Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
I think it's pretty fucking stupid for him to add support for objects that inject errors into the game. It's impossible to know which animations are using these props. He needs to put e mechanism in to turn that off. Not everyone has the props or know which animations use them. That was a pretty stupid move to do that and leave us hanging for a month.
Seems this may have something to do with it. I didn't have this package installed, and was getting the error almost every loading screen. Put it in, and now it seems to have stopped. (Is in the mega folder) Still, this shouldn't happen at all. Forcing you to have items you don't want just to stop an error? That's bullshit.

OP of that thread here. What package did you install to stop the error? AFAIK, it's not the bed double dildo, because I still get the error and that item is on multiple beds on my lot in a couple of saves.
It was the Azmodan22_Strapon_Collection.zip located in the mega folder. More specifically, the Bed-DoubleDildo.package was said to be causing the error. I should note that I had Azmodan's devices installed already, but for some reason, the Bed-DoubleDildo.package was not in the one I already had.

Last edited:

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Hard to say for definite but I know that a mod folder too big will cause longer loading times and more lag between interactions in game,
CAS and build mode will also be more sluggish when switching through the categories,
System specs may be a factor but overall it will not remove the issues and will still be very noticeable in comparison to a lighter folder,

I personally had about 8gb of mods and when I cut it down to around 5gb the improvement all round was phenomenal,

Merging content does help in this aspect I've heard,
Just don't merge any packages that are still subject to updates,
Clothing, hair and tattoo's/makeup/skin details are generally ok in that respect but as I say you need to watch out for updated versions of something that may already have
Yeah, merging content does help tremendously. It seems Sims 4 has an issue dealing with an unknown number of open files. Reducing that number by merging helps a lot. I have just under 8gb of content (excluding mods). I was getting library crashes quite often until I finally figured out that merging the files helped mitigate the problem.

Merging mods is never a good idea. CC is pretty much fine. Although merging does create some extra work when you need to add things to your CC. As A result, I keep a directory with the unmerged items so I can simply add new files and remerge quickly. I should also note that Sims 4 has an issue with single files over 2 GB. You will have to split merges larger than 2GB into two or more files. (i.e. clothing 1, clothing2, etc.) Easy enough to do with S4S.

Last edited:

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
OP of that thread here. What package did you install to stop the error? AFAIK, it's not the bed double dildo, because I still get the error and that item is on multiple beds on my lot in a couple of saves.
Interesting.... Come to think of it, I did get the error on initial load, but it never happened again in game loading screens. I'll have to check and see if it still happens on initial load now that you mention it. It was happening to me on every single loading screen, and it was driving me nuts.

I should also mention that a there have been complaints on the EA forums about this issue as well. Hard to tell there if they are using mods though.

EDIT: Just did a fresh load of the game, and there was no error. Unusual to say the least. Bed-DoubleDildo.package was the only one missing from the zip I had. It's possible that we're looking at a compounded error. One caused by EA and one caused by a mod. Won't know for until I play for a while though. Wouldn't be surprised if that were the case though.

Last edited:

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
It would seem that the error is still there. It's not quite as frequent, but I just got it again. *sigh*

I should add that the error I am seeing is the removal of one build mode item.

Last edited:

Rosehrt

May 24, 2019
Hard to say for definite but I know that a mod folder too big will cause longer loading times and more lag between interactions in game,
CAS and build mode will also be more sluggish when switching through the categories,
System specs may be a factor but overall it will not remove the issues and will still be very noticeable in comparison to a lighter folder,

I personally had about 8gb of mods and when I cut it down to around 5gb the improvement all round was phenomenal,

Merging content does help in this aspect I've heard,
Just don't merge any packages that are still subject to updates,
Clothing, hair and tattoo's/makeup/skin details are generally ok in that respect but as I say you need to watch out for updated versions of something that may already have
The best way of getting performance out of the game I have found while using a lot of CC is renaming CC and mods files by removing any underlines, spaces or any characters that are not 0-9 or a-z (Sim players have been using this method since The Sims 2). I use the Bulk Rename Utility program myself. In Bulk Rename Utility I put a blank space under Replace(3) on the first line and under Remove(5) I check off everything on the bottom except Digits and Chars. So D/S, Sym, High, Accents, and Trim boxes are all checked off. Select all is found under Actions.

dalemonhead

Nov 30, 2017
What does the 342565_DaLeMoNHeaD_Merged_VenuesList mod do?
It combines all of the venue changes from a number of different mods into a single package. I use a lot of mods that add new venue types, and there were conflicts between them, so I initially made it for myself, but I shared it here after people asked about the same issues I was having.

BTW, I'm attaching my latest version (with some minor fixes and support for coolspear's Jungle Bar).

Byrnie

Apr 13, 2018
It combines all of the venue changes from a number of different mods into a single package. I use a lot of mods that add new venue types, and there were conflicts between them, so I initially made it for myself, but I shared it here after people asked about the same issues I was having.

BTW, I'm attaching my latest version (with some minor fixes and support for coolspear's Jungle Bar).
I love this mod so much. Did you make changes to account for Coolspears Jungle and Granite Falls as residential? He mentioned something about removing rentals. Just curious as you're the only one that is tying together all these venues to allow guys like me to enjoy being able to use all my essential mods at once.

Not a big deal just curious. Thanks again for this mod, seriously love it.

awwdear

Aug 15, 2016
I think it's pretty fucking stupid for him to add support for objects that inject errors into the game. It's impossible to know which animations are using these props. He needs to put e mechanism in to turn that off. Not everyone has the props or know which animations use them. That was a pretty stupid move to do that and leave us hanging for a month.
Have you considered reading what you're downloading before putting it into your game?

adamz

Aug 22, 2018
Anyone now why I can't seem to get Wicked Whims to pop-up at the start of the game even when I have the mod installed, and it appears in the CC screen when I launch? I have the newest version of both the game and WW and I have tried and failed multiple times with no new results. Do you have to use the Origin connected version of the game? I'm using a cracked version that must be offline to use Sims 4
Did you enabled script modifications? Make sure you do, there's 2 options: enable mods and cc and enable script modifications. WW needs both to work.

Is your WW files on subfolders? The game won't read script mods placed 2 subfolders deep, you can try to move the files straight to mods folder if you haven't already.

Other than that I have no idea, I also have the cracked game and it works just fine.

DrunkDragon

Donor
May 26, 2018
So, when I try to start a new game, I have this issue:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't know how to describe it. I can't import from the gallery, can't add a new sim, can't override/replace it, change age or gender. Anyone ever seen this before? Have begun removing mods to see if it helps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nicko99

Dec 7, 2017
I don't know how to describe it. I can't import from the gallery, can't add a new sim, can't override/replace it, change age or gender. Anyone ever seen this before? Have begun removing mods to see if it helps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Just look at which mods, from the last ones, you set. Remove them and check the game. I had something similar. Cured.
Sorry for my English!!!

_Fin_

Jan 2, 2018
Seems like something related to skins or CAS. Try removing any mods that affect those instances :)

Justicar

Aug 17, 2018
Do you maybe have an outdated UI mod? I get that same silhouette if I use the new story-based create-a-sim (complete with missing legs) but I can just cancel it and make a new sim or answer the questions and then customize afterwards. I'm thinking maybe your missing parts of the UI. Hope that helps.

Reactions: DrunkDragon

venom757

Aug 31, 2017
Terrible issue.you said about the new game,what about the saved game?does it working?if there is no issue with the saved game then copy and cut the save files and paste it to any other disk as back up and check..if still having the issue then you need to check after removing the mod and tray folder to somewhere and check.if still doesn't solve the issue ,might be a game file have been missing or corrupted..
possible related to windows as far as this game is concern.....
1.install most updated Microsoft.net
2.uninstall and clean install the latest graphic driver
3.repair Microsoft visual 2013 redistributable.

PS: more column in CAS mod (back dated)..

Reactions: DrunkDragon

dalemonhead

Nov 30, 2017
I love this mod so much. Did you make changes to account for Coolspears Jungle and Granite Falls as residential? He mentioned something about removing rentals. Just curious as you're the only one that is tying together all these venues to allow guys like me to enjoy being able to use all my essential mods at once.

Not a big deal just curious. Thanks again for this mod, seriously love it.
No, I haven't. I use Zerbu's mod to make Sulani a destination world, so I haven't really had any need to remove the rental cabin venues from those worlds. I'll try it out an some point, and will update my package as needed (I'll probably have to make two separate versions).

Reactions: Byrnie

DrunkDragon

Donor
May 26, 2018
Terrible issue.you said about the new game,what about the saved game?does it working?if there is no issue with the saved game then copy and cut the save files and paste it to any other disk as back up and check..if still having the issue then you need to check after removing the mod and tray folder to somewhere and check.if still doesn't solve the issue ,might be a game file have been missing or corrupted..
possible related to windows as far as this game is concern.....
1.install most updated Microsoft.net
2.uninstall and clean install the latest graphic driver
3.repair Microsoft visual 2013 redistributable.

PS: more column in CAS mod (back dated)..
There are no problems, when I go in to edit a sim with the MC control center. I will try this, when I'm done building the current house.

venom757

Aug 31, 2017
Few hair conversions for the kids .don't know if any other creator made these hairs before or not so i keep the original name of the package files as well as the creators name.all credit goes to them(y)
Edit: Actually i didn't check properly after converting these hairs for the kids so please report me if you see any bug in game play options

Last edited:

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Any out of date UI mod can cause this... Like UI Cheats, More Clubs Per Sim, More columns in CAS... just to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes