4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think the point is for her to end up with someone else.

The MC is not a likeable character, neither is his friend.

I went the Tony route. Despite him being a bit weird with the I love you comment he at least looks like he wants to make her happy.

Her current husband isn't doing a good job of that.

I'll never condone cheating but I will condone leaving relationships that don't make you happy. Lifes to short for that shit.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
What I see many times with devs, is that they struggle to deal with criticism.
Which is mostly understandable as like you wrote a lot of it is toxic and even if it's not toxic and actually constructive, it's still your creative baby, which is getting crucified (in some cases).
Though what pains me is that so many of you concentrate on the most vile, most stupid, totally unfounded parts of the criticism, literally the worst of it.

Like your example, that's not to be taken in any way seriously, it's just a toxic troll crapping on someone else's work.

I hope your personal life works for you and that you might find it in you to return to your games sometime.
I've always thought you had a unique approach and told stories definitely out of the usual tropes and clichés.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I was going to give this a go but after reading the comments and considering that the dev decided to say fuck it, I'll just slide this on over to my "let it be" pile. Not really a fan of multiple protags or female protags anyway but I did like the devs other games. Ah well.

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
Wow that really is shitty ... to abandon the work one update short to the end! I mean there were and are enough people who liked his game and supported him with words and least ... and they will feel kind of betrayed. Lets face it there will always be controversial discussions around a game ... that is the nature and purpose of such sides as f95 so just don´t sweat over it dev!!

Iceridlah

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2017
I'm not stopping over criticism. I was only venting. Weeks have passed and I haven't had time or energy to finish The Seed with it being so close to done. I really wanted to finish it. I still do.

Well, to be honest it's more than only time. Sometimes you simply don't have any quiet time or personal time to work on anything. I have so much on my plate these days. Really can't say more than that without making this too personal.

Also if anyone out there reading didn't figure it out already Gwen was really pushing Dani because she wants Dani to divorce Simon, but knew she'd never do it willingly.

Dec 21, 2018
I'm not stopping over criticism. I was only venting. Weeks have passed and I haven't had time or energy to finish The Seed with it being so close to done. I really wanted to finish it. I still do.

Well, to be honest it's more than only time. Sometimes you simply don't have any quiet time or personal time to work on anything. I have so much on my plate these days. Really can't say more than that without making this too personal.

Also if anyone out there reading didn't figure it out already Gwen was really pushing Dani because she wants Dani to divorce Simon, but knew she'd never do it willingly.
Please finish it. No matter how long it takes, I want to see some closure. The text just simply doesn't do the game justice. I love the characters (even Simon for being a twat).

Again, I know you have a lot going on right now. I just hope you'll get through it bit by bit. What will it take for you to actually finish it?

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
That's a real shame Iceridlah . Having played (skipped through) a lot of games on this site, I'd say yours was a cut above the rest in terms of renders and story beats and branching narrative.

Best of luck in your future endeavours.

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes