VN Ren'Py The Silver Lining [v0.8] [Namuswill]

4.80 star(s) 21 Votes

MrAnarchy

Aug 22, 2022
Thanks to everyone for your feedback, there's a lot of cool stuff that's been suggested that's defeinitly gonna shape the game!

I wanted to clear some things up so people won't be mislead:

1. Incest will not be in the game. Earlier i already made that clear, but said it could be added after release as a patch. After thinking about it i realized it wasn't something i would enjoy writing or drawing so it won't be added into the game in any form.

2. Non-con. I was considering adding this, but again after reading some comments and thinking about it i realized it's just not something that i can see being added into the game in a way that i consider let's call it "tastefull". I don't want to add a rape scene only to brush it off in the next update, but if i were to add it in a meaningful way i also feel like exploration of that topic would overpower the main plot and take it in a direction that i did not intend. Rough sex, prostitution etc. will be in the game, non-con will not. So yeah, non-con is not coming either.

3. Beastiality ain't coming. Just not my thing.

4. All the tags and stuff that will appear though, will depend on player choice. As in i will do my best to not force you into situations and still allow you to enjoy certain routes without engagin in associated tags.

No kink shaming intended, just wanted to make a concrete desicion on these topics to not mislead people who were interested soley in these kinks or mostly followed for those.
As someone who likes non-con, I think you could add some blackmail and coercion without going all the way to rape.
I think blackmail, coercion, and maybe some “sex that gets rougher or more extreme than intended” is as far as you need to go into non con.

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
As someone who likes non-con, I think you could add some blackmail and coercion without going all the way to rape.
I think blackmail, coercion, and maybe some “sex that gets rougher or more extreme than intended” is as far as you need to go into non con.
I'm with you. I think it fits the period too... The sexual harassment law went into effect in 1964, this is the 1940's. It's actually legal at the time. Realistically speaking, I would be surprised it DOESN'T happen if a desperate girl works for a scummy guy.

Non-con is such a hot topic that the story should either embrace it, or just avoid it. You shrink the audience if you go exclusively one way or the either. Trying to play the middle ground often is worse where both sides are unhappy. It's possible to play the middle ground, it's just hard.

Personally I would embrace it because that's what happened during this era. It would be immersive, as sad as it is.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
FUCK NO. i hate non con. romance only for me. and i play only lesbian path so i just want more girls. If it is remotely going into themes i dont like i drop the support.
The Dev already said they intend to keep this a game based on the choices made by the player, so while I wholeheartedly agree that it would be shitty as hell if suddenly there was unavoidable stuff with especially male NPCs I don't feel as if this is something we need to really worry about.

Edit: Just to be clear: In my eyes it's fine to have Non-Con as long as it is only by player's choices, but it's a no-go if it is mandatory or blocks the access to other content.

• Angry
Reactions: Losersriot

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
The setting, the characters, the script, the art.. that's all so fucking beautiful and sweet I actually don't care about the naughty bits :D

(except I'm obviously against those usual 'people' already wanting to dictate what the dev should include in his game.. fuck them)

Namuswill : if you can pls open a Subscribestar account, I'd like to support you there (and you wouldn't have to deal with 'people' reporting you on Patreon)

Last edited:

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
The setting, the characters, the script, the art.. that's all so fucking beautiful and sweet I actually don't care about the naughty bits :D

(except I'm obviously against those usual 'people' already wanting to dictate what the dev should include in his game.. fuck them)

Namuswill : if you can pls open a Subscribestar account, I'd like to support you there (and you wouldn't have to deal with 'people' reporting you on Patreon)
It's true that this game could just as well not include explicit bits and it would still be very intriguing. And you are also right about the part of (better not) telling the Dev what to do and what not to do. It's just that obviously it makes a big difference if things are up to the player's decision or just thrown at them, no matter what. So it's hard to keep the fingers still when reading comments who try to get the Dev to throw that out the window and turn this into a story about the protag getting pushed around, abused (and worse) no matter the choices made.

• Angry
Reactions: Losersriot

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
It's true that this game could just as well not include explicit bits and it would still be very intriguing. And you are also right about the part of (better not) telling the Dev what to do and what not to do. It's just that obviously it makes a big difference if things are up to the player's decision or just thrown at them, no matter what. So it's hard to keep the fingers still when reading comments who try to get the Dev to throw that out the window and turn this into a story about the protag getting pushed around, abused (and worse) no matter the choices made.
Sorry but I disagree, it doesn't make any difference. You should let the developer tell his\her story the way he\she wants, dramatic and unavoidable moments included.
Otherwise it will only make the game poorer, in my opinion.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Sorry but I disagree, it doesn't make any difference. You should let the developer tell his\her story the way he\she wants, dramatic and unavoidable moments included.
Otherwise it will only make the game poorer, in my opinion.
Well, from the perspective of a game being playable, on a personal level, it does make a difference. I do agree though that the Dev, at the end of day, can and also 100% should do what feels right to them. But, again just my opinion, I don't see a general issue with speaking up for the things one would enjoy/not enjoy seeing. Especially when the Dev says they want the game to be one based around player's choices. It's another story if something is meant to be e.g. just a kinetic novel or if the Dev at least communicates changing their mind about the "leaving stuff to player's choices" part. But as long as the Developer feels like working on it I'm not sure why it would be wrong to advocate for giving players the option to avoid things they don't wanna see.

Namuswill

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2022

Thanks! Really happy people seem to be liking characters and the story on their own, even without "naughty bits" ... Although more of that is on the way for sure ;)

Unfortunetly Patreon is the only available option for me, I might look into Buy Me A Coffe though as some people suggested it too.

Namuswill

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2022
But, again just my opinion, I don't see a general issue with speaking up for the things one would enjoy/not enjoy seeing.
Agreed, sometimes people might suggest things I didn't think about, but wouldn't mind adding or might actually enjoy working on. OR maybe it's something that ruins enjoyment for them in a big way, but I am not particularly attached to and could remove it.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Agreed, sometimes people might suggest things I didn't think about, but wouldn't mind adding or might actually enjoy working on. OR maybe it's something that ruins enjoyment for them in a big way, but I am not particularly attached to and could remove it.
Especially since without asking it's impossible to tell for sure how you feel about it or if maybe it just wasn't something you thought of yet. I'll say though, since the person I was replying to was making a good point, even though we didn't agree about everything, if anything I wrote about your game came across as me feeling entitled to you catering to my personal tastes instead of merely suggesting things or voicing more than my own point of view on stuff, I am sorry. You are the Dev and author & I'm sure you know what you're doing (from what little I've seen, definitely waiting until stuff with the wonderful artist is expanded since I'd just skip most content right now, anyway). It's true that this could just be a sfw novel & it would be super intriguing due to writing, visuals and the quite unusual setting.

Reactions: Namuswill

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
This game is one of TWO truly feminine games on this site. The entire list:
1) This game.
2) It could be worse

The rest of the supposedly 'girl games' are made by teenage boys for onanist boys. They want mechanical sex in mechanical categories. Like robots. Or a teletype machine.

Reactions: MadAng

Lux37

Aug 13, 2021
This game is one of TWO truly feminine games on this site. The entire list:
1) This game.
2) It could be worse

The rest of the supposedly 'girl games' are made by teenage boys for onanist boys. They want mechanical sex in mechanical categories. Like robots. Or a teletype machine.
Could you give the name of the of the other, truly feminine game?

4.80 star(s) 21 Votes