Bedlamh

Dec 8, 2021
Feels aimed more at teenagers (15-18 range) than adults writing style-wise/story-wise. I mean it IS an adult visual novel, but has very...simple writing if that makes sense. Like this is Shonen vs Seinen. I just happen to be looking for Seinen story telling.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I don't even know how to respond to that. What I will say is that I grew up in the UK, now live in the US, and that I'm very aware that a significant fraction of the audience doesn't have English as their first language.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Well, I just started playing the Roommate, and I must say I have really enjoyed it. The MC has just starting to get to know most of the side characters, so I hope that their personalities get even more explored with time. Togs, you have done a great job so far creating something truly fun and exciting to play. I look forward to the MC getting to know the characters better, and see what is next in store.

I am curious. Do you plan to have all the girls a potential LI for the MC, or just the few that you have on the main menu screen?

Carolyn, for example, whew.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Up until now, each release has added a full week to the game, but with one thing and another, this version is taking me longer than expected.

So I'm considering a two-step release, with the first covering MC and Lois in London, and the next part to add the return home.

Thoughts?

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Up until now, each release has added a full week to the game, but with one thing and another, this version is taking me longer than expected.

So I'm considering a two-step release, with the first covering MC and Lois in London, and the next part to add the return home.

Thoughts?
Personally I prefer longer updates than shorter but more frequent. However usually when I know that some devs prefer short but frequent updates I just wait out 2-3 updates before playing so imo releasing bigger updates in smaller parts could be a better idea.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019

Thoughts?
I'm also a big fan of longer updates and I'm not allergic to waiting ; but do it as a two-step release if you feel it better that way ofc

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Thoughts?
You know how I feel about this. I always prefer longer, more structured updates, with larger content then the standard 20 minute episodes. I know a lot of people has an opposite opinion so I guess that's just mine. Nevertheless, I strongly feel that a larger update allows you to integrate and develop more and better content, but that always depends on your planning and work methods, not to mention available time.
So, having said that, whatever you feel its preferable, you'll have my support. You've done more than enough to deserve it.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

Thoughts?
Personally I prefer shorter updates so long as they don't cut out in the middle of a scene or anything.

Reactions: togs-games

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Seems like the easy answer is to do the initial release as mentioned, and the people that would rather wait for the full week can hold on for the update.

BTW, are other people having issues connecting here? Keep getting errors, and right now none of the formatting icons are showing.

Reactions: arroganz

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Seems like the easy answer is to do the initial release as mentioned, and the people that would rather wait for the full week can hold on for the update.

BTW, are other people having issues connecting here? Keep getting errors, and right now none of the formatting icons are showing.
Untitled.jpg

Sep 3, 2020

oh my God me to bro I can't even find the Emojis

I even clicked on everything

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
More WIP images on my - they're "public" so you don't have to be a patron.

Reactions: Gorse

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1648131154665.png

You look stunning! Now, put the bed sheets back on that bed and come join me for breackfast.
There is not a cloud in our sky and at the slightest breeze I will cover you in cuddles and smother you in kisses,
just like that song you still cannot get outta your pretty sweet welcoming head of yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: driverman
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes