Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zazzy1234557

Oct 8, 2019
Personally, I play both and i miss things from Sims 4 when I play 3 and Sims 3 when I play 4. Some people act like it's either or (and with the state of Sims 3 it's a bitch to get running) but in my eyes they are good games in their own rights.

I just look at Sims 4 for what it does great and I do the same for Sims 3, I love them both.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Personally, I play both and i miss things from Sims 4 when I play 3 and Sims 3 when I play 4. Some people act like it's either or (and with the state of Sims 3 it's a bitch to get running) but in my eyes they are good games in their own rights.

I just look at Sims 4 for what it does great and I do the same for Sims 3, I love them both.
If I didn't convey it well, this is ultimately how I feel too, and that doesn't just stop at 3 and 4 either.

Reactions: zazzy1234557

zazzy1234557

Oct 8, 2019
I learned a long time ago to look at Sims 4 for what it does well and what I love, I can go on and on about what I hate, but I love the game overall and it's fun to me. I won't lie the negative opinions get to me but in the end, I enjoy the purchuse i've made, plus modding makes ALL sims games 100% better. So im cool with Sims 4.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
I learned a long time ago to look at Sims 4 for what it does well and what I love, I can go on and on about what I hate, but I love the game overall and it's fun to me. I won't lie the negative opinions get to me but in the end, I enjoy the purchuse i've made, plus modding makes ALL sims games 100% better. So im cool with Sims 4.
I agree whole-heartedly! Unfortunately, if there's something wrong, most people can't just nudge it aside until it's fixed, if it's a fixable problem in the first place, and not something deeply rooted by something like, for example, engine limitations.

DirtyLilDolly

Jun 14, 2019
I agree whole-heartedly! Unfortunately, if there's something wrong, most people can't just nudge it aside until it's fixed, if it's a fixable problem in the first place, and not something deeply rooted by something like, for example, engine limitations.
This isn't attack at anyone. Let me state that first. For what it is I actually enjoy TS4, not as much as TS2, but it's still very much playable to me. I know that TS4 is not going to be what TS2 was due to how the game was made, and honestly that's an issues unto itself. I never really played TS3 just wasn't a fan, but what I don't get is how a lot (not all) of TS4 players attack anyone who as a less than favorable opinion of this game. They act as if people are personally attacking them and I just don't get it. I understand people getting upset at fans who are rude and abusive to the gurus. I understand being sick and tired of fans who are negative about every single aspect of the game, but when people have genuine complaints about the game people call them spoiled or intitled or a bunch of other unnecessary names. Why? If you're paying for something and you feel like you're not getting what your paying for you should be allowed to complain, but a lot (not all) of TS4 players act like you're committing some kind of cardinal sin. I guess I've never gotten this kind of fanboy/girl mob mentality. Both sides are just as wrong. The ones that are constantly complaining and the constantly policing anyone who isn't 100% in love with this game.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
This isn't attack at anyone. Let me state that first.
I wasn't trying to imply anything of the sort, sorry if it seemed that way!
but what I don't get is how a lot (not all) of TS4 players attack anyone who as a less than favorable opinion of this game.
Personally, there's just too much negativity around it in my personal opinion, so any more negativity just.. It's piling onto what ALREADY exists, and for what? At some point, seeing certain stuff over and over again is like being force fed the food you hate the most. It's SICKENING.

But despite that, I don't attack people. I read and get irritated these days, but I don't attack. I also understand where they all come from, but that only makes the problem WORSE on a personal level.
They act as if people are personally attacking them and I just don't get it. I understand people getting upset at fans who are rude and abusive to the gurus. I understand being sick and tired of fans who are negative about every single aspect of the game, but when people have genuine complaints about the game people call them spoiled or intitled or a bunch of other unnecessary names. Why?
"One man's trash is another man's treasure."

What some people don't like, other's do enjoy. I again, do not act as if I'm being personally attacked, but what I DO notice is that in retrospect, some people try to defend the game level-headedly, and receive ridicule DIRECTLY in return. The people overwhelmed with negativity and spite towards The Sims 4 really tend to bite at people trying to defend it, even if it is reasonable.

Every side is wrong in some way, but they're also both right in others, even if the opposite side doesn't like it. It's REALLY just how it is.

(I advise further discussion to a (Group?) DM before we're recommended to do as such, I didn't mean to drag anything out by responding, like I said in my recent profile post, I'm oddly, and even uncharacteristically responsive to a lot of things lately to an uncomfortable extent.. :unsure:)

DirtyLilDolly

Jun 14, 2019
I wasn't trying to imply anything of the sort, sorry if it seemed that way!

I'm not going to keep this going here. Don't want to clog up this board. I only wanted to say I didn't think you were attacking anyone. It didn't come off that way to me. I just wanted to make it clear to anyone reading this that I wasn't attacking anyone, because things can get pretty heated when discussing TS4 and I didn't want to start an argument. O.K. I'm done now.

zazzy1234557

Oct 8, 2019
So does not updating Wicked Whims animations have any negative effects on the game? (Dumb question I know) but i've been trying to clean through almost 12gb of mods.

I have an issue where I keep things in my folder (i'm a very story heavy player) because I fear I may need it but never end up using it, Im like a mod hoarder.

How often do you guys update your wicked whims animations?

PrinJess

Dec 17, 2018
So does not updating Wicked Whims animations have any negative effects on the game? (Dumb question I know) but i've been trying to clean through almost 12gb of mods.

I have an issue where I keep things in my folder (i'm a very story heavy player) because I fear I may need it but never end up using it, Im like a mod hoarder.

How often do you guys update your wicked whims animations?
I try to update my animations the moment they're updated, but I oftentimes miss one or two, especially if the updates are frequent. I don't consider animations a 'mod' though since patches and expansions (usually) don't affect them.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Why does the Cherry Pie cum animation look so awful? Worse is it looks like Cherry Pie is embedding the mesh in their animations because I removed the mesh from my game, and I'm still seeing it. Looks like I have to remove CP animations as well. *sigh*

Last edited:

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Surprisingly it looks good....but that's the trailer's job. Facade you into believing in a lie. We all know the game looks worse than that and is empty and lifeless. Funny how Sims 3 trailers were always crapped on about that but its OK when Sims 4 does it.
Then again most Simmers left and fake Simmers took over with Sims 4 being released. Paralives is the only hope we old schoolers got.

Glad to see the keg, stalls, plumbots, and bicycles though.
Deep deep sale purchase at the most.

zazzy1234557

Oct 8, 2019
Surprisingly it looks good....but that's the trailer's job. Facade you into believing in a lie. We all know the game looks worse than that and is empty and lifeless. Funny how Sims 3 trailers were always crapped on about that but its OK when Sims 4 does it.
Then again most Simmers left and fake Simmers took over with Sims 4 being released. Paralives is the only hope we old schoolers got.

Glad to see the keg, stalls, plumbots, and bicycles though.
Deep deep sale purchase at the most.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

back on track, I'd love some candy sim drops, that person has some nice hair and cc.

zazzy1234557

Oct 8, 2019
I try to update my animations the moment they're updated, but I oftentimes miss one or two, especially if the updates are frequent. I don't consider animations a 'mod' though since patches and expansions (usually) don't affect them.
ah okay, I've been getting some LE and i thought it may be because of them, I'll get to updating them soon.

Reactions: GhostCanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes