Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2jays7879

Dec 15, 2018
Anyone else notice the bad kitty has been MIA for 2 months without a single word? She's definitely still around because she's actively crying to SFS and other DL sites to remove links to her content. She didn't release anything in June (she bumped the Farm release to July instead) and also nothing for September or, presumably at this point, October. Is she still collecting the monthly fee? With 650 donators @ minimum $5 each month, she's pulling in a decent full-time living off of violating EA's UGC rules, and it looks like she's just straight up robbing people now...

Also I noticed that Felix's content from recent months has drastically gone down in quality from what it used to be, looking for example at the old Schwerin and Trianon sets compared to the most recent Florence set. Much less mesh detail, absolutely no texture, everything has a basic-bitch monochrome paint job, and several items are just liberated meshes from EA clutter with a different color palette. With high graphic settings you can also see the tiny mesh lines crackling through in-game. It's clearly not lack of skill, just pure rushed laziness. And he makes even more $$ every month than the sour puss.

Just goes to show that these Patreon hucksters are little more than con artists who abandoned their artistic integrity in pursuit of the dollar, which they get pseudo-illegally so they never had much integrity to begin with.
I've noticed quite a few always claim to be sick when they can't deliver any cc as promised.

• Red Heart
Reactions: grieralexander
Oct 26, 2018
Hello everyone! A friend just messaged me because she is having a problem with CC missing from the mods folder after she closes the game and goes back in again. She also said she is missing even mods like More people at a club. Her game is fully updated. I have not had that problem since I have not patched the game since Nifty Knitting onward, when all the glitches with windows and stuff started to appear. Any ideas? I mean, the only thing that I know of that could make items disappear from a folder would be a virus? Correct me if I'm wrong.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Hello everyone! A friend just messaged me because she is having a problem with CC missing from the mods folder after she closes the game and goes back in again. She also said she is missing even mods like More people at a club. Her game is fully updated. I have not had that problem since I have not patched the game since Nifty Knitting onward, when all the glitches with windows and stuff started to appear. Any ideas? I mean, the only thing that I know of that could make items disappear from a folder would be a virus? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Antivirus programs can be rather indiscriminate at what they target. Several months ago, I had a bad issue with S4S. Some files I tried to open gave me errors, most didn't. Of course I instantly thought I had some bad CC. Long story short, as it turns out, it was my antivirus being an ass. It was randomly messing with my files, and wreaking havoc with S4S. My solution was to make all Sims 4 directories "exclusions". My game, mods downloads, sims utilities, and my EA directory in My Documents. Since I've done that, I've had a whole lot fewer issues. No more random attacks.. Incidentally, I did have files randomly vanishing. Found them in my antivirus "quarantine" folder. None of it made much sense, but with the exclusions, I have no more issues.

It may or may nor be her issue, but it's something to consider.

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
Hi all. I've been away from the game for over 8 months and decided to start playing it again. I was so many versions behind lol. I've updated everything that I usually use and got bombarded with LE's. I found the causes and bad CC and updated those that needed it. Deleted any duplicates that I also found. I'm now LE free. I DID read pages and pages of previous posts and found them very helpful. Especially the posts about finding badly made CC and to check the package sizes. I have a lot that do seem very large for what they actually are. So after deleting extra swatches, I drastically reduced the package sizes. Then someone wrote about the RLE image sizes of 2048 x 4096. I still have a bunch of those and I'm very slowly working my way through them and reducing them to 1024 x 2048. That really does reduce package size and has no visual difference in game, but it's very time consuming. But I'm getting some serious lag in my game. Before anyone says to upgrade my pc (which I won't do so that I can simply play 1 game), I have also noticed that if there are a lot of townies in my game, the slower it gets. So I would like to thank those that gave the information about finding bad CC and some of those ridiculous package sizes. I even found 1 dress that when opening up and extracting the mesh, found it to contain over 50k vertices and polygons, it actually consisted of 3 identical meshes (ie - Mesh 1, Mesh 2 and Mesh 3 were all the same mesh). Very badly made in my opinion lol. But I'd like to know if anyone has spotted any known mod that is actually causing a lot of lag? I use WW, AEP, NWP and MCC and no others. I'd also like to mention that merging packages doesn't seem to make any difference for me in helping with loading times or gameplay. Thank you.

EDIT - Should have mentioned before. My Mod folder is only 14.5 GB

Last edited:

DarkDream34

Jan 12, 2020
Does anyone have KawaiiS's October update for the Education Bundle mod?

It says it was updated Oct 13 on her site, but the one I have is from September, and the one in the Mega is from July.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Guile19

sandraa01

Sep 3, 2020
Does anyone have stuff from dinha and from paco ?

netcat

Apr 20, 2020
Hi all. I've been away from the game for over 8 months and decided to start playing it again. I was so many versions behind lol. I've updated everything that I usually use and got bombarded with LE's. I found the causes and bad CC and updated those that needed it. Deleted any duplicates that I also found. I'm now LE free. I DID read pages and pages of previous posts and found them very helpful. Especially the posts about finding badly made CC and to check the package sizes. I have a lot that do seem very large for what they actually are. So after deleting extra swatches, I drastically reduced the package sizes. Then someone wrote about the RLE image sizes of 2048 x 4096. I still have a bunch of those and I'm very slowly working my way through them and reducing them to 1024 x 2048. That really does reduce package size and has no visual difference in game, but it's very time consuming. But I'm getting some serious lag in my game. Before anyone says to upgrade my pc (which I won't do so that I can simply play 1 game), I have also noticed that if there are a lot of townies in my game, the slower it gets. So I would like to thank those that gave the information about finding bad CC and some of those ridiculous package sizes. I even found 1 dress that when opening up and extracting the mesh, found it to contain over 50k vertices and polygons, it actually consisted of 3 identical meshes (ie - Mesh 1, Mesh 2 and Mesh 3 were all the same mesh). Very badly made in my opinion lol. But I'd like to know if anyone has spotted any known mod that is actually causing a lot of lag? I use WW, AEP, NWP and MCC and no others. I'd also like to mention that merging packages doesn't seem to make any difference for me in helping with loading times or gameplay. Thank you.

Hi!

I was wondering, how do you reduce the size of an RLE 2 image? Is it with a special program? In Photoshop it's a hell of a job :-( I have a lot of mods an my Mod folder is about 98 GB and I have no lag at all..Maybe its bad CC, outdated mods, maybe its the hardware, could be anything..Loading times are much shorter with an SSD-harddisk but not everybody can afford this..

xxXXxxxn

Apr 7, 2020
Its EA. Don't attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice
no one :

EA : HEY Y'ALL WE'RE FINALLY GIVING YOU GUYS BETTER SKINTONES! guys? why are we getting such negative responses? you... you say it's because we waited 6 years? we didn't have enough resources & we're obligated by contract to create shitty dlc and shove it in your face so you'll buy it

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
Hi!

I was wondering, how do you reduce the size of an RLE 2 image? Is it with a special program? In Photoshop it's a hell of a job :-( I have a lot of mods an my Mod folder is about 98 GB and I have no lag at all..Maybe its bad CC, outdated mods, maybe its the hardware, could be anything..Loading times are much shorter with an SSD-harddisk but not everybody can afford this..
Thanks for your comment. I probably do need a new pc, but won't be upgrading. It was fine up to Version 1.60.54.1020, but now lagging too much. I have noticed that MCC is a main contender for lagging as it is constantly monitoring Sims and new Sims created. I use Photoshop for reducing RLE 2 images. Yes it is time consuming. What I do is with S4S, batch export all the RLE 2 images of a CC that I want to reduce into a new folder anywhere on your computer. Open Photoshop and open all those files you just exported at once. They each open in their own tab in Photoshop. Then select first image, Tools Menu - Image - Image Size - Change 2048 to 1024. 4096 changes automatically to 2048. Highlight 1024 and press Ctrl C (this makes it quicker for next image), click ok for change to happen. Image will now shrink, press Ctrl S, new window appears - select save (make sure to save as .dds extension). Once done, close that window and next image appears. Tools Menu - Image - Image Size - Ctrl V - Then Ok - Ctrl S - Save then close and keep repeating for all images. Once done, Batch import back to S4S (Make sure to delete exported images from package file in S4S before importing new images), then save package file. That's what I do and it's working very well for me. The key board shortcuts for Photoshop really save a lot of time.

Failing that. Photoshop does have a built in feature for running batch processes, similar to running imacros. It can record every action you make when editing an image and you can save it and run it on any image/images you choose to form that action on. Too difficult for me to write an explanation on here, but Youtube is your friend on this one, where you can see it being set up and run.

Last edited:

netcat

Apr 20, 2020
Thanks for your comment. I probably do need a new pc, but won't be upgrading. It was fine up to Version 1.60.54.1020, but now lagging too much. I have noticed that MCC is a main contender for lagging as it is constantly monitoring Sims and new Sims created. I use Photoshop for reducing RLE 2 images. Yes it is time consuming. What I do is with S4S, batch export all the RLE 2 images of a CC that I want to reduce into a new folder anywhere on your computer. Open Photoshop and open all those files you just exported at once. They each open in their own tab in Photoshop. Then select first image, Tools Menu - Image - Image Size - Change 2048 to 1024. 4096 changes automatically to 2048. Highlight 1024 and press Ctrl C (this makes it quicker for next image), click ok for change to happen. Image will now shrink, press Ctrl S, new window appears - select save (make sure to save as .dds extension). Once done, close that window and next image appears. Tools Menu - Image - Image Size - Ctrl V - Then Ok - Ctrl S - Save then close and keep repeating for all images. Once done, Batch import back to S4S (Make sure to delete exported images from package file in S4S before importing new images), then save package file. That's what I do and it's working very well for me. The key board shortcuts for Photoshop really save a lot of time.

Failing that. Photoshop does have a built in feature for running batch processes, similar to running imacros. It can record every action you make when editing an image and you can save it and run it on any image/images you choose to form that action on. Too difficult for me to write an explanation on here, but Youtube is your friend on this one, where you can see it being set up and run.
Thanx for your great explanation, I think I'm going to try this, thanx!!

Reactions: MC Johnsson

fede2020

Oct 19, 2020

My game runs fine. I don't have a powerful computer and I have a bunch more script mods on top of those you listed.

I assume you already deleted your localthumbcache file (should be done before every session). Whenever my load time starts getting long (in my case, always after an update, the game or the mods), what I do is delete the NWP folder in my saves folder. Last time I wasn't sure which one was messing up so I also ran the WW.fix command and was getting ready to do all the steps for cleaning out my save game as listed here: . Fortunately, deleting the NWP folder and running the command was enough.

A few pages back, someone mentioned the MEGA folder has the beta version of NWP and not the stable release so make sure you're running NWP 2.1.7n and not the beta 2.2.0n. I got mine from yiff. If all else fails, you might need to delete the cfg files from MCCC but I'd try everything else first because that will reset all your settings. Also importantly, as someone else was just discussing, your antivirus might be interfering. I have Norton and even though I whitelisted the game, it will still stop the script mods from accessing game files and I start being plagued by LEs. I have to go in and disable its data protection feature every time I play the game.

I use Photoshop for reducing RLE 2 images. Yes it is time consuming. What I do is with S4S, batch export all the RLE 2 images of a CC that I want to reduce into a new folder anywhere on your computer. Open Photoshop and open all those files you just exported at once.
Hi!

God modder CmarNYC has an auto HQ converter program and I just checked, it will in fact allow you to select the package you want and convert it from HQ to standard. It's at MTS:

Also, make sure to go to Studio->content management -> batch fix -> CAS -> disallow for random. That way random townies won't be spawning with resource heavy CC.

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
My game runs fine. I don't have a powerful computer and I have a bunch more script mods on top of those you listed.

I assume you already deleted your localthumbcache file (should be done before every session). Whenever my load time starts getting long (in my case, always after an update, the game or the mods), what I do is delete the NWP folder in my saves folder. Last time I wasn't sure which one was messing up so I also ran the WW.fix command and was getting ready to do all the steps for cleaning out my save game as listed here: . Fortunately, deleting the NWP folder and running the command was enough.

A few pages back, someone mentioned the MEGA folder has the beta version of NWP and not the stable release so make sure you're running NWP 2.1.7n and not the beta 2.2.0n. I got mine from yiff. If all else fails, you might need to delete the cfg files from MCCC but I'd try everything else first because that will reset all your settings. Also importantly, as someone else was just discussing, your antivirus might be interfering. I have Norton and even though I whitelisted the game, it will still stop the script mods from accessing game files and I start being plagued by LEs. I have to go in and disable its data protection feature every time I play the game.

God modder CmarNYC has an auto HQ converter program and I just checked, it will in fact allow you to select the package you want and convert it from HQ to standard. It's at MTS:

Also, make sure to go to Studio->content management -> batch fix -> CAS -> disallow for random. That way random townies won't be spawning with resource heavy CC.
Thanks for the advice. This was a big jump in Game Versions so basically a fresh install. It was fine for a few days once I tracked down and sorted the LE's out. I have all the trusted versions of NWP etc. But what I have noticed is I have an awful lot of Townies being produced, and that's when my game slows down. Maybe I need to look at my MCC settings for that one. My PC is only a 1.9Ghz processor, but was coping fine before I updated TS4 to latest version. I have AVG Free running, don't know if that could cause an issue. It copes well with Renpy and Unity Games without any issues. Maybe it is time for a new pc lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes