VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Secret Family [v0.2.0] [Diamond Novels]

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Yeah that is fucking crazy if you're paying for anything below that $15 tier you're just wasting your money because you don't get any of the current content, you will just have to wait for a public release like everyone else.
The game is going to fail for multiple reasons. The pricing is terrible (starts off at 3 dollars instead of the usual 1 with zero benefits), withholding a public release for almost 4 months does nothing but prevent your game from gaining traction anywhere. Long release times tend to have people forget easily that your game exists. This is a recipe for failure.

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
lol, im not sure what you guys are talking about. More rumors and misinformation from some of the usual people.

The LASTEST update is posted in the OP. .0.2.5 was never released to anyone...............

May 14, 2020
lol, im not sure what you guys are talking about. More rumors and misinformation from some of the usual people.

The LASTEST update is posted in the OP. .0.2.5 was never released to anyone...............
Please read a bit before you respond...

The current update 0.2 is still not released publicly on patreon, that's what they're talking about.

This is a pirate site so what's in the OP here doesn't matter, it could be the public version, leaked version, sometimes there are games with patreon versions that are leaked here.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
abandon*
i'm pretty sure its because they are re-working on a the same game with a different name and now charging 30$ a month instead of 15$
Does it now have 5G cell service? For $30/month it better have 5G or a streaming TV service bundled. I could see an established creator maybe being worth that much but for this?

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
It was dead in the water as soon as they decided that including malware was a good idea.
Not really malware, was discord integration, so it would show that you are playing it when you are on discord, shitty thing to do without telling anyone, but no malware

Reactions: pgm_01

renice

Jun 30, 2017
Not really malware, was discord integration, so it would show that you are playing it when you are on discord, shitty thing to do without telling anyone, but no malware
Pretty much the definition of malware then.
It did something no other renpy games does, so a user would not be expecting it. It does it without notifying the user in advance. It wont launch if you simply delete those files, and it's behaviour not required for the game, not beneficial to the user and only beneficial to the developers.

Reactions: Kond

Qwerfy

Jan 17, 2018
Pretty much the definition of malware then.
It did something no other renpy games does, so a user would not be expecting it. It does it without notifying the user in advance. It wont launch if you simply delete those files, and it's behaviour not required for the game, not beneficial to the user and only beneficial to the developers.
Fair point but this is just a lesson to not have an option enabled that lets people view whatever the fuck you're doing whenever they want.

Masoot

Sep 3, 2021
I'm downloading for her
Sorry to necro your post but that model looks incredibly similar to the one used in The Quest [v0.1] [Stylestudios] ; if that is of some interest to you.

It's my first day here and I'm just reading through a tonne of threads and trying to be helpful where possible. If I'm doing something wrong then please reprimand me early on here so I can adjust my ways going forward.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
haha lmao..didn't even notice...
well spotted...
So I reckon then...this game is abandoned?
I guess it is abandoned but only the dev can tell.
The new game looks good but has the same problem like this one, bad English.

Reactions: BTLD

jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
Question:
Diamond Novels was writing Secret Family, right? Have they split from Nightaku? Nightaku was doing the renders, right? Just trying to figure out the relationship between SF and Oh, Daddy.

Reactions: $@~ and pgm_01
3.70 star(s) 15 Votes