gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Anyone out there have time to "beta test" a couple of builds? Ideally, someone who has saves from build 0407?

I'm trying to resolve compatibility issues, particularly when going between versions, so you would get a revised version of 0407 and a new 0503.
Depends on the time frame. I'm mostly afk (and away from my old saves) for the next 48 hours but would have time to look into it after that. Message me if relevant.

Reactions: togs-games

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
Well, it's Christmas Eve and the internet service is down. Something tells me it's a matter of luck whether it gets rectified before the holiday is over so if I'm "dark", that's why.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, everyone.
Merry Christmas! Allow the darkness to provide inspiration for the upcoming new year. :)

Reactions: togs-games

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
It's another Christmas miracle - internet service came back up on Christmas Eve!

I'll be uploading a couple of test builds late tonight or early tomorrow.
There's no significant new content in these - they are for testing purposes only.

In the meantime, I'm putting together the content for week six which is primarily focused on MC and Lois's trip to London.

You'll also have the opportunity to spend some "quality time" with Tilly if you wish...

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Got waylaid with some work stuff since Christmas, so didn't get around to finalizing the testing builds.

But making progress on the content for the next version.

As usual, I haven't made things easy for myself, with a ballroom scene that is kicking my arse!

Just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and I will update you all soon.

KGregory

Jul 9, 2019
Yesterday, I downloaded the Mac version and started a new game. Saved regularly and finished just prior to the interview phase. When I returned to start again this morning I was unable to load the last save to recommence the VN. I tried each of my saves, and each time it kicked my back to the Main Menu. Has anyone else experienced this? and is there a fix for this anomaly?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Yesterday, I downloaded the Mac version and started a new game. Saved regularly and finished just prior to the interview phase. When I returned to start again this morning I was unable to load the last save to recommence the VN. I tried each of my saves, and each time it kicked my back to the Main Menu. Has anyone else experienced this? and is there a fix for this anomaly?
We've seen some problems with save compatibility issues BETWEEN versions but not, to my knowledge, in the same version.

Is it a vanilla (unmodded) version?

KGregory

Jul 9, 2019
We've seen some problems with save compatibility issues BETWEEN versions but not, to my knowledge, in the same version.

Is it a vanilla (unmodded) version?
Thanks for the response. It is modded, so that may be my issue. Incidentally, the VN is good and I believe the renders are well done. Good luck moving forward. I shall download again and go with the vanilla version. Thanks again.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Thanks for the response. It is modded, so that may be my issue. Incidentally, the VN is good and I believe the renders are well done. Good luck moving forward. I shall download again and go with the vanilla version. Thanks again.
No problem. Don't know how much luck you'll have getting your saves to load, but glad you're enjoying it!

While I'm here, I am working like crazy on the next version, but I never make it easy for myself.

Don't know whose idea it was to have a ballroom scene...

Reactions: Zenae

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Seems the saving folder changed since I played this. Should I copy or they won't work? Thank you.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
The saves should be in the Game folder. They should work
I'm sorry, I screwed up on that build! It's kind of bizarre, renpy makes a save folder within the game folder, but on Windows, there is also one in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\The_Roommate

That was where I screwed up - it should be C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\The_Roommate-1615256957

Apparently, the "-1615256957" is to differentiate it from all those other renpy games called "The_Roommate"...

But I should have checked, so that is on me!

Reactions: Zenae
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes