togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I've already replayed the game but yeah, it's AppData\Roaming\RenPy\The_Roommate-1615256957 from september and AppData\Roaming\RenPy\The_Roommate from now, why would you change it :p.
I didn't. I don't know where the "-1615256957" part came from! Maybe Windows trying to differentiate between installs?

But I appreciate the response - I will dig into it and see if I can figure out why it happens, and hopefully avoid similar issues in future.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I just glanced at the tags for the game and they are rather out of date. Skimming through the tag list, I think the adventure and point & click tags should be removed (I don't think either tag fits the game in its current form) and some others added.
I was never sure where the "big ass" tag came from. Rei is a little bigger in that department, but she's a relatively late addition to the game.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I was never sure where the "big ass" tag came from. Rei is a little bigger in that department, but she's a relatively late addition to the game.
Yeah, the big tits tag is a no-brainer, Mallory sees to that, but I wasn't sure about that one either. None of the women seems especially bountifully endowed in the saddle region.

Reactions: togs-games

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I'm really pissed off with a couple of the recent reviews, so I'm going to go and sulk for a while.

For those of you who do like the game, I am still working on the last couple of issues with the previous build, and on the next version.

Reactions: sn3p and Mister_M

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
I'm really pissed off with a couple of the recent reviews, so I'm going to go and sulk for a while.
For those of you who do like the game, I am still working on the last couple of issues with the previous build, and on the next version.
I read those reviews: the first one was clearly written out of spite because of previous posts; the second only shows that who wrote it was expecting something the game clearly wasn't going to offer and didn't even waited for clarification regarding his doubts.
Whatever you do, somebody will post a bad review. Give them the credit they deserve, but only that. Don't forget about the other reviews, with fundament and substance, that say otherwise.
You also know how your "regulars" and patrons feel about the game.

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018

Game's really good, you have nothing to worry about. I'll write my own review after my MC will finally get to romance Bree ;)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I didn't. I don't know where the "-1615256957" part came from! Maybe Windows trying to differentiate between installs?

But I appreciate the response - I will dig into it and see if I can figure out why it happens, and hopefully avoid similar issues in future.
The save directory is defined in options.rpy. I don't know if you changed it not knowing what it does or if Renpy was being weird and changed it itself, but previous versions had the automatically generated save directory with the numbers, while the current version doesn't have them. Generally it's a good idea to leave them as they are because if someone else makes a game with the same name the save directories will conflict.

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020

Sorry to hear that, Togs, but as I like your game, I tried to make some signature GIFs for "The Roommate"
(inspired by your post some time ago).

I'd like to share them here with you and the community - if you don't mind:

1) KARI Signature - GIF - The_Roommate​
2) LOIS Signature - GIF - The_Roommate​
KARIrv.gif
LOISrv.gif

Due to the file size of each of these GIFs, they are hosted on Imgur, not on F95.
Edit May 3, 2022: I've managed to reduce the file size of these GIFs considerably and updated their links.
They are now hosted on F95 (not on Imgur anymore).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As it's my very first attempt to create and share any signature GIFs, feel free to share your opinion if you like.
I'm also open for constructive critic ;).

Hope, you'll enjoy :D

Last edited:

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
I'll get over it. As someone said, one was clearly out of spite, although I did possibly provoke him...
Don't let yourself down due to some bad reviews - as Vleder mentioned these aren't completely avoidable...
as are general misinterpretations.

The signature GIFs are cool. What do you use? After Effects or something?
Thanks, glad you approve them :cool:. Hope, they will help to support your game a least a bit!
I mainly used some free video editor software (VSDC) and manually layered and adjusted all the effects.
There may be faster and more comfortable ways to create these GIFs, but it somehow worked for me.

Hope, these will work in many signatures as well - I may use one of them in my sig soon, too.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Anyone out there have time to "beta test" a couple of builds? Ideally, someone who has saves from build 0407?

I'm trying to resolve compatibility issues, particularly when going between versions, so you would get a revised version of 0407 and a new 0503.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
The save directory is defined in options.rpy. I don't know if you changed it not knowing what it does or if Renpy was being weird and changed it itself, but previous versions had the automatically generated save directory with the numbers, while the current version doesn't have them. Generally it's a good idea to leave them as they are because if someone else makes a game with the same name the save directories will conflict.
You were right - I did remove that at some point because I hadn't noticed it previously and thought it was spurious.

Funny thing is I could have sworn that was further back than it was.

Oh well, live and learn!

So I guess I should probably put it back, with a note on the implications in the readme file.

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Anyone out there have time to "beta test" a couple of builds? Ideally, someone who has saves from build 0407?

I'm trying to resolve compatibility issues, particularly when going between versions, so you would get a revised version of 0407 and a new 0503.
I do not have any previous builds. The only one I have is the current one. However, I do not mind having to start new and work through things if it helps you

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
I tried to make some signature GIFs for "The Roommate"
I'd like to share them here with you and the community
What a nice Christmas gift! I've been waiting for one of these for a long time so It's greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi togs. I may have the time but I dumped the old builds and saves. If you're after something specific and provide the old build I can go bug hunting...

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018

I have the current f95 version with saves at the end of the build and few from before. If that's good I can test smth, but if you require someone who tries various routes then I want to inform you I only have 1 route that I play and save.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I have the current f95 version with saves at the end of the build and few from before. If that's good I can test smth, but if you require someone who tries various routes then I want to inform you I only have 1 route that I play and save.
That's probably okay, it's not so much what you did or didn't do as seeing if the saved data can be transitioned.

I'll come back to you shortly, if that's okay.

Reactions: Mister_M
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes