Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Good news my game is fixed. I came back on that Basemental discord and some other person helped me to find out that Patreon version of MCCC and Patreon Nisa's WP don't go well together and their working on it.
I suspect it's a Basemental issue of incompatability with the others. I use, and have used Nisa, WW, and MCCC for well over a year and have had no issues whatsoever. I ditched Basemental months ago because it's become pretty much a bloated behemoth. Even though WW is quickly reaching "behemoth" class, at least Turbo allows for features to be disabled.

suellen

May 15, 2018
Any actual update on the MEGA folders being restored? See a bunch of people asking but no one answering or even responding. Unless it was like 30 pages back...cause I only went 28 pages and said fuck it...Thanks
I agree,
nobody answers, just says that he died

tizoon

Dec 22, 2020
Any actual update on the MEGA folders being restored? See a bunch of people asking but no one answering or even responding. Unless it was like 30 pages back...cause I only went 28 pages and said fuck it...Thanks
I agree,
Quoting directly from some posts above:
They said on the reddit rebel chat its under maintenance, it'll be up soon. (y)
The last update, as far as I am also aware, was posted on Reddit approx. 6 days ago, stating that they are undergoing maintenance. There hasn't been an update since, or if there has been I've missed it.

popendar

May 10, 2020
I agree,
But it´s an answer lol the biggest problem is almost every page has someone asking the same thing. Only on page 1355, it was asked twice by different users and it was answered both times. People are getting tired of answering the same question over and over especially when there´s nothing new to say about it. We´ve to wait and see when it will be back and if it will be back.

tizoon

Dec 22, 2020
On another note, and I apologise if this has been asked and answered before, I tried searching for it but I couldn't really find anything, I'm curious as of why MEGA is preferred, especially with all the recent suspensions, and other ("backup") platforms are not used, like SimFileShare.

I'm aware of the problems SFS has, most notably being extremely slow and/or not downloading some files at all, as well as downtime, but it doesn't seem to enforce a (paywalled) content deletion policy, as people here seem to be posting links to files hosted there and they almost always work. Of course, there are other platforms than SFS which could do the job as well.

I'm not suggesting that everything is moved to a different service, just wondering why there isn't any alternative download for when the folders become unavailable. I can guess there may not be enough time to do this, or other services having been used in the past and MEGA proved to be the most reliable, but I'd like an official (or from someone who knows about this) response.

gympoet

Nov 17, 2018
On another note, and I apologise if this has been asked and answered before, I tried searching for it but I couldn't really find anything, I'm curious as of why MEGA is preferred, especially with all the recent suspensions, and other ("backup") platforms are not used, like SimFileShare.

I'm aware of the problems SFS has, most notably being extremely slow and/or not downloading some files at all, as well as downtime, but it doesn't seem to enforce a (paywalled) content deletion policy, as people here seem to be posting links to files hosted there and they almost always work. Of course, there are other platforms than SFS which could do the job as well.

I'm not suggesting that everything is moved to a different service, just wondering why there isn't any alternative download for when the folders become unavailable. I can guess there may not be enough time to do this, or other services having been used in the past and MEGA proved to be the most reliable, but I'd like an official (or from someone who knows about this) response.
I don't have a sure answer but my educated guess has been that there's something about the interface of Mega that makes it the best current option for people to collaboratively share content without being under scrutiny. It's basically sharing access to a folder rather than having a labyrinth of links that go out of date in the blink of an eye.

tizoon

Dec 22, 2020
Anyone has this leosims set pls? Thanks.

View attachment 991791
You can find it on the booty, not sure if I'm allowed to share the link as it's not in the approved file hosts, if you cannot find it let me know. (At least I hope it is the right one because they have the same picture, sorry if you were looking for something else.

EDIT: Wasn't what OP wanted, in case anyone else is looking for the similar set using the same picture and wants a download link I uploaded it on .

Last edited:

shaunqz

Nov 14, 2020
You can find it on the booty, not sure if I'm allowed to share the link as it's not in the approved file hosts, if you cannot find it let me know. (At least I hope it is the right one because they have the same picture, sorry if you were looking for something else.
I had it check earlier, it isnt there unfortunately.

Reactions: tizoon
Jan 4, 2019
I suspect it's a Basemental issue of incompatability with the others. I use, and have used Nisa, WW, and MCCC for well over a year and have had no issues whatsoever. I ditched Basemental months ago because it's become pretty much a bloated behemoth. Even though WW is quickly reaching "behemoth" class, at least Turbo allows for features to be disabled.
I never had problems using all these together but now I have to use the public version of MCCC so I won't get any LE

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes