Kisz26

May 17, 2021
Alright, I have redone the file with the fix. Now the heart icons work correctly. At least, I speedran the game from the beginning and there were no bugs. I also loaded someone’s broken save and everything works fine. Fixed the skill leveling issue. Thanks again for your participation.
the bugfix 0.2a?

gbhappiness

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
i see.. why not use gif instead?
1721843820777.png
As we can see, the GIF format is not supported. There are two options to create animation in renpy:
  1. Use webm.
  2. Split the GIF file into literally hundreds of frames (depending on the length of the animation and the desired smoothness), save each of them as an image, and then create the animation in the Ren'Py code. It will look something like this:

image1.webp
    pause 0.5
    image2.webp
    pause 0.5
    image3.webp
    pause 0.5
    image120.webp
    repeat

I used the first method.

Reactions: jotto

jotto

Mar 18, 2020
Yes, I just uploaded a file with the fix for this problem. You need to place it in the "game" folder.

Wow, you're quite the magician. I'm curious how you managed to do that if the button disappears when there's not enough experience for leveling up?
I honestly just clicked on the button that was still there. It did not disappear for me once I had fewer points than the required ones.

gbhappiness

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
I honestly just clicked on the button that was still there. It did not disappear for me once I had fewer points than the required ones.
Yes, I understand. I don't know how I didn't notice this earlier. Everything seems to be working fine with the fix now.

Reactions: jotto

jotto

Mar 18, 2020
Yes, I understand. I don't know how I didn't notice this earlier. Everything seems to be working fine with the fix now.
Yep! Just tried it and found nothing unusual. Got to the point after Sara brought us back to the cabin.
The save fixed itself, so no problem with that, and the book seemed to work now!

I really like this game and I see a lot of potential with it ^^

• Red Heart
Reactions: gbhappiness

Kisz26

May 17, 2021
View attachment 3863298
As we can see, the GIF format is not supported. There are two options to create animation in renpy:
  1. Use webm.
  2. Split the GIF file into literally hundreds of frames (depending on the length of the animation and the desired smoothness), save each of them as an image, and then create the animation in the Ren'Py code. It will look something like this:

image1.webp
    pause 0.5
    image2.webp
    pause 0.5
    image3.webp
    pause 0.5
    image120.webp
    repeat

I used the first method.
weird.. i have played a game using gif.. hmmmm.. it was RPGM game.. forgot what it was

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes