Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herringbine

May 8, 2018
I kinda enjoy having different illnesses in game, but I wish it was a bit more fleshed out. If BM wanted to add cancer into the game, maybe give it a bit more thought than some moodlets and needs changes. It could've extended into the active careers and even connected with the parts that are already in BD (like using weed to help w/ side effects). There aren't really any mods that have an extensive illness system though.. that's probably because most players want to escape from those kinds of things in the game.

I think that Basemental and Turbodriver are suffering from being complacent in doing the bare minimum. They still get a large check at the end of the month, so they no longer have the drive to go above and beyond.

I really feel motivated to become a modder..I just need to find out how lol! I'm learning C right now but I feel like I could do it.

flower6ix

Jul 21, 2019
HUMM... so yall are using probably Extreme Violence mod by Sacrificial and all where you can kill your sims in horrific ways possible and you are NOT shocked but when a modder add cancer that can kill your sims because they smoke.. yall CANT handle it ?... oh wow, humans Logic 1.O.1
Literally WHOMST was admitting to using Extreme Violence while being bothered by the cancer add on??

ReeseQian

Sep 16, 2019
I used Exreme violence and Fame mod by Sacrificial it gave me lot of LEs .. Can Anyone please help Fix that for me.. I'm not good with Py or script file or whatever that chit called

Reactions: Kiwifruitpassion
Oct 13, 2018
Wow, that's one hell of a Basemental update. I imagine some people not liking it, if he's smart he'll try and make it optional or able to be turned off just so people who have dealt with cancer IRL aren't, well, for lack of a better term, triggered. Personally for me all that means is that I have to make sure my favorite Sims don't start smoking, and perhaps make Eliza Pancakes take up smoking... :unsure:

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
I kinda enjoy having different illnesses in game, but I wish it was a bit more fleshed out. If BM wanted to add cancer into the game, maybe give it a bit more thought than some moodlets and needs changes. It could've extended into the active careers and even connected with the parts that are already in BD (like using weed to help w/ side effects). There aren't really any mods that have an extensive illness system though.. that's probably because most players want to escape from those kinds of things in the game.

I think that Basemental and Turbodriver are suffering from being complacent in doing the bare minimum. They still get a large check at the end of the month, so they no longer have the drive to go above and beyond.

I really feel motivated to become a modder..I just need to find out how lol! I'm learning C right now but I feel like I could do it.
I think Basemental and Turbodriver suffer from "Patreon Syndrome." Basically doing the bare minimum to keep the cash flowing, and adding useless junk to the mod that would have been better as a different mod. Both mods are way bloated. I dumped BM months ago because it became more like a job than a mod. When it stops being fun, then out it goes.

Last edited:

nandes

Sep 2, 2019

I partially agree with this not so much for Turbo though he’s putting in the work for his check but he really needs to separate the mod at this point I feel like strippers could’ve been it’s own mod. But on the plus side I did see him mention that it’s a possibility in the future but for now he’s keeping it under the same umbrella.

But that’s the problem with Patreon to justify the check they have to keep adding and adding. I personally don’t have a problem with the cancer add on but it needs more than what is. I see what he was intending to do with the showing the consequences of use and honestly I think all of these mods could use more consequence to add depth but there were other things he could’ve done to do that. I would’ve liked seeing friends shun you or relationships fall apart from drugs use or something of the sort.

But ultimately all these mods are optional and these creators aren’t beholden to me bc I’m not paying for most of their things lol.

AdamOAdam

May 18, 2018
Wow, that's one hell of a Basemental update. I imagine some people not liking it, if he's smart he'll try and make it optional or able to be turned off just so people who have dealt with cancer IRL aren't, well, for lack of a better term, triggered. Personally for me all that means is that I have to make sure my favorite Sims don't start smoking, and perhaps make Eliza Pancakes take up smoking... :unsure:
He keeps adding what people do not want. I have made peace with him never adding heroin (maybe he has connections real life issues with it), but at least add meth.

Reactions: hmorphone

frankstallone

Jul 27, 2019
If Im not mistaken, Slice of Life added crap like that...
Difference being, Slice of Life is module based. You can remove any modules you don't want, like acne, pregnancy. Basemental is all or nothing.

HUMM... so yall are using probably Extreme Violence mod by Sacrificial and all where you can kill your sims in horrific ways possible and you are NOT shocked but when a modder add cancer that can kill your sims because they smoke.. yall CANT handle it ?... oh wow, humans Logic 1.O.1
You sound like a fun person to be around.

rev22x20

Apr 19, 2018
Apples to Oranges - Extreme Violence mod is something you activate, basically an alternative method of using MCCC Maintain Sim - Kill Sim. Cancer mod is passive and is always active.
He made the lung cancer feature autonomous?? I don't have anything in that mod set to autonomous.
Which means NPC's don't smoke or use drugs autonomous which means nobody will be getting lung cancer in my game unless I decide to make that particular Sim smoke.

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
He made the lung cancer feature autonomous?? I don't have anything in that mod set to autonomous.
Which means NPC's don't smoke or use drugs autonomous which means nobody will be getting lung cancer in my game unless I decide to make that particular Sim smoke.
So you downloaded a drug mod and decided not to use the autonomous feature so why bother downloading it in the first place?

• Angry
Reactions: rev22x20

Herringbine

May 8, 2018
I see what he was intending to do with the showing the consequences of use and honestly I think all of these mods could use more consequence to add depth but there were other things he could’ve done to do that. I would’ve liked seeing friends shun you or relationships fall apart from drugs use or something of the sort.
Yes! I thought that there were consequences for drug use..but I quickly learned that's not the case when I had my sim throw a party and use cocaine and speed the entire time. It'd be interesting to see more consequences.

Reactions: maldo

NunyaBizness

Nov 25, 2017
From Discord:

Nathan10/18/2019

I understand I just have a lot of sims smoking outside my control and idk about how I'll manage their habits

Basemental10/18/2019

Yeah, that won’t happen for NPC’s NAthan

Only for Sims you are actively playing. And you need to smoke quite a lot to run that risk in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes