Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Ah, I'd been wondering about that. Seems odd to be the CEO of a major company, own a luxurious penthouse apartment (and several other properties), and still be sleeping on the couch in some no-frills flat.
I'd wondered too; I believe his uncle used to live there when he was CEO, and even with the extra commute time how often does he actually need to physically be at the building if he sets up a good home office? I guess that choosing to be there in person is emblematic of his management style and how he's closer to the staff under him than his uncle was.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Just wanted to keep you all in the loop. I thought I would have a new build with bug fixes done by now, but having a couple of extremely frustrating issues that just won't die. I'll update as soon as I have something definitive to report.

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
Just wanted to keep you all in the loop. I thought I would have a new build with bug fixes done by now, but having a couple of extremely frustrating issues that just won't die. I'll update as soon as I have something definitive to report.
Your transparency and communication skills are rare. Thank you!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Just to revisit the discussion about the penthouse, the apartment complex, working from home, etc.

It simply comes down to two things - what I can accomplish with the time and resources I have, and what works for the story.

Clearly, MC could stay at the penthouse and have IRIS run things for him. But it would be BORING!

As to him sleeping on the couch, there's a bunch of factors that have kind of dragged that out, not least of which is that there isn't actually a second bedroom in the apartment model I originally went with. Oops! Have a look around next time you're there!

So some things I just kind of fudge for the sake of making things work. Sorry, that's just how it is!

As I've said before, this is my first try at something like this. There are countless things I would change if I had known then what I know now. I'm sorely tempted to abandon any attempts at backward-compatibility and just forcibly fix everything, but I don't think I could stand the fallout from that!

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Clearly, MC could stay at the penthouse and have IRIS run things for him. But it would be BORING!
I think I'd choose to stay in the apartment even if moving to the penthouse would be an option. If one plays as nice MC it makes sense that he wants to live closer to ground and/or among (some of) his employers, especially now that we have an option to populate the apartments around MCs.

Reactions: Vleder

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
It simply comes down to two things - what I can accomplish with the time and resources I have, and what works for the story.
I really think you should develop your project at your own pace and the way you feel good about it. It's not like you've telling people any different. It should be rewarding to you, first of all.

Yeah. I'm all for an hands on approach!

There are countless things I would change if I had known then what I know now. I'm sorely tempted to abandon any attempts at backward-compatibility and just forcibly fix everything, but I don't think I could stand the fallout from that!
I know a lot of people will have a different opinion, but I understand you've left a lot of ideas and moments "under development" and that those would result in a more polished game in the end, so I would support that option. I don't know how early is the stage of the plot but don't think it's unrealistic in terms of development to change and add things backwards. Again, you've shared that already.

In the end, you have to feel good about what you're doing and we'll all benefit from that.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Agreed. And the penthouse would better suit the douchebag route.
At least in the penthouse it seems like there'd be room to set up a domestic staff. Bring in Kari as the maid and make Mallory the cook/in-house milk dispenser and you're starting to have something, leaving the MC's time at the office free to focus on Lori, Bree, and the rest of them.

• Love
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Zenae and Vleder

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
I think that the penthouse suits Mallory better. Now if one of the apartments could be made to have the barn and such, then I would want her closer.

What am I saying, I would love to make a harem and have all of the women in the apartment block so they are close

Reactions: Zenae and Vleder

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
At least in the penthouse it seems like there'd be room to set up a domestic staff. Bring in Kari as the maid and make Mallory the cook/in-house milk dispenser and you're starting to have something, leaving the MC's time at the office free to focus on Lori, Bree, and the rest of them.
Right, being set on a Dom path... I never look a things that way. :unsure:

What am I saying, I would love to make a harem and have all of the women in the apartment block so they are close
Ah! Someone after my own heart.:D

Kuokaman

Dec 15, 2021
As I've said before, this is my first try at something like this. There are countless things I would change if I had known then what I know now. I'm sorely tempted to abandon any attempts at backward-compatibility and just forcibly fix everything, but I don't think I could stand the fallout from that!
I agree that it doesn't make sense. It's much better to go on with the story.

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
How do you offer the waitress (Ashley) a job? I choose the option to look for a job when she offered prostitution. But later in the list of secretarys she didn't show up, why? I then reloaded and choose the hooker path instead but she never has sex with MC after he pays,lol.? Is Ashley stuff bugged or what is going on? How to offer job, pls?

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
How do you offer the waitress (Ashley) a job? I choose the option to look for a job when she offered prostitution. But later in the list of secretarys she didn't show up, why? I then reloaded and choose the hooker path instead but she never has sex with MC? Is Ashley stuff bugged or what is going on? How to offer job, pls?
Just play the game. She isn't an option for a secretary, she will come up when she comes up.

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
I finished the game. Also on the other route she states sex 1-3 times sex per week if you pay her but once you pay her she never has sex again with MC. Pay $1500 on May 20 for 1x sex then game ends June 7, 18 days later, without any additional sex. Worst.deal.ever. I think the dev just forgot about her, or the choices.

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
1. Saves from previous version disappeared... Hope it's the last time?
2. This dialogue doesn't make any sense, they know each other?

screenshot0001.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: StreetRat

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I finished the game. Also on the other route she states sex 1-3 times sex per week if you pay her but once you pay her she never has sex again with MC. Pay $1500 on May 20 for 1x sex then game ends June 7, 18 days later, without any additional sex. Worst.deal.ever. I think the dev just forgot about her, or the choices.
She can turn up in her lawyer guise near the end, as an observer when the MC interviews one of Randy's victims and her mother, but there should be a follow-up with her after the meeting that's not in the game yet.

But you're right that scenes with her are rather limited so far (more or less obvious depending on how soon you start the relationship with her).

The dev mentioned quite a while back (before the current 'employment options' were added) that they hadn't continued Ashley's thread because the response to her character had been rather muted. That might be why her content seems a bit shallow for now.

2. This dialogue doesn't make any sense, they know each other?

View attachment 1553521
Yeah, it's more or less a universal dialogue no matter who you hire. I believe the next lines acknowledge (or at least hint at) that they already know each other though.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I just glanced at the tags for the game and they are rather out of date. Skimming through the tag list, I think the adventure and point & click tags should be removed (I don't think either tag fits the game in its current form) and some others added.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not going to ping a mod about adding any of these right now, but thought it might be worth hearing what others (obviously togs-games first and foremost) think. Adding tags for content that's only sorta in the game for now can be a bit of a double-edged sword: It might spell disappointment for the people who come looking for that particular style of content.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 70 Votes