Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2020
they've been creating "content" for a broken game while modders and cc makers have far surpassed the skill of the maxis team (or what's left of them).
100% right, seems that unprepared - well mostly - creators who are selftaught for pure curiosity of learning how things work do a much better work than EA ever did. And they do for free, while EA team is PAID. I'd feel miserable and very ashamed if I was EA staff. R-E-A-L-L-Y.

Honeycrust

Aug 22, 2018
This is also an issue of poly count. The Sims 4 is designed to perform optimally on even the potato-est of potato computers. Leo Sims for example uses ridiculously high poly count cc (ripped from SL of course) and it can be unplayable for simmers without great rigs. There are some creators that make super hyper realistic models (almost like renders) and while they're pretty they also look out of place in the Sim world. To fix it, you then have to rebuild the entire environment to be more alpha-friendly which means more high poly mods/cc and thus more gameplay lag. I think if there is a Sims 5 and EA allows a marketplace like SL does then it will worsen the paid cc problem but will also guarantee higher quality models. Unfortunately, the people with terrible computers stand in the way as Maxis is committing to keeping their business.
I tried some of Leosims clothing in the past, I couldn't believe how badly it was made, it didn't even fit my sim properly. The clothing was floating around my sim, no precision at all, such a piss poor job. I had no idea he was stealing meshes from Second Life... but that does explain it a lot. The guy is a poser, a fraud and a cheat by the looks of it without the talent to make his own clothing.

He must also be garbage at using blender. I'm very much a novice but even I can resize a mesh and make it look half decent in blender. I'm not qualified to create quality CC that I'd feel good enough to sell and then cry in forums when people download it. I mainly just repair clipping on my favourite clothing items cause all my sims are thick asf so its sometimes required.

I see Leosims content and just walk the other way, his clothing is so bad I'm not sure why people use it. Extremely high polycount on clothing meshes are usually a sign the person is a noob, lazy or a mesh thief. There's tons of tutorials that show you how to use the decimate feature in blender to make meshes less poly but still look good. There's even tutorials for marvelous designer on how you should export your meshes so they still look good but have lower poly count.

A modder named Mauve Morn has really nice detailed videos and written documents on how to make meshes from MD to Blender low poly but still look good, maybe Leosims should spend less time stealing meshes and finally learn how to make his own and make them optimized. Low 5-10k poly dress with a proper bump map is just as good as one with 100+k poly dress and no bumpmap.

itsxjustxme

Jan 7, 2021
Hiya,

I'm curious if anyone has access to the entire Bad Dragon set that Podyssey (Fallen Angel Games) created along with the huge dildo pack? I know that there are pieces that are available to the public (on LL), but large chunks of both are not. I checked the ts4/booty and also the megas, but couldn't find them there (perhaps I'm just not looking under the right users, but I have tried both). The bad dragon one was shared on here before but that link is dead. If anyone could let me know where to find them, that would be much appreciated. Thank you :)

astrosim

Oct 6, 2019
Woow! Thank you very much! But there is one problem - Mods Folder is empty and no possible to download full folder without buying Premium account :cry: Maybe you have the opportunity make an ZIP archive and reupload this? I will be grateful :giggle:
Yes! Thank you to those who let me know (this is my first time uploading anything). I'll get to it tomorrow. But just to be sure: do I zip the individual CC folders, or the entire Mods folder?

xxXXxxxn

Apr 7, 2020
Anyone excited for the new pack announcement? :p
nah cause the 12th is my birthday and i'm afraid they'll fuck it up:ROFLMAO:
Still I wonder, why post this, that guy doesn't even work for EA anymore and was likely fired for sexual deviancy like most game
drake is a female & she actually left her position because of how she handled a *certain* scandal in 2018. i'll tell you more about it in the dms

D

Deleted member 3137218

nah cause the 12th is my birthday and i'm afraid they'll fuck it up:ROFLMAO:

drake is a female & she actually left her position because of how she handled a *certain* scandal in 2018. i'll tell you more about it in the dms
drake isn't that person. that was katwhispurr (the person that took over for drake/amanda. they have a tumblr as well.). drake left in 2017 long before that incident.

OhHeyKira

Mar 15, 2019
Holy shit I really wish we had a few active mods to come in and clean the irrelevant shit in this forum every now and then.... You're on a forum made by pirates for pirates love, we dont want to hear your views on why we shouldnt take from creators who post patreon exclusives.

Also I dont give a damn about EAs terms and I certainly couldn't care less if EA was for or against patreon exclusives I'm not doing this for some moral reason and certainly not to protect EAs EULA (especially when i haven't even paid for the game myself lol) fuck them honestly I'm doing this because I refuse to pay 5, 10, 20 bucks a month for a piece of cc. But if someone else is willing to spend their coins on it and share it then hey I'll gladly accept it and give what I got in return.

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
This is also an issue of poly count. The Sims 4 is designed to perform optimally on even the potato-est of potato computers. Leo Sims for example uses ridiculously high poly count cc (ripped from SL of course) and it can be unplayable for simmers without great rigs. There are some creators that make super hyper realistic models (almost like renders) and while they're pretty they also look out of place in the Sim world. To fix it, you then have to rebuild the entire environment to be more alpha-friendly which means more high poly mods/cc and thus more gameplay lag. I think if there is a Sims 5 and EA allows a marketplace like SL does then it will worsen the paid cc problem but will also guarantee higher quality models. Unfortunately, the people with terrible computers stand in the way as Maxis is committing to keeping their business.
it's not people with crappy computers, it's their crappy coding. Look at World of Warcraft, they design their MMO so it can be run off of garbage computers, but allows you to scale up the graphics via the settings. You want to incorporate as much of an audience as possible, not narrow that window of potential customers for your product/service.

Reactions: javelin 93

breezysmallz

Jul 28, 2020
it's not people with crappy computers, it's their crappy coding. Look at World of Warcraft, they design their MMO so it can be run off of garbage computers, but allows you to scale up the graphics via the settings. You want to incorporate as much of an audience as possible, not narrow that window of potential customers for your product/service.
TS4 also offers this option, though. It’s not ideal I’m sure but it’s offered nonetheless. Sims 3 was their sad attempt at hyper realism and look where that went. I think those seeking true life simulation may find better luck with another sim game. Paralives anyone? Conspiracy theorists say that paralives is really just Maxis undercover

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
TS4 also offers this option, though. It’s not ideal I’m sure but it’s offered nonetheless. Sims 3 was their sad attempt at hyper realism and look where that went. I think those seeking true life simulation may find better luck with another sim game. Paralives anyone? Conspiracy theorists say that paralives is really just Maxis undercover
Paralives didnt look hyper realistic, looked more like a cartoon but here's hoping they offer some challenge to EA and eventually usurp the franchise's fans similar to how City: Skylines did to SimCity.

Reactions: JokeyStranger

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
so we should be all qualified? Wanna make a quick billion? I’ve got nothing to offer cept a megaphone and big mouth. I’ll put myself in charge of marketing. Why pay for commercials when you could put me on a hover board with a microphone?
I think he was also taking into consideration the budget that EA has to work with and the end result that has come out from said budget. I would like to think that more competent people could produce a far better product than what we're seeing especially for a game that is in it's 4th iteration.

breezysmallz

Jul 28, 2020
I think he was also taking into consideration the budget that EA has to work with and the end result that has come out from said budget. I would like to think that more competent people could produce a far better product than what we're seeing especially for a game that is in it's 4th iteration.
yes Ivote for visual concepts I’m a big sports gamer and personally think that sports simulations are the true litmus test of a developer’s ability. I think they’d make an awesome life sim game albeit console dominant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes