Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
You can train her without 'making that choice'.....
Yeah and like I said, the scene consisted of just tying her up and basically letting her back down where hardly anything happened. (In contrast to the other routes at the S&M club)That was my entire point referring to it in the first place? :WaitWhat:

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Will agree with both...there are some very contradictary sections in this. As much as I love this it is jarring at times and the whole script in places definitely needs cleaning up so things make a little more sense depending on which paths/routes you are following.
Started reading here to see if I was the only one with this issue. Granted, from other comments it seems that I'm (again) the weird one for not dating Kari.

About Kari:
Her whole style just doesn't appeal to me. I told her I didn't find her attractive, didn't care for her belly piercing (or piercings in general), then 30 days later she finally confronts me and asks if I like her or not. Meanwhile, she's been prancing around in sexy underwear, and leaving the bathroom door open (told the game I'd never peek). But when we're watching TV, she's on the far end of the room on the other sofa. And when we're talking over dinner, she hardly tells the MC anything about herself. For being in love, she's very standoffish and closed off.

When I turned Kari down, she disappeared for 2 days, then suddenly re-appears again to make me coffee in the mornings. No dialog about how she's feeling, where she's been, didn't answer her phone, or what she's planning to do. She's just there.
Her call with Pete also rubbed me the wrong way. It was clear to me that Pete was trying to set us up.

When we go to the pizza place, we're walking arm in arm, as if we're a couple. I didn't buy her a cellphone, but then 2 days later the MC calls Keri on her cellphone, but Keri never even mentioned getting one or giving the MC her number... There's a lot of stuff like this that just doesn't add up.
Also, why is the MC still sleeping on the sofa? The room was emptied 2 weeks ago, he can afford a bed ffs.

Honestly, this game seems like an ocean wide but a puddle deep. It's a shame really.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Never progressed with Kari, but after the family & genetics-reveal, she tells her co-worker (karaoke night after casual Friday) that I'm her boyfriend...
Then this:
1708481718233.png
Note: I didn't tell her about what the doctor said about babies, but she brought it up later anyway. I then declined the making-babies-arc and told her I had confidence in medical advances.

I understand when a game needs to merge two tracks (like cellphone or not), but this just invalidates my choices outright.

Edit: It seems like the Karaoke evening is a mess in general. I didn't hire Bree or Kayla, yet they're still there. Also, no idea who Rei is.

kevcolqaz

Jan 10, 2019
Never progressed with Kari, but after the family & genetics-reveal, she tells her co-worker (karaoke night after casual Friday) that I'm her boyfriend...
Then this:
View attachment 3373105
Note: I didn't tell her about what the doctor said about babies, but she brought it up later anyway. I then declined the making-babies-arc and told her I had confidence in medical advances.

I understand when a game needs to merge two tracks (like cellphone or not), but this just invalidates my choices outright.

Edit: It seems like the Karaoke evening is a mess in general. I didn't hire Bree or Kayla, yet they're still there. Also, no idea who Rei is.
Maybe he should have made the game simpler and that way this schedule, phone, and horny meter fucks up the game, this way the dev can concentrate on the character renders and story, which would make fewer bugs and just give a simpler path where lover of harem or corruption path, or solo path.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Maybe he should have made the game simpler and that way this schedule, phone, and horny meter fucks up the game, this way the dev can concentrate on the character renders and story, which would make fewer bugs and just give a simpler path where lover of harem or corruption path, or solo path.
I think complexity is fine, if it also has depth. It's this depth that I'm missing. There's no real communication, it seems we have to pick LI based on what they do, or how they look, not who they are.

If I had to rate the game at this point, it wouldn't be more than 2 stars. Mostly because it plays like a sandbox game without the sandbox.

kevcolqaz

Jan 10, 2019
I think complexity is fine, if it also has depth. It's this depth that I'm missing. There's no real communication, it seems we have to pick LI based on what they do, or how they look, not who they are.

If I had to rate the game at this point, it wouldn't be more than 2 stars. Mostly because it plays like a sandbox game without the sandbox.
Yeah sure the complexity is fine, but this game has many errors and the choices don't matter because the game has too many bugs that combine the routes and make the game harder for the devs to continue, he might want to start into a simpler game in his first try and then go for more complexity with next project.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Yeah sure the complexity is fine, but this game has many errors and the choices don't matter because the game has too many bugs that combine the routes and make the game harder for the devs to continue, he might want to start into a simpler game in his first try and then go for more complexity with next project.
Oh right, yeah, I can agree with that. I did think the whole "I want it so complex that it's impossible to create a WT" was either inexperience or hubris (seeing how trivial it is to read the code)

At the same time, I appreciate that the player has 2 or 3 chances to get on Kari's route before she starts whoring. It's rare to see this in an AVN.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Everyone turns up for the karaoke night regardless. In-fiction, the reasoning is that even if the MC doesn't hire them, they may still work elsewhere in the company, or in the case of the two young ones, still be living at the Foundation-run orphanage, so they're part of the general orbit. Same thing with the Saturday barbecue.

Outside the fiction, it's to save the dev from having to make too many variations on the group scenes by just assuming a core group will always be hanging around.

Rei is one of the two young Foundation girls from the job interviews (Kayla's the other one). They're obviously unqualified, but the MC can bring one of them on as interns.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Rei is one of the two young Foundation girls from the job interviews (Kayla's the other one). They're obviously unqualified, but the MC can bring one of them on as interns.
Thanks for the reminder! I'm fine with everyone showing up, but the dev/writer could've explained it in a few lines. For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if Aria was friends with the teens, or they kept in touch. Sure, there would be quite a few variations, but that's by the dev"s own doing.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
I definitely get GoT vibes with this game in that it feels like the story hit a roadblock a while back, and instead of pushing through it a bunch of mechanics gimmicks and sudden inexplicable character changes were thrown in as distractions. This was once one of my top games, but I'm not sure I will play again until it is completed, and even then it will probably wait until there is a lull in updates from games that are holding my interest better. Oh well. There are 8 billion games out there, so some of them are bound to get better as they go and some not so much. And which are which depends entirely on who you ask because we all like different things. :cool:

Reactions: Gojii
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes