Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
If you provide enough interesting branches and several good endings, I wouldn't worry too much about walkthroughs. It's when decisions become un-intuitive and most endings could be considered bad or "incomplete", while only few could be considered good, that people will really want some kind of walkthrough. A dinner date and a movie date could both be fine, both lead to interesting content along the way, which doesn't have to be the same content for both, but be interesting nonetheless.

So keep things intuitive, it should be obvious (possibly through hints given along the way) what a good answer should be for a girl you want to be with, and don't require "perfect scores" to win our favourite girl(s).

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Hi guys,

Sorry it's been a while, this bloody game has taken on a life of its own.

So much so that I have a new problem - it's too big for itch to host.

Version 0.3 expands the storyline to three weeks, and it is packed.

Suggestions/preferences?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
It now covers three weeks of game time (previously only the first week).

Lots of new stuff, and I really did take on board the comments here.

Still lots more to do though, and lots more to come.

I hope you guys enjoy it and feel like it was worth the wait.

BTW, I know I've kind of gone off about walkthroughs - I do feel like they spoil the experience.

But if anyone really doesn't "get" something, let me know!

Last edited:

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
The Roommate [v0.3] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.23 GB
Original Size Mac: 1.22 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 110 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 75 MB: -

Since this, an Adult Zone, drop a (y) to support my work as Compressor SLUT!

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Hi, sorry for the long silence. A "security issue" at work has had me working 100+ hours a week since the beginning of May.

Just posted on itch and patreon that there'll be a new version released in the next couple of days.

KenneX, you were quite right - I changed the trigger value for testing and forgot to reset it.

New version is more complex and I'm hopeful that it will thwart any attempts at a walkthrough. Part of what I wanted to do with The Roommate was to get away from the linear nature of a lot of these games. I hope you'll agree the game is better for that.

Anyway, look for the new release on Wednesday (he said, trying to sound confident...)!

The problem is when you could miss entire scenes because you had 1 less point in "dominance" or "lust or "affection". I get what the dev is trying to do, but when there is no indicator which line is affiliated with which affliction it kinda becomes like a wild wild west. Ofcourse you could play blind and choose choices based on the personality you like, but then you miss all scenes because you had -1 in trigger checks for scenes due to arbitrary design.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Or at least give us an indicator which line is affiliated with which state.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
So i'm at the 1st time we see Kari stats and it is something very strange. If i go the gentleman way and say no to sex after dinner slut=20 while if you say yes slut=10. The opposite would have been better unless we count seeing these waitress in their skimpy clothes at the pizza shop gave her 10 slut pts.

Jul 20, 2020
I just downloaded this, and I'll play it when I get home later from work. I just want to chime in on walkthroughs and why they're important to me:

I work between 65-70hrs a week, so when I sit down to enjoy the stories and characters in vn's, I rarely do a second playthrough, so I rely on walkthroughs to help me guide through choices that help me get an ending I would prefer. I also understand why the dev wants to make the game the way he does, but in my case, if there's no walkthough and it's a choice based VN, I rarely give them a try.

Also, I generally (there are some exceptions) will avoid open world/sandbox vn's like the plague as they rarely offer anything other than time wasting instead of just writing the story out in a linear fashion or use choice dialogues to determine where to go next.

That's my .02$ on the entire subject.:)

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
I have always wanted to romance a SILICONE doll.
hm. she looks ok. cute enough face without f up narrow eyes like in 2/3 of daz renders. normal body. i think i could picture her as a real person ...so yeah cannot say i have a doll vibe (like in some cases)

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes