Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

animerox1213

Feb 29, 2020
Does anyone know how to stop EA random acc. I'm so sick of seeing a drag queen genies walking down up and down my streets
If you have MCCC, I highly recommend It forces townies to dress normally using outfits made by the creator. It's been updated up to Eco Lifestyle. Not sure if they'll update it again for Snowy Escape.

cheshcat

Sep 12, 2020
how are people selling mods? everything belongs to EA, if they find out people sell their content for money they would sue the fuck out of them. so why are people paying for it?

or am I missing something? and what about games? are people just posting their "Sims 4 game versions" on patron with no backlash from EA or the modders of the game?
Only the sums of money involved. EA make about 5 billion on FIFA, about a third of that on Madden. Their legal team don't care about some assets being reused for custom content where their TOS allows it. They've their own ecosystem for it too of course so the overflow to Patreon is relatively small. They also have terms about how long things can be 'exclusive' although it's rarely enforced. Actual pirating of the main game is handled through subcontracted legal companies via the ISPs.

So in short, EA have handled it through saying what they want to happen and hoping it stays that way through fear of legal recourse, though not actually ever using said legal recourse outside the occasional please-stop letter via contractors. Maybe if they'd locked down microtransactions when the game first came out, a concern for Sims 5 sure, then it would be different. For now though CC is a small part of a small part of their business that they've essentially given up on controlling while the majority dance close enough to the TOS.

breezysmallz

Jul 28, 2020
Only the sums of money involved. EA make about 5 billion on FIFA, about a third of that on Madden. Their legal team don't care about some assets being reused for custom content where their TOS allows it. They've their own ecosystem for it too of course so the overflow to Patreon is relatively small. They also have terms about how long things can be 'exclusive' although it's rarely enforced. Actual pirating of the main game is handled through subcontracted legal companies via the ISPs.

So in short, EA have handled it through saying what they want to happen and hoping it stays that way through fear of legal recourse, though not actually ever using said legal recourse outside the occasional please-stop letter via contractors. Maybe if they'd locked down microtransactions when the game first came out, a concern for Sims 5 sure, then it would be different. For now though CC is a small part of a small part of their business that they've essentially given up on controlling while the majority dance close enough to the TOS.
this is an interesting and well thought out point!

Feb 27, 2020
In simpler terms EA doesn't give a fuck about anything but money. Going after CC creators that break the rules doesn't make money & neither does fixing bugs in the game. Gotta work with what we midget got peeps, well until the Paralives bomb drops haha. If it turns out to be awesome and I have a feeling it will be. I'm done with Sims

DakotaSan

Nov 27, 2020
hi! please share the new collection from Mila Smith, if you have any. Thank you in advance!

D

Deleted member 3081169

Someone in this thread asked about how to disable cc for townies, I always use method and it works for me so far along with a mod called no more ugly townies, Hope this helps.
Happy holidays everyone :geek:

Nov 17, 2020
Someone in this thread asked about how to disable cc for townies, I always use method and it works for me so far along with a mod called no more ugly townies, Hope this helps.
Happy holidays everyone :geek:
just be careful not to disallow things like defaults and overrides unless you want nightmarish sims walking around

Oct 26, 2018
For those builders out-there... I built a house in a smaller lot and now I want to move it to a bigger one to add to it. When I'm going to move the lot to center it I get an error that the roof pitch is outside the parameters ( which I think it means is too high) Do you guys know any cheats to circumvent that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes