SeptCloud

Creator of The Seven Realms
Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Currently the update speed is frankly astounding… can you keep something like this up or do you see it slowing down to the more standard multi-month dev time?
So we don't want to commit to a 'specific' release schedule detailing individual dates so as to not disappoint people if we miss a date by a day or two.

Our aim, which we believe is sustainable for us, is to keep up regular releases at a similar pace to what you have seen recently. We already know that some updates may take a little bit longer to produce, but not by much.

In between realms (of which there will be 7 *no shit*), we will likely take a little bit longer (maybe a maximum of around two months) between releases for several reasons:

- To give us a short break to ensure that we don't burn out.​
- Allow us some time to get ahead on the writing of the parts of the story that have not yet been written.​
- Preparing ourselves, and putting things in place for the next realm, such as locating the relevant assets to use, planning and preparing future parts of the code, to ensure that going into the next realm, we are able to comfortably maintain a speedy release schedule.​

Obviously, there is the possibility that things may change in the future for whatever reason, but that's not the plan. At the moment we have planned enough in advance that we feel comfortable that we can maintain a release schedule as detailed above, and this is the schedule that we would really like to maintain :)

Sep 3, 2020
So we don't want to commit to a 'specific' release schedule detailing individual dates so as to not disappoint people if we miss a date by a day or two.

Our aim, which we believe is sustainable for us, is to keep up regular releases at a similar pace to what you have seen recently. We already know that some updates may take a little bit longer to produce, but not by much.

In between realms (of which there will be 7 *no shit*), we will likely take a little bit longer (maybe a maximum of around two months) between releases for several reasons:

- To give us a short break to ensure that we don't burn out.​
- Allow us some time to get ahead on the writing of the parts of the story that have not yet been written.​
- Preparing ourselves, and putting things in place for the next realm, such as locating the relevant assets to use, planning and preparing future parts of the code, to ensure that going into the next realm, we are able to comfortably maintain a speedy release schedule.​

Obviously, there is the possibility that things may change in the future for whatever reason, but that's not the plan. At the moment we have planned enough in advance that we feel comfortable that we can maintain a release schedule as detailed above, and this is the schedule that we would really like to maintain :)
just don't burn yourself out

honestly, I don't mind waiting 3 or 4 months for an update

when some other games take about six months to a year

I don't mind waiting however long it takes as long as the developer

does not go radio silent

and keep giving regular updates I don't mind waiting

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
keep up regular releases at a similar pace to what you have seen recently
And that is? I haven't seen it recently as this wasn't on my radar so if you would be so kind as to give an exact number?
Don't worry about that too much. If you think you'll be able to get away with everyone's love and understanding you weren't paying attention in this past year you've been around the very least.

• Hey there
Reactions: SeptCloud

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
just don't burn yourself out

honestly, I don't mind waiting 3 or 4 months for an update

when some other games take about six months to a year

I don't mind waiting however long it takes as long as the developer

does not go radio silent

and keep giving regular updates I don't mind waiting
Thanks! I know that realistically we could allow ourselves more time between releases, but at the moment, we're really enjoying it and we have a good routine that is allowing us to remain productive without completely killing ourselves. We're busy that's for sure, but we're really eager to share our game and story with you all :) but of course, if it were to get to the stage of it being too much for us, we would communicate this to manage expectations!

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
And that is? I haven't seen it recently as this wasn't on my radar so if you would be so kind as to give an exact number?

Don't worry about that too much. If you think you'll be able to get away with everyone's love and understanding you weren't paying attention in this past year you've been around the very least.
Of course, no problem :) So we released two updates last month and two updates this month (1st & 15th of April / 1st & 15th of May - it just so happens that it's been the same dates two months in a row :ROFLMAO: ). Of course, it depends on play speed, but from our playtests and a few other players letting us know, our first update was approximately one hour in length and the subsequent ones have been around 30 minutes each.

And yeah, good point :LOL:

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Nice update!

So Atlas was friends with Odysseus. You know it would be funny if Leyala was a hardcore historian and would force Atlas to write down the complete history of Europe for the last 2500 years. :geek:
Haha, it's not really been established much yet, but Leyala is a bit of a nerd, so she'd probably love that :geek: I'm so glad to see you pick up on the mention of Odysseus though, you're the first person to bring the name-drop up :D

Sep 3, 2020
Haha, it's not really been established much yet, but Leyala is a bit of a nerd, so she'd probably love that :geek: I'm so glad to see you pick up on the mention of Odysseus though, you're the first person to bring the name-drop up :D
Odysseus I knew that name sounded familiar

technically I can't read books but I like to look up YouTube videos about stories and myths

I'm surprised I didn't pick up on that

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Haha, I totally agree, that it wouldn't be feasible at all to fit that many characters over such a short amount of time, especially as we want to show them all as developed characters with their own unique personalities and backstories. We estimate that each realm will take between 10 - 13 updates and we have 7 realms in total. So the girls will all be introduced gradually over the course of the game, allowing each of them their part in the main story before having the ability to pursue their optional paths later in the game.

That's part of why we're working hard to have a speedy release schedule. We acknowledge that this will be a long game, so we really don't want to drag it out for too long :) so come the end, we may be at version 0.70 before we reach version 1.0 :D
Please say Timeo's sister is one of them... :D We "NEED" a Werewolf lass.

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
The Idea of those time jumps is great ... it lets the story progress so much faster ... BUT it´s also slightly confusing
-> at the end of 0.3 the MC asked his mates to set up a meeting with the blond Vampire to be questioned about the attack on his soul bond girl and also to interrogate the guards who where absent during this attack (by player choice)
-> now in 0.4 and after a time jump 2 weeks later there was no further story about those 2 scenes ... what happened with the guards and more interestingly what happened with the blond vampire???
I cant imagine the MC would let this slide for 2 weeks ... not if it is about his soul bond girl ...

So please SeptCloud dont make such time jumps story wise if the story scene is not finished or concluded ... if you know what I mean. Bring at least a conclusion to a scene before jumping again so far - imo 2 or 3 days would be more believable than 2 weeks if you as MC wanna know what happened to your soul bond girl and more importantly why ^^

But beside this small flaw I wanna say your game is great ... I see a lot of potential in story (with 7! realms) and with different + unique characters ...
I´m sooo looking forward for further updates :)

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I wish Leyala had asked about who the most famous people he has fucked instead of how many people he fucked during the pool game. Would be funny if he said something like "I can assure you that Jeanne d'Arc was most definitely not a virgin" :cool:

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
You didn't know who Odysseus is? Goddamit, i'm feeling so freaking old right now :oops: I've actually read Iliad and then Odyssey. But that happened in the past century :sneaky::coffee:
well like I said I have a reading disability and I can't read

but I know who he was from YouTube videos

what can I say I love mitts and fairy tales

:LOL:
Well, it's not necessarily that Odysseus ;) there will be the chance to learn more about Atlas' relationship with this Odysseus character in future updates, so I will say no more :censored:

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Please say Timeo's sister is one of them... :D We "NEED" a Werewolf lass.
Ah, my bad, I was meant to link you to our website in my last reply but I forgot to!

If you click into each of the realms on our , then you can take a look through the character sheets of a lot of the future characters (including all of the currently planned girls) to put faces to names and to learn a little bit more about them :)

(His sister is one of them)

Reactions: PPLayer and Repuci

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
The Idea of those time jumps is great ... it lets the story progress so much faster ... BUT it´s also slightly confusing
-> at the end of 0.3 the MC asked his mates to set up a meeting with the blond Vampire to be questioned about the attack on his soul bond girl and also to interrogate the guards who where absent during this attack (by player choice)
-> now in 0.4 and after a time jump 2 weeks later there was no further story about those 2 scenes ... what happened with the guards and more interestingly what happened with the blond vampire???
I cant imagine the MC would let this slide for 2 weeks ... not if it is about his soul bond girl ...

So please SeptCloud dont make such time jumps story wise if the story scene is not finished or concluded ... if you know what I mean. Bring at least a conclusion to a scene before jumping again so far - imo 2 or 3 days would be more believable than 2 weeks if you as MC wanna know what happened to your soul bond girl and more importantly why ^^

But beside this small flaw I wanna say your game is great ... I see a lot of potential in story (with 7! realms) and with different + unique characters ...
I´m sooo looking forward for further updates :)
Thank you, I'm glad that you're enjoying the game and appreciate the use of time jumps :)

That's a fair point that you raise regarding the interrogation of the guards and Laureen. Within the game's dialogue it has not been specifically addressed just yet, but behind the scenes (within the game's code), things have been altered, your choice has been recorded and this has had an impact in the background. In the context of the game, it is Tasha that is handling this interrogation and Atlas has been preoccupied with helping Timeo, but your choice is due to be referenced again at a later point :D

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
I wish Leyala had asked about who the most famous people he has fucked instead of how many people he fucked during the pool game. Would be funny if he said something like "I can assure you that Jeanne d'Arc was most definitely not a virgin" :cool:
Haha, I love it. We missed a trick there :ROFLMAO:

4.20 star(s) 103 Votes