Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
I've been using WW 145.3, WP 2.1.2c and MCC 6.5.0.1 for a few days without any issues. You'd think that, if what you're claiming was indeed the case, everybody here would be complaining too...
Well good for you - however I wasn't the only one with issues if you took the time to read the forums. In fact many complained that the WW/Nisa update broke and were waiting for a fix. But sure, lets keep rehashing this topic over and over again.

Charles Vane

Formerly 'tkass'
Jul 10, 2019
was getting Last Exception errors with 2.1.2c/145c AND 6.5 MCC - the three together do not play well
Why are you using WW145c and not 145.3? Nisa's Patreon version 2.1.2c isn't made to play with WW LL version. Mine work well together. WW145.3; Nisa 2.1.2c and MCCC6.5. It's usually some other mod causing the problem. I'll bet these three aren't the only mods in your mods folders.

NunyaBizness

Nov 25, 2017
Regarding Nisa's Mod... I've had no issues. I'm using latest Patreon versions of Nisa/WW/MHCC. Do you have TwistedMexi's ? Also, you could go into your Save folder and delete the Nisa Save & WW Save. Doing this will require you to redo your WW/Nisa settings though.

D

Deleted member 1524544

Like the options to change the eye color when you click on it in cas. It's only an amber color for the eyes and I have to resort to using makeup/paint eyes.
Hmm that's weird. Must be a mod or cc that seems to be conflicting with it :/

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
Why are you using WW145c and not 145.3? Nisa's Patreon version 2.1.2c isn't made to play with WW LL version. Mine work well together. WW145.3; Nisa 2.1.2c and MCCC6.5. It's usually some other mod causing the problem. I'll bet these three aren't the only mods in your mods folders.
Considering I spotted the errors when I pulled every mod out of my game and was going through those three as I was fixing an issue with the Sims as something had knocked out the Sims needs and kept it gray plus also knocked out the build feature. So removed every mod, and went one by one for over 10 plus hours narrowing down what was broken and what wasn't. As I stated before, Nisa/WW/MC were not jiving - mainly Nisa. Tried with a combination of Nisa A,B,C, MC 6.5 and 6.4. I will double check what version of WW I have running but so far WW isnt highlighting that it's out of date and needs updating nor am I getting Last Exception errors highlighting Nisa/WW/MC on Last Exception Assistant...

Last edited:

RevanXe

Oct 10, 2017
Hello Guys, i Found a lesser known way of improving load times on initial load. The most known i imagine is combining packages so you take a load of packages and combine them, its easier to load.

There is another i discovered, when folders and packages have none letter characters in their names (such as, well this bracket, this comma,-,{}[] and so on) they take longer to load and process. I used a program that can rename entire folders by taking out any character and replacing it with another, its not an original concept BTW so i take no credit for this as i discovered it by a google search. Ill link the program.

Heres a link to a tutorial

D

Deleted member 1524544

Hello Guys, i Found a lesser known way of improving load times on initial load. The most known i imagine is combining packages so you take a load of packages and combine them, its easier to load.

There is another i discovered, when folders and packages have none letter characters in their names (such as, well this bracket, this comma,-,{}[] and so on) they take longer to load and process. I used a program that can rename entire folders by taking out any character and replacing it with another, its not an original concept BTW so i take no credit for this as i discovered it by a google search. Ill link the program.

Heres a link to a tutorial
Not sure if this is the same program or not, but I have been doing the same thing for ages lol. I use the Bulk Rename Utility program to do this. It's pretty easy. Under the remove (5) tab you have your options to remove certain characters from a file name. I check off symbols and accents, and in the Chars box I press the space bar as even spaces in between names can cause some loading lag. I use this for every single new mod and cc that I download. After using this I will merge a lot of my cc (not my mods though) with s4s. The total size of my sims 4 documents folder is 81.1 gigs lol and renaming and merging most of my cc has made a dramatic difference for me imo. It takes about 5 minutes or so for my game to load. My gameplay itself runs smoothly and the lot loading time isn't long at all (of course this always depends on the size of the lot and amount of cc on it). If anyone is also interested in the Bulk Rename Utility Tool here is a direct link to the download. Just check off symbols, accents and press the space bar under Chars under the remove (5) tab to rename your files.

D

Deleted member 1524544

Not sure if this is the same program or not, but I have been doing the same thing for ages lol. I use the Bulk Rename Utility program to do this. It's pretty easy. Under the remove (5) tab you have your options to remove certain characters from a file name. I check off symbols and accents, and in the Chars box I press the space bar as even spaces in between names can cause some loading lag. I use this for every single new mod and cc that I download. After using this I will merge a lot of my cc (not my mods though) with s4s. The total size of my sims 4 documents folder is 81.1 gigs lol and renaming and merging most of my cc has made a dramatic difference for me imo. It takes about 5 minutes or so for my game to load. My gameplay itself runs smoothly and the lot loading time isn't long at all (of course this always depends on the size of the lot and amount of cc on it). If anyone is also interested in the Bulk Rename Utility Tool here is a direct link to the download. Just check off symbols, accents and press the space bar under Chars under the remove (5) tab to rename your files.
Also, here is a useful article I came across a long time ago that talks about this as well. It wasn't the article that made me become aware of this though, it was my hubby lol. He's a bit of a tech geek and he was the one who told me about this and that I should rename my packages and also merge my cc. When I first did this is caused a dramatic difference so I've been doing these 2 steps ever since. The only thing is it can sometimes take a while because I will need to unmerge certain packages to add new packages to it and then merge them again lol. It's worth the time it takes to do that though imo

rev22x20

Apr 19, 2018
Like the options to change the eye color when you click on it in cas. It's only an amber color for the eyes and I have to resort to using makeup/paint eyes.
This was happening to me a long time ago and it was some non default eyes (or default eyes, I can't remember) that was giving me the problem. If you have CC eyes try doing the 50/50 thing until you find out which one is giving you the problem.

If you don't have cc eyes then...........I really don't know how to help you.... :(

RevanXe

Oct 10, 2017
Also, here is a useful article I came across a long time ago that talks about this as well. It wasn't the article that made me become aware of this though, it was my hubby lol. He's a bit of a tech geek and he was the one who told me about this and that I should rename my packages and also merge my cc. When I first did this is caused a dramatic difference so I've been doing these 2 steps ever since. The only thing is it can sometimes take a while because I will need to unmerge certain packages to add new packages to it and then merge them again lol. It's worth the time it takes to do that though imo
Aye that's the same article i linked, i also did both and there's been a noticeable improvement without getting rid of too much CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes