msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
View attachment 1416638
The Roommate [v0.10.08] Walkthrough Mod
Note: I've fixed some bugs.
Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Note: Since I don't have much time anymore, I will only update the mod on new releases, not on bug fixes.

Download: - - ANDROID by cebs

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Dev, .
If you like my work, please consider supporting me on my or , check my .
just heads up new game ver out

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Actually, she reminds me of a more emotionally mature and professional version of Andrea the secretary from Dreaming of Dana.
I'm talking about looks, the model for Lois looks like an adult version of Ada from that game.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
You're right, but so am I . . .
I mean, they're not identical, but there is a resemblance, IMO.
I'm talking about looks, the model for Lois looks like an adult version of Ada from that game.
1708652080145.png for both..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
serious now yes they look similar like sisters

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
I don't mean to be facetious... but what story? I'd love this game if it actually had a story and character growth. Right now it plays like an algamation of side stories.
That's fair (and facetious is never bad anyway). I'm not thinking epic poetry and age-old mythical archetypes or anything (George Lucas can keep his Time Life Joseph Campbell Book Set), but I was enjoying the early part of the game with the MC taking over the company and
Lois being set up as a supremely competent assistant-on-track-to-be-full-partner.
Not too many stories in the endless abyss of copycat games keep my interest for vey long, but something about this one in the earlier stages did. When I find myself holding down CTRL for long stretches in games that used to keep me interested it bums me out a little. Sigh.

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
You're right, but so am I . . .
I mean, they're not identical, but there is a resemblance, IMO.
I don't see it beyond Andrea Horseface having the same hair color and also wearing glasses.

MrSancini

Feb 18, 2018
I'll wait for the next update, since this one is more bugfixes and I didn't had any significant on 10.08

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
I don't see it beyond Andrea Horseface having the same hair color and also wearing glasses.
It's certainly a matter of opinion.

The pic of Andrea I posted may not have been the best example, and DoD is 6-7 years old so Andrea is probably some variation of Daz G2F model, while Lois is likely some variation of G8F model (correct me if I'm wrong, togs). Consequently, Lois undeniably looks better, but beyond the hair and glasses their facial features seem similar to me, as well as their body shapes. Again, just my opinion . . .

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
Don't know if anyone has a save following the date with Aria and Kari (before Aria goes to London). My game breaks for some crazy reason right at that point.

Sh4dyW0lf

Mar 14, 2019
That's fair (and facetious is never bad anyway). I'm not thinking epic poetry and age-old mythical archetypes or anything (George Lucas can keep his Time Life Joseph Campbell Book Set), but I was enjoying the early part of the game with the MC taking over the company and
Lois being set up as a supremely competent assistant-on-track-to-be-full-partner.
Not too many stories in the endless abyss of copycat games keep my interest for vey long, but something about this one in the earlier stages did. When I find myself holding down CTRL for long stretches in games that used to keep me interested it bums me out a little. Sigh.
^^^ THIS - A thousand times over . . .

It was refreshing find the Dev had a better-than-juvenile grasp of corporate structure and personal wealth; and we had an MC that could use his influence / power / wealth to advance ethical conduct within his company, still get his wick wet without using other characters as doormats, and provide some help to others along the way.

Then we started to lose agency for decisions; and the Dev kicked the MC down the same scummy Jeffery Epstein rabbit hole his uncle was wallowing in.

We got a pretty hard sell early on about the qualifications for a good PA - and then had that character taken away and replaced with an emotionally broken sex toy. Lost Puppy girlfriend flips into bathroom blowjob hooker if rejected, and everyone forgets that the first actual "whore" you encounter is Ashley.

I was actually considering a Patreon sub - but the dramatic changes have pretty much killed any enthusiasm I had for the game at this point . . .

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
It's certainly a matter of opinion.

The pic of Andrea I posted may not have been the best example, and DoD is 6-7 years old so Andrea is probably some variation of Daz G2F model, while Lois is likely some variation of G8F model (correct me if I'm wrong, togs). Consequently, Lois undeniably looks better, but beyond the hair and glasses their facial features seem similar to me, as well as their body shapes. Again, just my opinion . . .
I'm just not seeing it, sorry Mars.

Last edited:

jojocool1627

Nov 21, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 2199, in script
    return
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/ch77.rpy', 1708626027, 30691).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 2199, in script
    return
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1567, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 710, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/ch77.rpy', 1708626027, 30691).

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Roommate 0.10.09
Fri Feb 23 13:47:46 2024

missed file ? or error ? Day 77

oh I see..next update

Last edited:

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
I'm sorry but I'm not seeing the resemblence at all.

I'm just not seeing it, sorry Mars.
That's totally cool... I said before that it's a matter of opinion, but really it being a matter of perspective would be more accurate. I played DoD a long time ago; I discovered it shortly after discovering F95, and it was my introduction to AVNs... anyway, it was my recollection of Andrea from that game that spawned the thought that they seemed visually similar to me. I don't think there are any wrong answers on this one, but then that's my opinion and perspective, of course.
:)(y)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
That's totally cool... I said before that it's a matter of opinion, but really it being a matter of perspective would be more accurate. I played DoD a long time ago; I discovered it shortly after discovering F95, and it was my introduction to AVNs... anyway, it was my recollection of Andrea from that game that spawned the thought that they seemed visually similar to me. I don't think there are any wrong answers on this one, but then that's my opinion and perspective, of course.
:)(y)
Aye it is highly subjective indeed.

Reactions: MarsUltor

Sabrax_CZ

Nov 3, 2023
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing D:\The_Roommate-0.10.09-pc/game/ch60.rpy.
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 50937: invalid continuation byte

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 781, in load_appropriate_file
data, stmts = self.load_file(dir, fn + source)
File "renpy/script.py", line 594, in load_file
stmts = renpy.parser.parse(fullfn)
File "renpy/parser.py", line 2953, in parse
lines = list_logical_lines(fn, filedata, linenumber)
File "renpy/parser.py", line 238, in list_logical_lines
data = f.read().decode("utf-8", "python_strict")
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 50937: invalid continuation byte

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266

Sun Feb 25 10:57:43 2024

missed file ? or error ?

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes