Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

breezysmallz

Jul 28, 2020
Paralives didnt look hyper realistic, looked more like a cartoon but here's hoping they offer some challenge to EA and eventually usurp the franchise's fans similar to how City: Skylines did to SimCity.
But, yes you’re right. Paralives isn’t hyper realistic but it’s an improved version of the “hyper cartoon” aesthetic Maxis is committing to. I’m not a huge critic of the Sims4 overall as I play very casually but I’m very intrigued by the branding aspect of this game. Very few gaming companies have boasted the level of success EA had while also consistently under-delivering to its consumer base.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DarkDream34
D

Deleted member 909046

Hello, does anyone know any good tutorials to convert from Second Life to The Sims 4?
check the mighty ginkgo on youtube they have tutorials on exporting meshes from secondlife. i dont think there are any tutorials for sl to sims 4. if you know how to use blender and sims4studio edit the meshes you exported to fit the sims character unless its an object then it wont need much editing

Bogojisem

Oct 24, 2019
Why have 90% of the posts in this thread for the past few days been random irrelevant discussion? I thought this was a patreon leak thread. I can't tell what's worse, discussion on the ethics of patreon piracy(lol) or the reoccurring theme of people making requests for things that were posted one page back.

DarkDream34

Jan 12, 2020
Why have 90% of the posts in this thread for the past few days been random irrelevant discussion? I thought this was a patreon leak thread. I can't tell what's worse, discussion on the ethics of patreon piracy(lol) or the reoccurring theme of people making requests for things that were posted one page back.
Bruh o_O I am agreeing with you... the emoji is the face I've been making reading all this f*ckery :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Charles Vane

Formerly 'tkass'
Jul 10, 2019
isn't it why we're all here in this forum, because we cannot afford patreon pledges? :ROFLMAO:
No, not entirely, a lot of people go without lots of things because they cannot afford it. They simply do without. For some it's a matter of principle. It's a subtle difference between feeling entitled to something you want but cannot afford and sharing things with other like-minded individuals (simmers) who are rebelling against the greed and entitlement (Patreon creators).

NightFeverBee

Jan 7, 2021
This is also an issue of poly count. The Sims 4 is designed to perform optimally on even the potato-est of potato computers. Leo Sims for example uses ridiculously high poly count cc (ripped from SL of course) and it can be unplayable for simmers without great rigs. There are some creators that make super hyper realistic models (almost like renders) and while they're pretty they also look out of place in the Sim world. To fix it, you then have to rebuild the entire environment to be more alpha-friendly which means more high poly mods/cc and thus more gameplay lag. I think if there is a Sims 5 and EA allows a marketplace like SL does then it will worsen the paid cc problem but will also guarantee higher quality models. Unfortunately, the people with terrible computers stand in the way as Maxis is committing to keeping their business.
AggreKitty CC look more like the old style of SL CC than SL CC nowadays (over the top cutesy and pink everywhere), but I heard that AggreKitty is the new rising star of the sims 4 CC community, her CC also have a ridiculous, unnecessy high amount of polygons. I guess different people have different preferences and maxis match style isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Reactions: breezysmallz

breezysmallz

Jul 28, 2020
AggreKitty CC look more like the old style of SL CC than SL CC nowadays (over the top cutesy and pink everywhere), but I heard that AggreKitty is the new rising star of the sims 4 CC community, her CC also have a ridiculous, unnecessy high amount of polygons. I guess different people have different preferences and maxis match style isn't everyone's cup of tea.
i haven’t heard any nice things about her but I’ve also only discovered her creations through this forum. It just seems difficult to find consistently good material that doesn’t fry computers but also doesn’t look like it belongs in Minecraft or Roblox...

D

Deleted member 3182728

I'm not even a pirate anymore, I evolved, I'm a Siren. A Rogue One. :ROFLMAO: Wish we could do as discord and ban users that we found out are cc patreon creators that lock exclusive stuff behind paywalls. They'd hide as rats in the docks. Aye mate!!!
yay let's do it , girl xD I've got your back. fuck those cc creators they're greedier than EA. do u know what is more funny ? they always come up with stupid excuses like "I'm borken / my family need money / EA doesnt own Alpha so, cc creators are free to do anything with their mesh" to force ppl to pay more for their cc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes