Jul 17, 2020
The Roommate [v0.8.4 Public] Walkthrough Mod
umm error just dropping the mod in?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

also mod "recommends" a bad choice
the way i understood the code it is a permanant -20 malus on her intimacy stat or is it a 20 point deduction from her intimacy stat?

Last edited:

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
umm error just dropping the mod in?

That's because you used unren to access the dev's console.
That's why it says "The label after_load is defined twice, at File "game/JokerMod/JokerTextbox.rpy", line 8:"
also mod "recommends" a bad choice
the way i understood the code it is a permanant -20 malus on her intimacy stat or is it a 20 point deduction from her intimacy stat?
Fixed

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
I'll never get why the "black coffee" choice has the dialogue that adds milk afterwards. I know, it's absolutely crucial to plot development and as we can in the code has huge implications for the game afterwards; it's practically branching into an entirely different game altogether ... so it completely makes sense that it really bothers me ^^;

It's the sort of BioWare-criticism, where the choice really doesn't match the dialogue and you are just so surprised that it was done like that. If you ask for a little milk, make the choice to ask for a little milk. If the choice is that the coffee is alright, then have it be alright like that.

Samuel Hidayat

Formerly 'Samu Al Hydit'
May 16, 2019
It's the sort of BioWare-criticism, where the choice really doesn't match the dialogue and you are just so surprised that it was done like that. If you ask for a little milk, make the choice to ask for a little milk. If the choice is that the coffee is alright, then have it be alright like that.
From what I've heard, School Days is notorious for this.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
If it really matters, some of the conversation in the first couple of days are to help establish patterns of behaviour - is MC critical or supportive, selfish or unselfish, etc.

Reactions: MarsUltor and Zenae
Oct 10, 2022
I started to feel like the is getting crowded with thenew sisters, new receptionists then basement full of girls. I hope the game doesn't become too much to handle. Other than that one of the best around here.

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
If it really matters, some of the conversation in the first couple of days are to help establish patterns of behaviour - is MC critical or supportive, selfish or unselfish, etc.
If you were to play it as critical, supportive, selfish and unselfish, would that increase the pool of options you'd have to choose from throughout the rest of the game? *laugh*

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Iris's
Not For You Human.... line was one of the funniest things....
I would Sooo do that every chance I had....

Wish I could get rid of the 'Click to continue' that pops up all the time in the bottom right corner.

Still not sure why Aria keeps telling me thanks for the job....
I went out of my way not to hire her.

Cheers

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Wish I could get rid of the 'Click to continue' that pops up all the time in the bottom right corner.

Still not sure why Aria keeps telling me thanks for the job... I went out of my way not to hire her.
The "Click to continue" is a standard feature, just so you're not sitting there waiting when it's actually waiting for you. I seem to recall there's ways to tweak that, I'll take look when I get a moment.

I'll check on Aria's responses too.

[EDIT] Actually, I can't see anything that looks wrong - when does Aria thank you for the job you're not offering her?

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I assume there's a coding slip in that scene where polluting his coffee with milk is supposed to give the MC +100 wrong 'un points.
The whole point of that couple of lines is to help establish MCs persona, while also establishing that they have coffee in the mornings (because I don't want to do alternative renders for different drinks every morning). Maybe I need to add an extra line or two of dialog to help make that clear.

The point of the three possible responses is:

- MC very rudely says he hates coffee - Kari actually comments on his bad manners (and the variable is altered)

- He says he'll drink it black, but he'd prefer it with mile or cream if possible (mild preference)

- He asks if she has milk or cream (stronger preference)

But why we are discussing this a year on, I really don't know...

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
[EDIT] Actually, I can't see anything that looks wrong - when does Aria thank you for the job you're not offering her?
I have seen this once in early versions but, not lately. IF you do not hire Aria for one of the slots, she may still mention working under you as if you did during one of the times Kari takes you for pizza.

I admit to not double checking that in more recent testing. I'll make a note for that.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
- He says he'll drink it black, but he'd prefer it with mile or cream if possible (mild preference)

- He asks if she has milk or cream (stronger preference)
Villain MC confirmed.

(I'm being facetious of course, in case that wasn't clear. But yeah, I always thought that was an odd exchange; I don't actually think there's anything rude about hating coffee and preferring tea, plenty of people do. They're wrong and quite possibly depraved, but that's between them and their God.)

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
Villain MC confirmed.

(I'm being facetious of course, in case that wasn't clear. But yeah, I always thought that was an odd exchange; I don't actually think there's anything rude about hating coffee and preferring tea, plenty of people do. They're wrong and quite possibly depraved, but that's between them and their God.)
Yeah, I prefer tea, though I always choose the milk with coffee option since I'm hoping that lactomax will be substituted at some point

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
The "Click to continue" is a standard feature, just so you're not sitting there waiting when it's actually waiting for you. I seem to recall there's ways to tweak that, I'll take look when I get a moment.

I'll check on Aria's responses too.

After the interviews, and choosing whom I want (Cassie and Bree while Aria was the backup choice), Aria thanks me when I go out for pizza later with Kari which happens 2 times. The second time, she is all excited because it's her last day working at the pizza place.
-------------------
Ok, I went back and replayed that section. It all stems from Aria being my backup choice if Cassie or Bree refused the jobs.
The second play-through, when I chose Kari as the backup, there was a discussion on the way home from work where she apologized to the MC for not accepting the job offer and the parts w Aria in the pizza shop were normal with her still working there.
------------
So, sorry for mentioning any of that, however, I'm a bit curious why Aria would say she has a job and quit the pizza place if she was the backup because my first two choices, Cassie and Bree, did in fact accept the jobs.

Great job on the humor. Really great.
Was waiting for a "Never give up, Never surrender"
between MC and Lois... lol
------------------

Just got to the basement....
Thanks for such a great job!

Cheers

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Villain MC confirmed.

Again, perhaps I didn't make it clear enough - it's the way he says it that's the issue.

Reactions: gregers
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes