Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimsy

Jun 27, 2019
Regarding paid mods. I will not pay for mods and cc behind a permanent paywall. It's not about greed or anything else of that sort. It's about technical support. IF I pay for something behind a permanent paywall, I expect that thing to be indefinitely technically supported. But we have multiple examples of that not happening, for various reasons - from creators losing interest to having various personal issues that preclude them from doing so. And while on a personal level I understand those reasons, the fact remains that I would have paid for something with my hard-earned cash for content that may become unusable at any given time when the Sims 4 gets updated. Don't even get me started on paid mods and CC that are of absolutely ATROCIOUS quality and yet their creators expect to get paid almost as much as one would pay for an official stuff pack. They're bloody delusional and obnoxious in their entitlement.

I fully support creators who do put their stuff in early release for a few weeks and then make it public. I have mentioned time and again here that content should not be shared here while in Early Release - nothing will happen to any of us if we wait for a few weeks to get the content. What is more, those people SHOULD be financially supported. Not because someone is paying for a specific mod or CC, but it should be an incentive, as it's an incentive not just for that individual creator, but the whole damn community, which exists thanks to the continued popularity of the game, which, IN TURN, has remained popular for years due to the large amount of free mods and cc. Mods and cc that now are increasingly being put behind a paywall, which is not a sustainable situation.

badsanta88

Nov 16, 2020
people do not mind paying creators (most people here do support and share here) but at the same time ask yourself, why do you need financial incentive to do a hobby? receiving a donation in appreciation for what you do is one thing, and most early access creators recognize it's a donation, but why does this have to be a steady job for you? why not do commissions if you want to be paid? there's a huge market for this but a lot of patreon exclusive ppl do not actually want to create for others. they create and release stuff THEY like. rarely have i seen creators outside of pose creators taking requests from their patrons or offering to do so. if it is offered as a tier perk, people have to PAY to access the privilege of asking a creator to make cc or a pose for them. what the hell is that garbage? it's no wonder why half of these people have a god complex

no one asked any of these creators to make what they do. while i understand times are hard and that's why ppl think every side job needs to be a career, please realize this pay for pixels attitude is ONLY present in this iteration of this franchise. sims 2 and 3 just had rampant adlinks but patreon is a different beast.

the reason why so many leave for SL bc it is a pay for content ecosystem. its entire model is supposed to be a mini economy. you can get a job in second life to pay for land, a home, decorations for that home, additional stuff / etc, whereas you have to use actual money in sims 4 to do much of anything or get the game to even work. you can spend NOTHING in second life and still have a somewhat fulfilling gaming experience (either doing hunts, roleplay, odd jobs, selling services within the game, exploring new maps, etc) whereas you cannot do that with sims 4 base game. sims 4 is inherently built on people having to spend money on expansions, game packs, stuff packs to have a hint of a gaming experience (albeit extremely empty and hollow) . second life people aren't paying for expansions and packs and stuff packs on top of paying for content and i can spend the same amount i pay in a patreon subscription in second life and get A LOT MORE for my money. linden goes a lot further than most currency and patreon is all in USD so not all of us are rich americans. i don't know why any of the patreon exclusive people can't grasp that. you guys are acting like ppl support only 1 creator when it adds up if you support more than 1. a video streaming service costs less than what some people are paying in patreon subscriptions.

on the topic of greed, this holiday, the second life creators i support gave out gifts like 5000L giftcards, 50% off for group members, group events with free gifts, and advent gifts that are FREE. these people are far more thankful and appreciative of the support they get than the bloodsuckers who do patreon exclusives. the hell is an advent gift (converted from second life) i have to buy? christmas holiday cc that comes out in three years later in february?! new years cc available 2 weeks after the 1st? halloween stuff available in march? valentines day stuff available in june. these people are assholes lol. and it's why their stuff is leaked and shared. if you show so little regard for your supporters, do not be surprised when that attitude is reflected back in the form of mass leaks.

Judging by the look of Second life's cc, personally, I would happily donate for those creators too. I mean, for example, this is the garden stuff that they are selling on SL market

and this is the garden stuff that Sims 4 CC creators are selling on patreon

Are you guys willing to pay for that pot?
Even sims 4 Patreon creators know their CC look like sh*t compare to those well made, detailed second life cc, that's why they stole second life mesh.

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Hey I replied to someone else on this, not sure if you can see it but I humbly request you to respect our work :giggle:

My Patreon cc is not essential for you to enjoy your game and I release free content every month too. Sharing content someone is offering for a price is stealing and I am sure you are better than that. If you really like my content you can pledge once and get them or just enjoy free content I offer for everyone.

Here is a post from grafity regarding Patreon cc and EA so you can read it if you wanna bring up EA regulations
An excerpt from EA's Guidelines, you know, the ones you agree to when you install the game.

Terms of Service.PNG

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Does anyone have anymore sim file share codes I wanted to upload something

• Red Heart
Reactions: 77agsin

breezysmallz

Jul 28, 2020
Judging by the look of Second life's cc, personally, I would happily donate for those creators too. I mean, for example, this is the garden stuff that they are selling on SL market

Even sims 4 Patreon creators know their CC look like sh*t compare to those well made, detailed second life cc, that's why they stole second life mesh.
This is also an issue of poly count. The Sims 4 is designed to perform optimally on even the potato-est of potato computers. Leo Sims for example uses ridiculously high poly count cc (ripped from SL of course) and it can be unplayable for simmers without great rigs. There are some creators that make super hyper realistic models (almost like renders) and while they're pretty they also look out of place in the Sim world. To fix it, you then have to rebuild the entire environment to be more alpha-friendly which means more high poly mods/cc and thus more gameplay lag. I think if there is a Sims 5 and EA allows a marketplace like SL does then it will worsen the paid cc problem but will also guarantee higher quality models. Unfortunately, the people with terrible computers stand in the way as Maxis is committing to keeping their business.

Nov 15, 2020
Me reading all the comments View attachment 974361

No seriously since Grafity said this about the screen of simguru I knew that alpha creators who were hiding and didin't open their mouths before will pop out with their mouths like this View attachment 974383
Omg I laugh a lot till I cry, your memes are awesome, I'm the same when I go to sleep then wake up and come back here tons of shit happened and I'm just like that.

• Haha
Reactions: Jinsu123

maidenr9

Jan 5, 2021
Yeah EA won't do shit

This is laughable
100% owned by the creator himself

Dude even EYE admit I steal pics off google image search or meshes when I'm inclined to make something. At least I change it enough it's unrecognizable AND don't MF charge ppl for it. Yeah I seen this article earlier. Fuckem
If people want to lock the fruits of their labor behind paywalls, they can do that. No skin off my back. But when you're someone like grafity who makes meshes of and advertises trademarked (status symbol) brands and other easily recognizable stuff, you're pushing it when you call recreating fast fashion crap "100% yours". They're relying off the fact that the shit they produce will advertise itself, and don't they technically owe LVMH or whatever a cut of their income since they're using the branding to make money? When they start paying designers who they copy off of or Chanel to use their logo I'll feel bad about "pirating" cc clothing.

Nov 15, 2020
This is also an issue of poly count. The Sims 4 is designed to perform optimally on even the potato-est of potato computers. Leo Sims for example uses ridiculously high poly count cc (ripped from SL of course) and it can be unplayable for simmers without great rigs. There are some creators that make super hyper realistic models (almost like renders) and while they're pretty they also look out of place in the Sim world. To fix it, you then have to rebuild the entire environment to be more alpha-friendly which means more high poly mods/cc and thus more gameplay lag. I think if there is a Sims 5 and EA allows a marketplace like SL does then it will worsen the paid cc problem but will also guarantee higher quality models. Unfortunately, the people with terrible computers stand in the way as Maxis is committing to keeping their business.
Is hard to be able to afford a good machine just to play a game... Specially with the dollar currency so high if compared with others. For americans it might be cheap or reasonable, for other ppl, no. And trust me cuz I bought this pc of mine ONLY to play TS4 - 3 years ago - is a pretty good pc and I paid 5k on it, really nice aspects, but still... Ppl cannot be excluded because they cannot afford things, isn't it why we're all here in this forum, because we cannot afford patreon pledges? :ROFLMAO:

Nov 15, 2020

1 - this ts4 cc is from BrazenLotus, she never locks content behind paywalls. just wip/early access, which I don't think it's a bad thing. she stabilishes a reasonable amount of time to unlock her content, under EAs statement umbrella - 1 month tops, but usually 2-3 weeks.
2 - she is 100% maxis match. so we cannot blame her for the meshes, because she uses, guess what? vanilla ts4 meshes. and i love her content. i'm a 95% maxis match player, so... :p

D

Deleted member 3137218

they made sims 4 low poly bc a) it was originally intended to be an online game like fortnite b) it's easier to scale the pc release down to console releases. the fortnite models are extremely low poly but look so much better than anything EA can do because the team there knew what they were doing. the EA team from inception does not. it's why 6 years later, the black swatch of hair still looks blue and why every patch results in game breaking glitches (even if you play with zero mods). they've been creating "content" for a broken game while modders and cc makers have far surpassed the skill of the maxis team (or what's left of them).

regarding second life poly count. a lot of the models are beautiful but not game ready. it's the one negative thing about that game. BUT you can adjust how it renders in your game depending on what viewer you use. the problem with an open marketplace with regard to user content, is that not everyone has the technical skill to model properly and there's no actual guidelines in place like with roblox and IMVU

half deer's models are very high poly but extremely beautiful in game. the textures look almost paintings in game and all of her releases are well worth the linden.

the ONE negative thing with second life is that the animations can look stiff and robotic compared to those of the sims lol. it's why wicked whims is popular. sex animations in second life look horrific ime.

breezysmallz

Jul 28, 2020
Is hard to be able to afford a good machine just to play a game... Specially with the dollar currency so high if compared with others. For americans it might be cheap or reasonable, for other ppl, no. And trust me cuz I bought this pc of mine ONLY to play TS4 - 3 years ago - is a pretty good pc and I paid 5k on it, really nice aspects, but still... Ppl cannot be excluded because they cannot afford things, isn't it why we're all here in this forum, because we cannot afford patreon pledges? :ROFLMAO:
I'm not at all suggesting that people should not be able to play the game simply based on their computer specs. I am saying, though, that managing expectations about how "high quality" certain meshes should be compared to other games is unfair. There is a standard set by certain creators for what constitutes good quality cc. Peacemaker for build/buy and in my opinion, Ellie Simple and Darte77 for clothing (though neither are maxis match). TS4 has it's own standard and while some creators certainly release hot garbage, it's not fair to come to that conclusion based on how well the content measures up against SL or IMVU.

Reactions: DarkDream34
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes