dingo4life

Oct 20, 2016
Well with regards to more management focused games like this, smaller and more "generic" quests are completely fine. Like they don't need deep lore unless you are introducing a new character or new mechanic. A little side note here on the topic of introducing characters, I know Patreon won't let you, but incest is already popular, ad the possibility of incest with NTR and you practically cornered a market but that is just my cold capitalist heart speaking, anyways. So going with a typical x wants you to help get y so you can get z is honestly fine in a lot of cases. I don't know shit about programming but maybe once a character get popular enough some of the other guys also want to take them down, might help with the house situation, since suddenly every guy in town is on their ass, handing you quests to help reduce their popularity.

In any case, glad to see it's still chugging along.

Versta

Sep 27, 2021
Damn, it's a very ambitious and complex concept...it's almost like you want to have routines and some kind of autonomy on each character, and just think about that gives me a headache. I wish you good luck and the best for your game.

Greetings from a fellow latin-american dev
Yes, it is quite ambitious. But it is possible trying to program it with an approach similar to "object oriented" where each character is the same object, and things vary according to the personality they have assigned through variables.

It's my first sugarcube game so the code is "spaghetti", and I have to focus on improving it little by little and documenting it - but it's on the right track.

Si quieres conversar en algún momento sobre desarrollo o cualquier cuestión, podes pasarte por el discord :)

Reactions: x0run and Rafster

Versta

Sep 27, 2021
This mode of story telling is great and I would love to see it turn to NTR competition but having it unbalanced for some of the guys. Knowing that one of the guys is using something unfair like hypnosis to make the girls addicted to him and brainwash them to his harem one by one would be amazing while you try to steal them back or block him.
What a good idea! unfortunately I didn't focus the game on powers like hypnosis yet - but it will be perfectly possible to add it somehow. It will just take me longer, the game is not yet in a condition for such customization. (the idea is to make it optional)

For the moment there is some competition, as some characters grow strong fast. Maybe I can add difficulties to make that easier or harder :) everything will be more evident when game allows to visualize the scenes between other characters. soon!

Well with regards to more management focused games like this, smaller and more "generic" quests are completely fine. Like they don't need deep lore unless you are introducing a new character or new mechanic. A little side note here on the topic of introducing characters, I know Patreon won't let you, but incest is already popular, ad the possibility of incest with NTR and you practically cornered a market but that is just my cold capitalist heart speaking, anyways. So going with a typical x wants you to help get y so you can get z is honestly fine in a lot of cases. I don't know shit about programming but maybe once a character get popular enough some of the other guys also want to take them down, might help with the house situation, since suddenly every guy in town is on their ass, handing you quests to help reduce their popularity.

In any case, glad to see it's still chugging along.
Thanks!
Regarding that I have to think about it. Thanks for your idea. I initially discarded that possibility, not because of patreon but because of some personal things that would make me uncomfortable with that - but in the future it should be possible. The character lives alone but could visit his family somewhere, another city or country, and stay for 1 or 2 weeks while the rival characters are still growing up in montevideo. And then it's all up to the player. Not mandatory. That following my idea of being able to go on "vacation" to places that unlock mini-games - will take a while, maybe for version 0.6 or 0.7.

About this: " but maybe once a character get popular enough some of the other guys also want to take them down, might help with the house situation, since suddenly every guy in town is on their ass, handing you quests to help reduce their popularity." - Just yesterday before going to sleep I was thinking about that idea. And if those quests are generated automatically even better. I'm already starting with that :)

Reactions: dingo4life

Versta

Sep 27, 2021
How can active the ntr route?
NTR is activated by default, especially in the intro.
It can be deactivated, but I have not yet finished developing this module. Soon the character will be able to have girlfriend (any character) and manipulate other relationships (example: you can make tatiana break up with samuel, and then make tatiana your girlfriend if your relationship and attractiveness is enough). Or if Tatiana has a good relationship with Isaac, she can become Isaac's girlfriend.). NTR can happen automatically by the nature of the game (it will depend on player's choices, too) but it can be disabled for those who don't like NTR.

Unfortunately this may take me 1 or 2 more weeks, as I need to change some parts of the code. But it will be a very good and fun module - and the most important thing is that this has to make sense, I don't want it to be random.

I am currently working hard on the game mechanics. When I finish those things, I will add many new scenes each version.

Thanks!

Reactions: Goobercreek

Versta

Sep 27, 2021
Working on version 0.3 - will be released this Sunday or Monday, if possible.

A new automatic quest system is already 90% complete.The game will have quests that belong to the game story, and custom quests (OPTIONAL) that can be infinitely generated by the user, and will correspond to help improve character attributes and generic stories.

1633534030317.png

In each version I will add more possibilities to the custom quests. The character will have rewards for completing these

There will also be a new module with many possibilities, but that is in process.

Stay tuned!

Goobercreek

Aug 6, 2016
Will you be able to pump the NPC's relations with each other? Like, Say you want Mayra to cheat on her boyfriend, but not necessarily with you?

Versta

Sep 27, 2021
Will you be able to pump the NPC's relations with each other? Like, Say you want Mayra to cheat on her boyfriend, but not necessarily with you?
Your question got me thinking about two things, so I'll mention both:

1) Mayra can cheat on Luca. I don't want it to be with me, but with another character

1633567255000.png

This happens naturally. I still have to enable the possibility to see the scenes, no matter which characters are involved. Version 0.4 will have a strong progress on this. And you will always have the option to avoid fucking her.

In this example where I simulated the game for 20 days, Mayra fucked her boyfriend Luca at the gym, and the next day she fucked Jason on the beach at night.

This seems random but it is not completely random. Anyway there is still a lot of improvement to be made. I want to make it much more logical and I want the character to be able to have more influence when manipulating the characters. I will dedicate a whole patch to improve this, probably next week.

To fuck each other they must have a high relationship. But the characters should not have to increase their relationship with everyone. Maybe Luca decides to get along badly with Vero (for example), then he should not increase his relationship fast.

In version 0.2 I added the possibility of decreasing the relationship of the characters with each other (i.e, making Mayra lose relationship with Luca) - I should add the option to increase relationships. That would help to facilitate or hinder sex events between them.

2) I want Mayra to be unfaithful but in case she is my girlfriend at some point, I don't want her to be unfaithful.

There is a "faithful" variable that is in place but I have not yet included it as a factor. I should have done it from the beginning, but I will do it for version 0.4 probably.

The idea is basic, but sufficient: you can manipulate the fidelity of each character; whether it's your girlfriend or not. If her fidelity is 100, she will never be unfaithful. In a simulation as "realistic" as possible, that number should not be static, but I think the best option is to let the player manipulate and standardize those values to adjust the game to his tastes.

Sorry for the long answer but I hope you got the idea and how it will work in the short term.

Thanks!

Reactions: Goobercreek

Versta

Sep 27, 2021
this game is amazing, please, continue s2
Update to v0.3 is coming! I actually wanted to release it yesterday. But I added a lot of things and I didn't want to leave it unfinished...

I will try to upload it tonight or tomorrow (Monday 12:09 here). On weekdays I have a lot of work in Rl but I will take the free times to be productive. In this version the first parallel story is added. My idea is that the player, in addition to the original story, can buy tickets and go to another country on vacation (7, 14 or 21 game days). In each country a parallel story is developed., BUT in Montevideo things still happen, the NPCs will go on with their lives (so in the future you will have to be careful with that if you have a girlfriend and the NTR activated :p)

The idea of this is to have many mini-games in the same game. When you go to another country, it doesn't matter so much the attributes you use in Montevideo, but you will need other things (example: "respect") to make it more easy. For these things I will need the creativity of those who want to play this game. Basically the possibilities are endless :)

The original plot was also updated. That is why the update takes a little longer

Thanks!

Versta

Sep 27, 2021
SHADOWS OF FRIENDSHIP - V0.3 UPDATE (EARLY ACCESS!)

Hello everyone! version 0.3 is ready, but EARLY ACCESS (public). Pls those who wants to play please know that there may be bugs. I added too many things separately and due to some time constraints bugs or some weird stuff may appear (unlikely, but it can happen). From this update I start to prepare a patch for some content which I decided to remove at the last minute so that no parts would be left incomplete.. i'm publishing it today because I want to keep the weekly updates and actually it's enough content to be a separate version.

My mistake, perhaps from lack of experience, was to add too many things separately. To respect the timing, I will start prioritizing things for updates.

WHAT'S NEW?

NEW SCENES:
Dafne +10 new videos
Mayra +10 new videos
Tatiana +14 new videos
Vero +19 new videos

The weight increased by approximately 300 mb because many of these videos are long (from 30 seconds to 2 or 3 minutes).
Note: The videos are webm and I will not be able to prioritize 720p+ videos as my long term intention is that the game will have too much content. Maybe there will be an HD version at some point. Very far in the future.

NEW LOCATIONS:
Bank added
United States

NEW SYSTEMS:
- PHONE:
1634075021705.png

For now with some generic interactions. At the moment it serves to invite characters to places and know where they are. But it's dynamic, so if anyone has a suggestion, feel free to send me a msg in discord. I will be working to keep the conversations going and not disappear.

- END RELATIONSHIPS OF OTHERS CHARACTERS

You don't like that Tatiana is Samuel's girlfriend? ok, with enough charisma and intelligence you can manipulate Tatiana to end that relationship. I didn't have time to add the entire system this weekend, but soon new relationships will be generated (it will be very rare, but if Tatiana breaks up with Samuel, after a few weeks she could be another character's girlfriend, in case they get along very well). and also the player will be able to have a girlfriend.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- DYNAMIC QUESTS
I had already mentioned it in a previous post, but now its possible to generate infinite quests. I didn't add too much in the first version. But basically the female characters with worse stats will ask you for help to improve. Soon I will include all the characters and more dynamic quests.

- INVITATIONS
From the phone you can invite any of your contacts to the location where you are. This way you can increase your relationship with them or increase their stats (e.g. picnic in the park increases charisma, gym improves fitness, beach improves popularity).

- TRANSFER MONEY
If you like a character very much, male or female, you can donate money to them from the bank. With that money they will buy gifts or personal things, so they will eventually improve their attributes or relationship with others. This can also be useful for money quests. Obviously if you donate money to them, except for Luca, you will increase your relationship.

- SEE SCENES OF OTHER CHARACTERS

For those who like it, now the events are viewable. I have not yet worked on customizing them and making them more dynamic, since there are 25 different combinations. But at least you will be able to see videos and the names. There's a lot of work left to do on that part, but at least you'll be able to jerk off. And soon I will have to add the option to disable those logs for those who don't like it.

The next patch will have many updates on that topic. Infidelities and sexual relationships between other characters will be much more logical and can be manipulated by the player.

1634076149855.png

- CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION

is still lacking in this area. But at least now you can decide what stats to start with, whether with more charisma, intelligence, money, popularity, attractiveness...

- VACATIONS

The most promising system. Because it will allow many mini-games within the same game and it will be possible to include any idea or any category. Even fantasy. Very customizable because the player decides where to travel. For this there will be a travel agency, where you will have to pay enough money to go 7, 10, 14 or 21 days to a selected location.

WHILE YOU ARE ON VACATION, IN MONTEVIDEO THINGS KEEP HAPPENING. So in the future you will have to be careful if you are in a couple or if you are competing with an NPC. You can talk with the montevideo npc from your phone.

The first available location is the United States, where a not very original story takes place: schoolgirls. But I am open to suggestions to increase my creativity.

NEW CHARACTERS AVAILABLE IN USA
- Charles (maybe you new best friend)
- Michael
- Charlotte (just 1 scene)
- Brittany (just 1 scene, charles gf - no cheating atm)
- Alyssa
- Alexia
- Sophia

I have many ideas for this section. So there will be updates. It is difficult because it is literally a game inside another game, but I promise not to leave it behind.

What I didn't try, and I ask you guys please don't do it either lol, is to travel again. I don't know why I didn't try it, I'm an idiot. But there should be no bugs, the story should stay exactly the same. THAT'S THE IDEA. Go back and you can continue with your progress.

There are a few more things but I must leave in hurry. I will update the changelog and fix this post in about 3 hours.

I forgot to update the credits and the message at the beginning but it is only an early access so it will be updated soon. Anyway it's a minor detail. What I'm interested in as much as possible is to know if you find any bugs or any problems before the official release of the version

Please, know that there is a possibility of bugs and I remain attentive to your comments, by discord or here. The game is progressing well, my intention is that within two weeks the version will be considered BETA and not alpha, and start uploading it to different platforms to improve our community.
Today marks 14 days since the first launch. Thank to all of you for your support!

DOWNLOAD
All: - -

Last edited:

Versta

Sep 27, 2021
You're one of the best devs on this site. I hope you're able to keep pulling off these releases, I'm just scared that you hit a feature bloat wall and can't push through.
Thank you very much! the key is that, to be constant with the updates. The game already has what I need to make it bigger without problems. I just need to develop 3 complex systems and everything will be ready to scale indefinitely .Once I finish them, I will surely prepare the 1.0 version and make the game available on other online platforms.

There are things I did under 'bad practices' in the beginning because at that time I didn't know that sugarcube allowed those features - now that I know, I'm correcting them little by little. There will be no problem in getting the game to meet all that is required.

The problem is that there are areas I'm not good at (e.g. writing stories) and I'll have to improve those skills :p. I also have to optimize my time better since my real job is very demanding.

Again thank you very much and soon there will be some surprises with v0.4!

x0run

Mar 27, 2019
SHADOWS OF FRIENDSHIP - V0.3 UPDATE (EARLY ACCESS!)

Hello everyone! version 0.3 is ready, but EARLY ACCESS (public). Pls those who wants to play please know that there may be bugs. I added too many things separately and due to some time constraints bugs or some weird stuff may appear (unlikely, but it can happen). From this update I start to prepare a patch for some content which I decided to remove at the last minute so that no parts would be left incomplete.. i'm publishing it today because I want to keep the weekly updates and actually it's enough content to be a separate version.

My mistake, perhaps from lack of experience, was to add too many things separately. To respect the timing, I will start prioritizing things for updates.

WHAT'S NEW?

NEW SCENES:
Dafne +10 new videos
Mayra +10 new videos
Tatiana +14 new videos
Vero +19 new videos

The weight increased by approximately 300 mb because many of these videos are long (from 30 seconds to 2 or 3 minutes).
Note: The videos are webm and I will not be able to prioritize 720p+ videos as my long term intention is that the game will have too much content. Maybe there will be an HD version at some point. Very far in the future.

NEW LOCATIONS:
Bank added
United States

NEW SYSTEMS:
- PHONE:
View attachment 1449945

For now with some generic interactions. At the moment it serves to invite characters to places and know where they are. But it's dynamic, so if anyone has a suggestion, feel free to send me a msg in discord. I will be working to keep the conversations going and not disappear.

- END RELATIONSHIPS OF OTHERS CHARACTERS

You don't like that Tatiana is Samuel's girlfriend? ok, with enough charisma and intelligence you can manipulate Tatiana to end that relationship. I didn't have time to add the entire system this weekend, but soon new relationships will be generated (it will be very rare, but if Tatiana breaks up with Samuel, after a few weeks she could be another character's girlfriend, in case they get along very well). and also the player will be able to have a girlfriend.

- DYNAMIC QUESTS
I had already mentioned it in a previous post, but now its possible to generate infinite quests. I didn't add too much in the first version. But basically the female characters with worse stats will ask you for help to improve. Soon I will include all the characters and more dynamic quests.

- INVITATIONS
From the phone you can invite any of your contacts to the location where you are. This way you can increase your relationship with them or increase their stats (e.g. picnic in the park increases charisma, gym improves fitness, beach improves popularity).

- TRANSFER MONEY
If you like a character very much, male or female, you can donate money to them from the bank. With that money they will buy gifts or personal things, so they will eventually improve their attributes or relationship with others. This can also be useful for money quests. Obviously if you donate money to them, except for Luca, you will increase your relationship.

- SEE SCENES OF OTHER CHARACTERS

For those who like it, now the events are viewable. I have not yet worked on customizing them and making them more dynamic, since there are 25 different combinations. But at least you will be able to see videos and the names. There's a lot of work left to do on that part, but at least you'll be able to jerk off. And soon I will have to add the option to disable those logs for those who don't like it.

The next patch will have many updates on that topic. Infidelities and sexual relationships between other characters will be much more logical and can be manipulated by the player.

View attachment 1449965

- CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION

is still lacking in this area. But at least now you can decide what stats to start with, whether with more charisma, intelligence, money, popularity, attractiveness...

- VACATIONS

The most promising system. Because it will allow many mini-games within the same game and it will be possible to include any idea or any category. Even fantasy. Very customizable because the player decides where to travel. For this there will be a travel agency, where you will have to pay enough money to go 7, 10, 14 or 21 days to a selected location.

WHILE YOU ARE ON VACATION, IN MONTEVIDEO THINGS KEEP HAPPENING. So in the future you will have to be careful if you are in a couple or if you are competing with an NPC. You can talk with the montevideo npc from your phone.

The first available location is the United States, where a not very original story takes place: schoolgirls. But I am open to suggestions to increase my creativity.

NEW CHARACTERS AVAILABLE IN USA
- Charles (maybe you new best friend)
- Michael
- Charlotte (just 1 scene)
- Brittany (just 1 scene, charles gf - no cheating atm)
- Alyssa
- Alexia
- Sophia

I have many ideas for this section. So there will be updates. It is difficult because it is literally a game inside another game, but I promise not to leave it behind.

What I didn't try, and I ask you guys please don't do it either lol, is to travel again. I don't know why I didn't try it, I'm an idiot. But there should be no bugs, the story should stay exactly the same. THAT'S THE IDEA. Go back and you can continue with your progress.

There are a few more things but I must leave in hurry. I will update the changelog and fix this post in about 3 hours.

I forgot to update the credits and the message at the beginning but it is only an early access so it will be updated soon. Anyway it's a minor detail. What I'm interested in as much as possible is to know if you find any bugs or any problems before the official release of the version

Please, know that there is a possibility of bugs and I remain attentive to your comments, by discord or here. The game is progressing well, my intention is that within two weeks the version will be considered BETA and not alpha, and start uploading it to different platforms to improve our community.
Today marks 14 days since the first launch. Thank to all of you for your support!

DOWNLOAD
All: MEGA - -
Thank you for being a great and consistent dev!

Versta

Sep 27, 2021
Thank you for being a great and consistent dev!
Thanks! the next updates will be a little more organized than this one :)
btw accidentally uploaded a backup, and not the original. anyway, the only things left out are some dialogues with mayra and organizing the last videos with Martina. They are there, but all together. I will update the index.html file this week. Small thing.

bruce19

May 5, 2020
It is really a very good beginning. The idea of the game is unique and interesting.
I am looking forward to new updates.

Reactions: Versta

Versta

Sep 27, 2021
patching of some small bugs and grammar corrections. Just replace the index.html file with this new file. Thanks @voracyn! - there may still be some small problems. When I finish working I will continue to fix them :)

fixed:
mayra double-scene
the pub opened 1 hour later
grocery store could not be visited
mayra & luca forced scene

Reactions: Dixon Butz

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Bug 0.3

time schedule

The places for the NPS are to random and they are on places you kicked out. Midnight in the library no problems. Why should be a girl by a mans house when she is not togehter with him and he is at the pub? When I am lucky I can meet a girl before Midnight in her room when not after Midnight till she go to work. Realistic is that not. Aso why should a girl around 22:00 pm be at the beach alone to the early morning it makes no sence.

Nancy7

Sep 30, 2017
Keep up the good work dude. I would like to give you 5 stars but im just too lazy to write 200 characters lol. Cheersss <:)

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes