VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Secret Family [v0.2.0] [Diamond Novels]

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
this update is a complete mess with the language and writing
They said they were having trouble looking for a proper translator. English is a second language for them so they know their on the fly translation is not great. I'm more concerned about this discord crap. But that patch fivesteaks made might be just the ticket.

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Anyway, here's a patch for v2 that kills the discord integration. If they pull this crap again for v3 and this patch doesn't kill it, ping me and I'll hack it out again.
Nice job thanks. Engrish aside, there are nice renders. I would like to play it but someone mentioned there might be more questionable code? I wish the devs would say something. They started the project cause covid has made life hard for everyone including them. They were trying to make a few bucks.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Well when i notified them on their discord that it was in the game, the guy there denied any knowledge of it being in the game.

Hellster —
Just a suggestion, remove the Discord overlay you added to the game, people on F95 and other discords are not happy, since it forcibly advertises to everyone on discord that they are playing an adult game, which a lot of people won't want being displayed, probably shouldn't have been added without telling your subscribers about it first.
Their response:
Diamond:
I don't know why the coding guy put it, I'll take it down. Thank you for notifying
And shortly after when someone else said something about it:
Diamond:
I am already removing it in a couple of days we will release an actu to fix the English translation and then I will personally remove it.

So hopefully in a few days a clean version will come out, without the discord stuff added to it.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Well when i notified them on their discord that it was in the game, the guy there denied any knowledge of it being in the game.

Hellster —
Just a suggestion, remove the Discord overlay you added to the game, people on F95 and other discords are not happy, since it forcibly advertises to everyone on discord that they are playing an adult game, which a lot of people won't want being displayed, probably shouldn't have been added without telling your subscribers about it first.
Their response:
Diamond:
I don't know why the coding guy put it, I'll take it down. Thank you for notifying
Diamond:
I am already removing it in a couple of days we will release an actu to fix the English translation and then I will personally remove it.

So hopefully in a few days a clean version will come out, without the discord stuff added to it.
For slipping something like that into their code without so much as a word to warn players of its existence, has broken their level of trust at this point. So it would take a miracle to regain that trust again. Blaming it on some mysterious "coding guy" is a pretty shitty thing to do. It sounds like deny and deflect. All they need to do is own up to their 'mistake', correct the problem and insure that won't happen again. But again, there's that level of trust that's already been shattered.

Let's put it another way. If you took your PC in for repairs, picked it up when it was finished, powered up your system and lo and behold discover someone put a keylogger and/or Trojan on your system, would you take your system back to that person and trust they'd fix that? Only to find that they have absolutely no idea how that got in there in the first place and blamed it on someone else, especially if that was not the initial reasoning behind taking it in for repairs to begin with?

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020

Hellster —
Their response:
Diamond:
Diamond:

Thanks for watching out for us and confronting the Dev.

Reactions: Nitwitty

amBest

Jul 18, 2017
I would highly recommend for people to get something like notepad++ or VS Code, and edit each and every .rpy file
Find: " with dissolve"
Replace: ""
No quotation marks, just the content.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I would highly recommend for people to get something like notepad++ or VS Code, and edit each and every .rpy file
Find: " with dissolve"
Replace: ""
No quotation marks, just the content.
Any particular reason why? Most Ren'Py games have that as a way to transition to the next scene. Take DmD for example. "dissolve" is just about in every script. It's harmless. There's no reason to remove it.

albundi

Sep 1, 2017
I can't see the option "erika and stefany", is it censored ? or didn't I do all good ?
or not done yet ?

thanks for your answer and sorry if it has been said, I searched but didn't found it

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020
I can't see the option "erika and stefany", is it censored ? or didn't I do all good ?
or not done yet ?

thanks for your answer and sorry if it has been said, I searched but didn't found it
yeah, I have the same issue?

fivesteaks

Sep 22, 2016
Nice hack, however, given the reason for it being written; I'd suggest using an rpy file rather than the compressed rpyc. At least that way it's in plaintext and easier for people to view, should they be (quite reasonably) curious as to its content.

Yes, I know how to decompile an rpyc, but does everybody?
Thanks for the patch file, very nice implementation.
No worries. Here's the plaintext rpy.

davemarg

Dec 30, 2019
In order to see sexy scenes with the youngest characters your game needs to be patched. So far the MC has sex scenes with his wife only.
Thanks for the reply, where can one find the patch? It is not linked in the OP or any of the external sites (am I blind? I went through every post on first 5 pages) thx in advance

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
Thanks for the reply, where can one find the patch? It is not linked in the OP or any of the external sites (am I blind? I went through every post on first 5 pages) thx in advance
I would like to see the patch too
The game version from Patreon doesn't have the patch for obvious reason, but the version available here at f95zone is already patched.
To make sure if your version is patched look into your TheSecretFamily-0.2-pc/game folder. If you see a file named 'patch.rpa', your game is already patched.

davemarg

Dec 30, 2019
The game version from Patreon doesn't have the patch for obvious reason, but the version available here at f95zone is already patched.
To make sure if your version is patched look into your TheSecretFamily-0.2-pc/game folder. If you see a file named 'patch.rpa', your game is already patched.
Thank you for the reply. I checked as you suggested and it turns out that I have (and played through) the patched version. Now I see that mine and devs definition of a loli do not line up...

amBest

Jul 18, 2017
Any particular reason why? Most Ren'Py games have that as a way to transition to the next scene. Take DmD for example. "dissolve" is just about in every script. It's harmless. There's no reason to remove it.
I honestly feel like I'm playing on 2Ghz CPU from 2008 when every transition is a dissolve. Maybe someone has a fetish for that? IDK, won't judge.

And yes, I removed every dissolve from DMD,also.

Reactions: inshaderwetrust
3.70 star(s) 15 Votes