Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiraqFreaky

Aug 14, 2018
Frankly, if her and her husband make that kind of cash, (which I seriously doubt) then she is a bigger asshole than I thought. What's the point of a paywall when you don't need the money? Obviously, her ego is bigger than she is, and she must see donations as homage to her. Her bullshit just doesn't smell right.
Just because you make a large income does not mean you shouldn't find another revenue stream. This is the difference between rich, wealthy and other. Rich people find new ways to make income, the wealthy just get comfortable. Other doesn't do either one.

As far as EA's terms, (not related to HMB) I could be reaching but If I made a fucking mesh in blender, I OWN that mesh, not EA. Because you can easily sell said model on CGTRADER, Second Life, etc. A mesh is a mesh. Just as easy as I put it in the sims, just as easy as I can put it elsewhere. I personally have made at least 50 pieces of clutter, 20 clothes, and 3 accessories. I don't have to oblige by EA's rules for something I made in Marvelous Designer, Blender or 3DS. This is just my personal thought, I am open to hearing everyone else opinion but as a creator, EA's microtransaction pumpin ass can suck my dick. They're literally patreon on steroids. Do any of you own a console lol.

Edit: I don't charge for cc because they're not good enough to even release for free lol. Which is why outside of the 5 outfits on my tumblr, everything is in unreleased purgatory. Well I have a ski mask on patreon but because it was the very first of all sims 4 ski mask lol but it was set for free release but I said fuck it too.

ChiraqFreaky

Aug 14, 2018
someone is really selling this shit : ?

What the fuck. Gotta love the fake shoulders and c/c texture from a .jpeg. What a lazy ass
Worst 5$ I ever gave to a patreon ever..
There pictures are like instagram, looks good right? Mannn that shit was boo boo in game. Lazy fucks.

Reactions: taped up cd
Sep 13, 2018
Just because you make a large income does not mean you shouldn't find another revenue stream. This is the difference between rich, wealthy and other. Rich people find new ways to make income, the wealthy just get comfortable. Other doesn't do either one.

As far as EA's terms, (not related to HMB) I could be reaching but If I made a fucking mesh in blender, I OWN that mesh, not EA. Because you can easily sell said model on CGTRADER, Second Life, etc. A mesh is a mesh. Just as easy as I put it in the sims, just as easy as I can put it elsewhere. I personally have made at least 50 pieces of clutter, 20 clothes, and 3 accessories. I don't have to oblige by EA's rules for something I made in Marvelous Designer, Blender or 3DS. This is just my personal thought, I am open to hearing everyone else opinion but as a creator, EA's microtransaction pumpin ass can suck my dick. They're literally patreon on steroids. Do any of you own a console lol.
I've nothing against her finding another revenue stream. If that was all it was, I'd be the first to sing her praises. When she put her creations on the market she agreed to abide by market regulations. She failed to do so. Plain and simple. I don't necessarily agree with EA staking claim to everything made for their game, but they do own the copyright on it and they allow us to use and modify their copyrighted material with some caveats. I personally agree that someone's art should belong to them, however that isn't a legal reality. My engineer friends routinely create designs and drawings for products and their specifications. These drawings and specifications are legal property of the employer. My programmer friends are in the same boat creating code for specific applications but the code belongs 100% to the employer. In my job I routinely create things that I could file for copyright protections on, but legally I cannot do that as my employment agreement specifies that what I create on company time belongs to the company. I understand she is doing this on her own equipment so it isn't the same thing, but the essence of the argument is still valid. She created something that she has no real legal ownership of. In this case it's almost a moot point because she uses EA's software to create the software and under their EULA they do get to exercise some control over what's done with that content. That said, putting something you made but don't legally own behind a paywall is a little sketchy. Putting something that you never made or purchased the rights of ownership to behind a paywall is illegal in the United States. She is not the victim, no matter how hard she professes as such. She is not the hero in this story, no matter how hard she professes as such.

I'm a content creator as well and I respect the license agreement I have with EA. I don't like it, but it's their game, their engine, their world. It's their sandbox, we all just like to play in it. I create content for the love of the game; for myself and others. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone because I'm altruistic. I'm just saying that I respect the rules of the marketplace in which I operate and I certainly have no intention on making profit off of another person's hard work by putting it behind a paywall of any sort. When she begins to follow the rules of playing in EA's sandbox I'll cease my criticism. Until then all she gets from me is snark, ridicule, and disdain.

iAmTheFuture

Oct 21, 2017

Edit: I don't charge for cc because they're not good enough to even release for free lol. Which is why outside of the 5 outfits on my tumblr, everything is in unreleased purgatory. Well I have a ski mask on patreon but because it was the very first of all sims 4 ski mask lol but it was set for free release but I said fuck it too.
I have a guy who could use that machine gun necklace lol

ChiraqFreaky

Aug 14, 2018
I'm not on her side but I'm just saying this whole shit sounds like nonsense. As for content creation like I said If I made it and didn't sell my mesh to EA, I can do what I want with it, to be honest. Honestly it isn't like EA is doing anything to stop said Patreons. So I think that adds to the reason why a new patreon pops up everyday lol but hell none of this affect me so I can care less what she or any other creator do, just create.

I gotta go state to state, performing show after show, song after song in 2 months. I just want to enjoy as much innovative content as possible while I have the free time, you feel me?

RevanXe

Oct 10, 2017
So WW now supports some select height sliders. Out of the ones supported, which one would you lot consider to do the best job? And links to download if possible (but not necessary as i'm sure i can find them easily) Cheers.

Sheikus

Aug 24, 2018
Mike24 FUTA COMPABILITY - UPDATE - DF & CLASSIC

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You need download both files - FUTA & CLASSIC

weednes

Feb 9, 2019
Because those creators don't own those assets. So the court would laugh in their faces.

"Boohoo somebody leaked my ts4 household!"

Judge:
Of course ... That would be like going to the court asking for protection because someone "filters" the saved game of any videogame.
"Hey, those are my modified Saints Row 3 characters and cars ... How do I earn my living now?"

LOL Theoretically it would be the alleged plaintiff who would have a problem, as he would be commercially exploiting the intellectual property of EA in this case, and in his demand, he would be admitting it explicitly

Reactions: maldo and _Fin_
Mar 14, 2019
Hello,

I have been told not to ask for support again to your community.

Since I would like to make a living out of my work, it is a not so pleasant but necessary step for me.

I thought that you were against paywalls, not against support.
I apologize for the mix-up.

I’m leaving the discord channel to avoid being the target of unnecessary rude comments.

I know that some of you are supporting me. Thank you for that.
We can keep in touch on my post on F95, on LL or on discord (REDFACTION#8858)

I’m not holding grudge against anyone.
I’m leaving in peace :)

Farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes