motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
So, I'm intrigued by the story so far and I'm inclined to continue to follow it, but, I do have an issue with the MC. What would you say? Is he about 5' 2" and 135 lbs?

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
View attachment 1416638
The Roommate [v0.6.1] Walkthrough Mod
Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Download: -

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Dev, .
If you like my work, please consider supporting me on my or , check my .
Just curious if the labels were done wrong here? Makes no sense for the supportive answer to give negative points while the kinda brusque answer gives positive points.

screenshot0001.png

I mean, your labels may match what the game does and the dev just coded it wrong. Dunno.

Actually found it in the CH17.rpy file. First one is just positive on one stat and the other is one positive, 1 negative. Here is the code...

"Don't worry, you're doing great. [JCONN]":
$ lois.confidence += 10
ls "{i}He's really supportive, even when I screw up.{/i}"

"Yes, you need to get it together. [JMP8]":
$ lois.confidence -= 10
$ lois.trust += 10
ls "{i}Well, at least he's straight with me.{/i}"

Last edited:

arieshazel720

Mar 19, 2022
View attachment 1416638
The Roommate [v0.6.1] Walkthrough Mod
Features:

Installation:

Download: -

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Dev, .
If you like my work, please consider supporting me on my or , check my .
Thank you Joker, you are absolutely very helpful...

• Red Heart
Reactions: JokerLeader

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I know you must feel intimidated playing as a character that's bigger and stronger than you IRL but it's okay.
So, attack dog much? You need to get personal? Let's see... almost 20,000 posts on this site alone. I doubt if you know what real life is. I think I'll just ignore you from here. HANL

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
almost 20,000 posts on this site alone. I doubt if you know what real life is.
All I had to do there was pretend there was a global pandemic going on and that my country had gone into lockdown so I couldn't go out.

From there it was easy to sit at home and post on a forum........

So, attack dog much? You need to get personal?
It's called banter.

Now what you do is stop taking shit on a piracy site full of sex seriously.

There are enough dicks in the game without you acting like one...... see, banter.

I'm a fan of any dev who understands that males average .14m taller and 15kg heavier than females.
When that's the problem you are highlighting..... it's hard to form a serious response because it's quite ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with being short.

TRANT

Aug 22, 2017
Is there a way to avoid Kari gets a belly button piercing? I am really not fond of piercings.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Just curious if the labels were done wrong here? Makes no sense for the supportive answer to give negative points while the kinda brusque answer gives positive points.

View attachment 1769649

I mean, your labels may match what the game does and the dev just coded it wrong. Dunno.

Actually found it in the CH17.rpy file. First one is just positive on one stat and the other is one positive, 1 negative. Here is the code...
That's the Mod old version, I've updated the Mod when I add the feature for the text box, and fixed that point's error.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Taking this game for my first test drive and am curious about a couple of things...First, choosing an MC model that looks similar to Max in that...other...game. Eesh...but I'll get over it (maybe). More importantly, I'm trying to determine the logic in presenting Ashley in a manner that leads one to believe she's a fall back, yet never allowing her to be what's implied. I go see her and it's the same line over and over and no opportunity to spend time with her. I would much prefer being with her than waste time with silly masturbation renders.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Great update as I finally can show more love to Lois. She looks amazing and will continue to be my fave character.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I do have an issue with the MC. What would you say? Is he about 5' 2" and 135 lbs?
The depiction of the MC was always meant to be pretty low key so as not to draw focus away from the girls. That's why he's almost always in the same very generic clothing.

One of the things I disliked in the (very limited) experience I had with other games was the girls were always in the same clothes all the time.

He's modelled at around 6' and weighs exactly nothing. Bear in mind the girls are in heels most of the time.

It's also why I don't give him expressions in the side images - it seems like that would be telling you how you're supposed to feel.

I have seen other games where all the renders are framed to avoid MC's face completely, but I didn't want to take it quite that far.

So, those were the choices I made at the outset, they're not likely to change significantly.

mofonistik

May 19, 2020
I'm fine with MC as he is.

Any idea what may be wrong with the shower in London? I'm getting that bug, too, where you can't move past it because it asks you to select someone to fantasize about and then gives you no options. I don't want to go back to choose the other option and risk having MC die of boneritis.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Okay, a few thoughts. Thanks for the feedback (especially Master of Puppets) keep it coming. It has revealed a number of mistakes and oversights, so I think a new build would be in order this weekend.

Some things that need to be addressed.

First game. Big learning curve. Not finished. Lots still to do.

An example would be Ashley. Obviously there needs to be more content if you've made an arrangement with her so you get your (virtual) money's worth. As always, it's a matter of finding the time. The new phonebook feature is intended to facilitate things like that, but there's a lot of work to be done and numerous other areas of the game crying out for attention.

The game does now track how many times you have unprotected sex. Anything could happen...

In my rush to finally get this release out I overlooked a couple of possible paths, including at least two variants on "we should talk about this another time"

Someone mentioned the size of the trucks. I grew up in the UK. We had "artics" (articulated vehicles - which are a tractor/trailer type of thing, but they weren't the size of the big rigs you commonly see in the US). Mostly it's "lorries" like those shown or vans like Ford Transits. Many urban areas of the UK wouldn't accommodate big rigs.

I never wanted to be too explicit about Lois's past, mostly for reasons of good taste because it's a dark story. Suffice it to say that she was horribly abused by one of her drug-addled mother's boyfriends as a young girl and that affected her development and means she can't have children.

I should also point out that many of the characters in the game are (at least to some extent) based on people I've known, although I have obviously taken some liberties. In some cases they're an amalgam. Kari is a combination of a girl I had a huge crush on in school and a receptionist/PA I knew at my second job! Bree, Cassie, Carolyn, Mrs. Jakes, and a number of others are close enough that I think the people would recognize themselves! Ashley, Lois and Tilly are the only notable characters that are completely made up.

So, here's the immediate plan, or at least what I feel like are priorities:

1. Fix bugs/omissions that showed up in this version

2. Complete the story to the end of the week.

3. Intro pieces for the rest of the possible new receptionists. I hope to have all those ready for week 7 of the game.

4. Extra scenes for girls you may already be involved with, especially Ashley, Kari and Tilly (on the flight back).

5. Other stuff I can't remember right now.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes