff, I added a few minor extra scenes, mostly from unused or cut renders, and I also try to make as many branching scenes available to view in one playthrough as possible, though it depends on what options you choose. And the new version of the mod I'm working on will all be in one archive file. I just added the last update as a hotfix last time so I didn't have to update the main archive on all of the different sites I have the mod on for such a minor update.

There are two main tricky bits I have to figure out now to get the new version of the mod finished:
1. JokerLeader updated 50 files in his Walkthrough Mod, and I need to check them all to see which is stuff I already added in the v0.9.14 update that Joker skipped, which are just updated " from " statements which I usually take out anyway, and which is actual new content I need to put in. It won't be hard, it will just take a while to get through them all.
2. The new day added by the latest game update consists of two files: ch71 .rpy and kikidates.rpy. kikidates, much like loisdates, had a number of branching paths for what togs intended to be a single date, and I won't be satisfied until I find a way for the player to play them all in one save. That will require me adding a bunch of jumps, calls, variables, checks, and conditionals throughout the two files, just like I did with Lois's dates.

I've already started working on the update, but again, it could take days.
Nice thxx soo much for this!

Reactions: Emelex

Akeymu

Jan 22, 2020
hello, just learned of this mod, and was curious if there was any work done with the lust bar? i was looking throught eh patch notes and notices alot of things but i was curious on this, or if the scenes were still effected by it? was curious if there was a soft lock or something that would just allow all scenes to be scene instead of controlled by the lust bar

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
hello, just learned of this mod, and was curious if there was any work done with the lust bar? i was looking throught eh patch notes and notices alot of things but i was curious on this, or if the scenes were still effected by it? was curious if there was a soft lock or something that would just allow all scenes to be scene instead of controlled by the lust bar
The scenes are still affected by the lust bar, but in several cases, I loosened the lust threshold needed to see certain scenes or avoid certain penalties.

EDIT: Just going to post a little update on the progress on the mod for anyone interested. I think I've finished coding in a way to view all of the branching paths of the new date scene in one play-through. I have to finish testing it, though. I also checked all of the files Joker changed except a bunch of the older chapters which I doubt would have any significant changes. The main thing I have to do now is finish rewriting the teasers/epilogue and upcoming scenes.

EDIT 2: I've finished the v0.10.02 update.

Last edited:

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
good or bad -1 what does it affect?
-1 means bad +1 means good. like good guy path or bad/mean guy path (I think the game has only one variable to know in what path you are, so positive value good path choice, negative is mean path choices)

Last edited:
Reactions: kaczy091

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
good or bad -1 what does it affect?
BRaider2020 is right. That variable affects some of the possible choices and responses the game gives you. There are also some occasional dialog variations depending on how good or bad the game thinks you are.

kaczy091

May 27, 2018
BRaider2020 is right. That variable affects some of the possible choices and responses the game gives you. There are also some occasional dialog variations depending on how good or bad the game thinks you are.
This also means that if you are bad, you can corrupt/intimidate someone more or be more dominant?

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
This also means that if you are bad, you can corrupt/intimidate someone more or be more dominant?
On occasion I suppose, but each female character has a separate submissiveness value and sluttiness value that keeps track of those sorts of things, and the mod text will generally tell you what choices can alter those values and by how much.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
Btw what are those codes they ask below the Save/Load options on the left side of screen while you are already playing? are they shared somewhere??

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Btw what are those codes they ask below the Save/Load options on the left side of screen while you are already playing? are they shared somewhere??
They're probably the cheat codes togs put into the game. Some of them have been there since v0.2 if not earlier. Here is a snippet of code from functions.rpy that describes what they all are and what they do:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Patreon code makes Lois go topless during a scene in ch37 and ch38. I got tired of putting it in every time I wanted to see it, so I just made the option a part of the mod. I felt a little bad adding it in like that and posting it here, because it was supposed to be a Patreon-exclusive reward for backers, but it's right there in the game's code where anyone can find it, so I don't feel too bad about it. The rest of the codes change certain game variables, except "Jump ", which just lets you jump to another part of the game, which you can do just as easily with console commands.

Reactions: Twistty and crisbr

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
They're probably the cheat codes togs put into the game. Some of them have been there since v0.2 if not earlier. Here is a snippet of code from functions.rpy that describes what they all are and what they do:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Patreon code makes Lois go topless during a scene in ch37 and ch38. I got tired of putting it in every time I wanted to see it, so I just made the option a part of the mod. I felt a little bad adding it in like that and posting it here, because it was supposed to be a Patreon-exclusive reward for backers, but it's right there in the game's code where anyone can find it, so I don't feel too bad about it. The rest of the codes change certain game variables, except "Jump ", which just lets you jump to another part of the game, which you can do just as easily with console commands.
I see. most of it can be don with a save editor as well.

Reactions: Emelex and crisbr

crisbr

Mar 12, 2018
New version

Again thxx só much for everything i can play this game without this mod thxx mam

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Emelex and Twistty

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
New version

Again thxx só much for everything i can play this game without this mod thxx mam
Thanks for letting me know. FYI, I'm going to be busy for the next week or two. That doesn't necessarily mean that I won't be able to update my mod during that time. It just means that I absolutely won't be able to update it until after JokerLeader comes out with a new version of his mod first. Then, if Joker only had to change a few files for this update, I should be able to add analogous changes into my mod relatively quickly. If it was more than a few files, it'll probably take a while.

EDIT:
It's been a few days now, and JokerLeader hasn't updated his mod yet, so I spent a few minutes checking the base files of the new version. Assuming that none of the older chapters, ch00-69.rpy, were changed in the update, there should only be no more than a dozen script files and a few image files that need addressing. I'm still too busy to work on the mod right now, but when I'm not, it shouldn't take too long to finish the update, even without a new version of Joker's mod. It's more of a matter of which will come first at this point.

EDIT 2:
Just posted the new update. If you played the game with the last version of my mod, I'd recommend loading a save from early on in ch71 because at least a few relatively significant changes were made to that chapter and subsequent ones.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes