tgki9878

Feb 15, 2021
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ch64.rpy", line 1885, in script call
call thepub from _call_thepub
File "game/loisdates.rpy", line 1269, in script
menu:
SyntaxError: unexpected character after line continuation character (loisdates.rpy, line 1273)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/ch64.rpy", line 1885, in script call
call thepub from _call_thepub
File "game/loisdates.rpy", line 1269, in script
menu:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1688, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1026, in menu
condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2274, in py_eval
code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
File "renpy/python.py", line 835, in py_compile
raise e
SyntaxError: unexpected character after line continuation character (loisdates.rpy, line 1273)

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Roommate 0.10.09
Sun Feb 25 16:50:08 2024
```

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

Later than anticipated, but hopefully worth the wait!

This release rounds off the Sunday night with the promised action with Kari if she's your girl.

Then we go to Monday of Week 12. It's a VERY busy day for MC, so much so that I've had to move some stuff to the following day. On the plus side, that does mean some of the work for the next build is already done!

I've already summarized much of what you can expect in this release, so I will leave you to discover the rest for yourselves.
There is one possible issue I'm aware of. An event that kicks off Bree's backstory (her "accountant" paying her a visit) didn't get flagged properly in a much earlier build and effectively repeats itself in this build as I never figured out a way to detect it retrospectively.

If you were playing from scratch that wouldn't occur, but it's one of those things where the following events wouldn't make sense if you hadn't seen this. So apologies if this gives rise to a sense of deja vu!

Anyway, it's a packed version, I hope you enjoy it. Let me know of any issues!

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022
Update the mod.
I doubt its that simple. i had terrible issues getting the last version to play. and this was even an almost fresh replay that started 2 updates ago because of a bad save.

no saves, or autosaves, would work. no errors just any save loaded, the next click sent me to the main menu.

so I had to replay again just right click skipping through.
it wasnt just the mod either, I could not load with or without it.

edit: this was .08 I still have not had time to even grab the new ver yet.

edit2: oh no... its still happening. every save, even the new one. no errors, just straight to menu.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I doubt its that simple. i had terrible issues getting the last version to play. and this was even an almost fresh replay that started 2 updates ago because of a bad save.

no saves, or autosaves, would work. no errors just any save loaded, the next click sent me to the main menu.

so I had to replay again just right click skipping through.
it wasnt just the mod either, I could not load with or without it.

edit: this was .08 I still have not had time to even grab the new ver yet.

edit2: oh no... its still happening. every save, even the new one. no errors, just straight to menu.
Sounds like something corrupted. I have 21 saves...unmodded...all play perfectly, no errors anywhere.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
My saves work fine now-a-days, back when I used a mod my saves got all finnicky. So I started a new game without the mod and skipped through making all the same choices, and ever since I've had no errors or save problems.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
On that note, it'd be great if this game had an actual Kari or actual Lois swinging path.

Like one not tarnished by the whole muh dom muh sub thing, or "treat her like the whore she is" stuff that kiki gets. Ya know, like an actual amicable "hey lets go to the club next to our london office and both get our fuck on with strangers".
I'll pass.gif

Besides the current paths are bugged anyway. No point in adding even more complexity.

Reactions: Gojii

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The notion of "fitting" the character profile though will be extremely subjective on what one's existing preferences are - since we all carry those into the game with us.

My point above was that if people are habitually finding characters to act "jarringly" from what they'd expect, and this happens again and again, perhaps those expectations aren't well aligned with the actual characters.
Would you expect Layla to prostitute herself if you are not pursuing her path?! Its not player biases and expectation, its characters becoming 180 versions of themselves without any life altering events and time skips to make it somewhat believable. There is no narrative benefit in their change, other than the dev trying to make content for every type of degenerate out there and like someone already said, there are other characters that better fit that role, the fact Togs went with the main girl feels like pandering to people pushing for that type of content with her.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Would you expect Layla to prostitute herself if you are not pursuing her path?! Its not player biases and expectation, its characters becoming 180 versions of themselves without any life altering events and time skips to make it somewhat believable. There is no narrative benefit in their change, other than the dev trying to make content for every type of degenerate out there and like someone already said, there are other characters that better fit that role, the fact Togs went with the main girl feels like pandering to people pushing for that type of content with her.
Are we talking about the same game? :LOL:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Are we talking about the same game? :LOL:
I was using your sig to point out that biases and expectation have nothing with characters not acting like themselves just to push kinks.
I know that her whoring herself out didn't really make sense considering her character, it was definitely non-sensical. However, she definitely isn't like that regardless of path (as someone who is on her GF path), which makes it even more surprising. This is also why I never view a character or base my opinions of a character on a path I don't even play, to me it exists separately. In some cases, I've even seen devs say specifically that routes are independent from one another and are basically different realities altogether. The difference is, is that the dev usually makes the differences in characterization make sense, in the case of this game, the dev has failed to make it sensical.
I am different, for me there are no alternative timelines and multiverse versions of the characters, if the option is there, that means that character is capable of performing that action. Thats why I am so nit picky about actions making sense for the established personalities, idk how many other players also have this retardation, but it is what it is.:cautious: :Kappa:

Last edited:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Thats why I am so nit picky about actions making sense for the established personalities, idk how many other players also have this retardation, but it is what it is.:cautious: :Kappa:
bp.gif

Games and talking about them wouldnt be as fun without each of us having our idiosyncrasies. o_O
I was using your sig to point out that biases and expectation have nothing with characters not acting like themselves just to push kinks.
One issue. Intertwined doesn't have "isslut"/"iswhore" variables, nor submission/slut/whore/mistress paths. Yes, it would feel very out of place for Layla to be giving 5 dolla sucky suckies, just as it would feel very out of place for Elena to have some "I live only to worship your cock master" path.

Players here seem to only be able to recognize tonal incongruency when it involves things they don't like.

Full transparency, this is what it's always been about for me, and what drives me crazy and I can't resist debating/arguing/correcting. It's the players who love fetishized submission content but then get all butthurt when the LI touches another guy on screen.

I've said it before I'll say it again, I have the UTMOST sympathy and respect for pure romance style players who get annoyed by these ntr-ish scenes, be it Kiki's, Lois's, or now Kari's. That's completely understandable and seeing that stuff on any route is incongruent with their playstyle.

On the other hand, people can prefer treating the girl characters like shit, hey it's their preference, but i'll never stop ridiculing them when they complain about turnabout.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
lmao, you are literally the reverse/anti me, both in likes/dislikes and pet peeves.:KEK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is one thing we agree on (though for me idc about bdsm). In the real world, seems like most people that enjoy maledom/femdom/bdsm/sharing/roleplay pick your fetish, they do it in the bedroom then go back to their daily lives.

AVNs seem incapable of differentiating so if a girl is a "yes daddy" in bedroom, shes like that at office too, or if a guy likes sharing his girl in bedroom, she becomes village whore everywhere else.

Back on game - hopefully people saw he just released a new version on patreon.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Andrea is Lois in 15-20 years... :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:
Man I hope she becomes that ridiculously big physically from LactoMax, woman looks like 9 ft tall *almonds activated* :KEK:

Edit: (It won't happen for infinite reasons, just musing/joking around, but if Kari can go from naïve wholesome woman to become the communal dollarstore whore in a few weeks, why not an "option" to have my girl Lois become giant waifu for snu snu with a fantasy/sci-fi level medication? :LUL: )

Also, muh double poast. My bad.

Last edited:

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
On the other hand, people can prefer treating the girl characters like shit, hey it's their preference, but i'll never stop ridiculing them when they complain about turnabout.
This is one thing we agree on (though for me idc about bdsm). In the real world, seems like most people that enjoy maledom/femdom/bdsm/sharing/roleplay pick your fetish, they do it in the bedroom then go back to their daily lives.

AVNs seem incapable of differentiating so if a girl is a "yes daddy" in bedroom, shes like that at office too, or if a guy likes sharing his girl in bedroom, she becomes village whore everywhere else.
Not all dom/sub relationships, activities or adjacent kinks are about treating someone like shit, hell in fact IRL the majority of them are very much not. It's a lifestyle, and of course a fetish, or rather a group of fetishes in most cases. I loathe when I see people treat all D/S relationships like they're this abusive and/or demeaning entity, when they're not. Yes, a lot of people who partake in BDSM activities, do tend to restrict their play to the bedroom or at least at home. However, there are also a number of people who're lifestyle doms or subs, who want to be in a relationship based around that lifestyle and culture 24/7. When both parties in such a relationship or activity are consenting to it, enjoy it, and respect each other's boundaries, it can actually be one of the most fulfilling things for some people and their sex lives or lives in general.

Now I do agree that quite a few games on here, do not do any of the BDSM or adjacent fetishes/kinks justice, nor do they present characters in the lifestyle in the best of light often times. And I feel like this is where the problem truly lies. It's that a lot of devs don't know much about the subject, and don't have any IRL experience in this lifestyle or with any of the fetishes under the BDSM umbrella. They make their game, wanting to reach as many players as possible, and without any idea of how to do D/S relationships or BDSM and related fetishes justice... they just throw together their best understanding of it and plop it into their game.

Anyways, as someone who is very much in love with the lifestyle, I don't think we'll ever really agree on this particular topic, but I do feel the need to at least bring up my perspective and give my two cents. Just like not all people who are into NTR, swinging, or any related kinks are the same, it's definitely not black and white. And many people who enjoy these fetishes, or are part of communities surrounding them, won't see eye to eye and many have differing outlooks on these fetishes.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Not all dom/sub relationships, activities or adjacent kinks are about treating someone like shit, hell in fact IRL the majority of them are very much not. It's a lifestyle, and of course a fetish, or rather a group of fetishes in most cases. I loathe when I see people treat all D/S relationships like they're this abusive and/or demeaning entity, when they're not. Yes, a lot of people who partake in BDSM activities, do tend to restrict their play to the bedroom or at least at home. However, there are also a number of people who lifestyle doms or subs, who want to be in a relationship based around that lifestyle and culture 24/7. When both parties in such a relationship or activity are consenting to it, enjoy it, and respect each other's boundaries, it can actually be one of the most fulfilling things for some people and their sex lives or lives in general.
tumblr_507af7028a297e2a1403944e78f4ed92_915256a5_400.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Emelex and SlapE
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes