VN Ren'Py The Silver Lining [v0.8] [Namuswill]

4.80 star(s) 21 Votes

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Thanks!
Well, if i had to put it into one word, i'd say this: Singer, Trophy wife, Artist, Detective, Madame (if you know what i mean)

There will be a central plot and all of these routes will one way or another connect to it.
how do you make the art for this game?

• Angry
Reactions: Losersriot

MadAng

Jan 4, 2023
OK, just finished the update. Thank you for sharing!

Just a few suggestions: Have the characters' names in their own individual colour – It’ll make it easier to distinguish during conversations.

Do yourself a favour and please, please! fix the spelling mistakes. They really take away from the enjoyment of the story. Also maybe consider having Mila’s internal monologue in italics?

Overall you’ve done a very good job of setting up realistic family dynamics as well as depicting the too-real plight of poor migrants the world over (starting from scratch and at risk of getting taken advantage of).

Love the various characters – art and personalities – so far (I like how the clothes say so much about each character), and it is a delight to read descriptions of places and people, depicting a lot with few words. I hope in the future we can see more scenes depicted - street, scenes, etc (yeah it's time consuming but it would add so much to the game.)

I enjoy the slow build-up of the story, giving us time to get to know the MC and her surrounds. I look forward to seeing Mila develop and grow as a person and where it all leads.

Keep up the good work!

PS Do you draw the art yourself? If not can you link to the artist's work, please. Would love to see more of it.

Last edited:

tom882

Jun 30, 2017
I liked it, the characters are well drawn, I like this type of art, I expect spicy and very sensual scenes with this beautiful girl, will there be incest or relationship with old people? I like it in games, but even though I don't have it in the game, it's a game I'm definitely going to play
good luck!!(y)

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
The Dev forgot the obligatory "Are you 18?" at the start. They should probably put that in there next update.

I like the game. It has a interesting setting 1940s gangster stuff. Immigrant family... Good story, nice visual art and some good choice menus. I really like the clothing choices, and setting and story a whole bunch.

My biggest problem with the game is that it has a lack of content. It tricked me by saying it is a 0.2a version of the game, but It feels like just a prologue. I got through it in about 10 or 15 minutes.

I don't think developers should ever release any game that has under 30 minutes of play time. Because it feels like just a proof of concept. You want the player to sit there for like an hour and get hooked... Not play for 10 minutes and toss it in the trash.
mate it's just a 0.1 version. . . all 0.1 - 0.3 versions are short updates, cuz it's purpose is to show the concept of the game, and then get to expand it after. All of games here are early access. Plus the fact it's game based on artworks - VN -Ren'Py. Ya know how long it takes to create art the way ya want it to look, by yourself?
it's not AAA game with huge budget, where hundreds of people are working on the game.

Monogrammy

Jul 20, 2023
strong start! the story so far is gripping. i like the designs of the characters, the really tell you who they are from just looking at them. the script is well written and make me actually pay attention instead of just skimming through it like how i usually play games here. hopefully this will be updated further bc this is one of the good ones.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
3 days to wait...
Screenshot 2023-08-03 003222.png

It seems still no release today? :(
1691337274822.png

edit - another delay (not a good start...)
1692045722213.png

Dev disappeared here too. Too much trouble, I guess.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
Hello friends
Is the MC this game easy girl or hard girl ( or lady ) ? I mean, do she have necessary resistance ( strong personality ) or do she quickly accept an emotional or sexual relationship ? I hope she have sufficient and necessary resistance

• Angry

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

1693218180570.png
Hey guys! I hope you are doing well. I have made progress with the update and it should release this week. It's been a huge pain in the ass with many unfortunate things making it hard to work on the game due to RL stuff, from being sick on and off to other even more annoying problems. Very grateful for your support and patience and I hope moving forward I am able to keep up a more consistent release schedule, 2-3 weeks.

For the next one, as mentioned previously I will focus on updating art and some technical stuff as to how art is displayed to hopefully save me headached in the future. Some people asked about this in the DMs, so yeah Mila will meet a group of younger folks like her whom you can hang out with, but that's for the next update.

Also, I really like how this scene turned out. Don't they look cute together ;)

Meowmadam

Nov 9, 2021

View attachment 2884863
For the next one, as mentioned previously I will focus on updating art and some technical stuff as to how art is displayed to hopefully save me headached in the future. Some people asked about this in the DMs, so yeah Mila will meet a group of younger folks like her whom you can hang out with, but that's for the next update.

Also, I really like how this scene turned out. Don't they look cute together ;)
The artwork is nice, but their faces look almost identical. I thought they were siblings.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 21 Votes